Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : ?about a movie

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

?about a movie

Hi
I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie City of Embers? If so what did you think??

God Bless
MJ

2009/2/5 21:01Profile

Re: ?about a movie

I haven't seen it yet but Im sure your going to get holiness folk that will say your going to hell for seeing it. Not to mention your own conscience might bother you and the devil himself!

2009/2/6 3:17
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

haven't seen the movie. You our not going to hell if you see it but i would agree that God may convict you to stop watching it like he has done with me to stop watching the majority of cable television and hollywood movies. Like the movies tropic thunder, old school and apocalypto for an example i was convicted by God to not watch them no more because of the language and goaring seens and sick jokes but i also myself am offended by it. One thing i would say that movies and television our a big waste of time if you do it to much watching because your knowledge does not increase much and they make you very lazy and with secular movies they fill you with terrible language, jokes at our faith, sex, sick jokes and no spiritual growth, i prefer christian documentaries instead, christian movies our o.k but still movies our just acting, they our not real and i hope we don't take them to be real.

2009/2/6 3:57Profile
5nva

Re: ?about a movie

I've seen the movie. I'm not sure why you would be asking about it on this forum though. There is no bad language or sensual content in the movie so it is a safe movie to watch when you are concerned about those things, which we should be.

I agree with the comments about not watching those movies listed because they are filthy. What I do for my family is find out the content before I watch a movie. I go to screenit.com or kidsinmind.com and you can determine very quickly if you want to watch a movie.

I also use clear play which allows me to filter almost any content that I want on the clear play dvd player. You can find out about that at clearplay.com.

Mike

2009/2/6 7:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
...Im sure your going to get holiness folk that will say your going to hell for seeing it.

What is this? When has anyone on this forum ever said that anyone was going to hell for anything other than not being born again?

And I have another question... why are you [i][u]not[/u][/i] one of the "holiness" folk? Scripture calls us all to be "holiness" folk.

Your youth is showing again, my brother.

Krispy

2009/2/6 8:55
MaryJane

Re:

Hi
Sorry if my question offended anyone, that was not my intention. I asked about this movie because it was shared with me that it was a clean movie, (no language, inappropriate content, or graphic violence) The sister who spoke about this movie said that she watched it with her teenage son who has had no interest in the Lord until he saw this movie. She said that there are several scenes when the characters are left in complete darkness anxiously waiting for the lights to come back on. She described how fearful they all are until there is light again. After watching the movie her son seemed really troubled and she said she thought she had made a mistake in allowing him to watch it, but instead he began asking her questions. He wanted to know if the kind of darkness that was portrayed in the movie was what it would be like in Hell. She told him yes but a thousand times worse because there would be no hope of the light ever coming back. That all that was good and all that was of God would be completely gone so all that would remain is utter darkness and suffering for an eternity. Since watching the movie she said he is asking more and more questions and reading his Bible with her and on his own. He is also listening to Paul Washers teachings on his Ipod.

I am not saying that everyone should watch this movie or even if I will or not. I was just asking because I was simply wondering what others thought of it. Again sorry if this was a problem for anyone...

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/2/6 11:34Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

no problem at all, i just went on about something that bothered me myself about the world. I personally think that most hollywood movies our bad news, but i really have no clue about it so check it out, if the lord draws you away then he draws you or whoever away. Everything is cool you did nothing offensive at all, your coolwith me.

2009/2/6 13:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy