SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What is God showing you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

Re:

to me living in his presence is out of a desire He has given me to know Him more and more. By forming the habit continuously conversing with God now telling Him everything. I know He will meet my needs, He said He would. The goal of the heart is to think of nothing but God. It is all about Him is it not? I just get to be a part of it all.

2009/2/28 10:15Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

wtninChrist,

I do believe there is no greater pleasure in life than knowing God. I have never found the words that adequately express the experience.

When satan tempted Adam & Eve, though he did tempt them to disobey God, from another perspective, he tempted them to think they could add to the pleasure they enjoyed with God. That has been his tactic ever since. We are tempted to think that God and something other than what He has permitted will enrich our lives.

I have found that as I have sought God first, I have been more content with the things He gives me to enjoy. Before, I would have to say that God was more in the mix of all I sought.

Your comment, 'out of a desire He has given me to know Him more and more', I have struggled with. How much of this has been a result of His drawing me and how much has been my decision to draw close?

The only difference has been an intense test. It came 3 years after a decision I made to seek God afresh. I have concluded that He was pleased with the pursuit and decided to accelerate it by submitting me to a test. It has had it's perfect work.

I can't say that I would wish it on anyone but I also know now, I would not trade it for anything.

Enjoyed your comments,

Mike

2009/3/1 8:34Profile
run2win

USA

Re:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Oh, how this thread has ministered to me as I have heard your voices speak of your sweet fellowship with the Lord. I lack the language to express all that the Lord is in my life. The Spirit brought to mind this passage of scripture:

"Knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2Cor4:14-18

Growing in His grace,

R2W

2009/3/1 17:32Profile
growingholly

Re:

He is showing me to be more like basil.
see, i'm growing a basil plant in my room, and in order for the plant to grow, you have to not water it sometimes. reason being, if it needs water, it grows the roots to find the water. when the roots grow, the leaves grow. also, it reaches for the sunlight in whatever direction the sunlight is found. just the other day i came home to a new leaf on almost every stem!
soon, this little plant will be big enough to harvest.
God is so, so kind to show us His glory in nature. all creation really does sing forth His praise!

2009/3/1 19:47Profile
as4me

Re:

God showed me today that because Christ was sinless, he was not subject to the law of sin and death.

His Ressurrection was inevitable.

"I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." John 10:18

What Great Love! What confidence we can have in God to be faithful to His own!

2009/3/1 21:35Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re: What is God showing you?

Dan 11:32 And he will ruin by flattery those who do evil against the covenant. But the people who know their God will be strong and will work.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Knowing Our Father and our Lord Jesus more and more intimately must be our pursuit. I confess I am often side tracked, but the Helper, reminds me and brings me back.

We also know that it is by Faith in God's word that we can enter into all the promises that are in Christ. Yet we strive to have this Faith. We try to pray for it. But then I see that for me it is so easy to trust a person or believe him/her when I know the person intimately and know that he can be trusted. So I see that the strength of my Faith in the person depends not in me, but in the quality of that person and how much of that quality I know.

So we too can be counted in those great men of Faith, as we pursue and know our Lord more and more intimately.

Be not satisfied with knowing the right doctrine, but in knowing HIM personally.

We should be able to say, "I know God, I know My Father, I know Jesus, I know Him on whom I have believed." In reality and in truth not just as a conceptual ascertion of doctrine.

What I have realized is that, if that is not where we are, instead of make believe, we can go to God in simple honesty, confess the reality and ask for the reality of His presence in our daily life.
He will do it, because He said so, that He will give whatever we ask. Let us ask this of HIM.

1Jn 2:13 I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. [b]I write to you, little children, because you have known the Father[/b]

Yes let us grow in our intimacy with the Lord, just as a baby identifies its parents but as he grows up, the older sons and daughters know their parents more intimately. let us not be satisfied by the intial brush with our Lord, but a daily walk.

2009/3/2 1:14Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

Vakugal wrote:
Be not satisfied with knowing the right doctrine, but in knowing HIM personally.

Good word! Jesus accused the Pharisees of thinking they could find eternal life by searching the scriptures. They missed it by a mile by searching the scriptures. In turn, they caused others to miss it as well.

2009/3/2 22:55Profile
psalm1

Re:

God is showing me;
The rapture is near
The last days revival is about to begin
The true gospel has rarely been preached
The spiritual atmosphere is and will be more polluted by Phariseeism.
Leaders everywhere cannot seem to recognise the gifts and anointing on the brethren
The strategy of most Churches to ignore the prophetic has left the church anemic
Inacurate judgements have brought judgements to those that judge wrongly.
The fear of man will torpedo the prohetic faster than the devil himself.
Fear will destroy the channel of blessing that flows from heaven.

2009/3/2 23:35Profile
prof

on the Mississippi

Re: What is God showing you?

In Mark 4:35-41 is the account of Jesus asleep in the boat while the storm rages and his disciples awake him asking, "Do you not care that we are perishing"? And then He arose and calmed the storm.

Had the disciples comprehended who Jesus really was, that He and the God of the universe were one, would they have been gripped with such fear of perishing? Could they have thought for one moment that the Son of God would sink with them to the depths of the sea to live no more? We, like the disciples, do not comprehend the power of this One in our boat, this Spirit who dwells within us. Who, but Chist, should we want in our boat in the greatest of life's storms? We need only to call Him, and He will answer.

A great consolation in these turbulent times.

2009/3/3 1:29Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

The God Who comes near

And the Lord said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. So I have come down to deliver them out of the land of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. Exodus 3:7-8

I have seen
I have heard
I know
I have come

One of the most captivating truths of Christianity is that we do not serve some far off, uninvolved God who is indifferent to us. Consider this gospel truth – “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.” Eph 2:13

He created the entire universe and died on the cross for my sins.

He rules the whole world each moment and hears every word that I pray.

He is enthroned in heaven and yet He is with me daily.

His voice thunders from heaven and whispers to my heart.

In 10,000 different ways He displays His love to those who are His.

He sees
He hears
He knows
He has come

2009/3/3 21:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy