SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Article on President Bush

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Let God pick the rulers. Let us discern between good and evil. Let us give to Caesar what is Caesar's, knowing the son's of the king do not pay, and let us give to God what is God's.

What does God require? We must love Him with all our strength, mind, soul, and heart. It seems to me if we do this we won't have time, or the desire for this land. We will look to the heavenly country. We will preach the Gospel with the hope that some may become fellow heirs.

Why do we want to go back to Egypt?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/8/3 15:57Profile
Rahman

Re:

i'm just happy for the scripture below, and the fact that God's plan is not contingent on what we believe to do, or believe not to do ... As with anything i settle in on God's Word as the last word, so will end my thought on this thread with ...

Rom.14
[1] Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. [2] For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
[3] Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. [5] One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. [6] He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. [7] For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. [8] For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

So what this scripture says to me is if a saint votes, and he votes as regardeth unto the Lord, it's all good ... and if a saint doesn't vote, and he doesn't vote as regardeth unto the Lord, it's all good ... Either way a fellow saint chooses, as long as it's his regarding as unto the Lord, I ain't mad, and certainly won't judge, and certainly will continue on in love for one another.

2004/8/3 16:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The condition of our government should not surprise us because we already acknowledge the compromise of the truth within our church. Only a revival brought about by God in His church can change the course of this nation.

Brother Jeff I cannot agree with you more ;-) We need this plastered on every pulpit for a month so it can sink in to our spirits. The owness is on us 'the Church' when watching this video: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4224]The Power of Prayer (video) by Keith Daniel[/url] I cannot but sense the same message being given that the responsibility is for the church to engage in spiritual warfare against the devil and be the church. [b]Let us get to warfare on our knees and win our nations back to God[/b].

2004/8/3 18:52Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I was just looking abit at some books on prayer and saw this quote in the book: Prayer the mightest force in the world by Frank C. Laubach

"Most of us can never enter the White House and offer advice to the President. Probably he will never have time to read our letters. But we can give him what is far more important than advice. We can give him a lift into the presence of God, make him hungry for divine wisdom, which is the grandest thing one man ever does for another. We can visit the White House with prayer as [i]many times a day[/i] as we think of it, and every such visit makes us a channel between God and the President."

2004/8/3 20:00Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Let God pick the rulers. Let us discern between good and evil. Let us give to Caesar what is Caesar's, knowing the son's of the king do not pay, and let us give to God what is God's.

What does God require? We must love Him with all our strength, mind, soul, and heart. It seems to me if we do this we won't have time, or the desire for this land. We will look to the heavenly country. We will preach the Gospel with the hope that some may become fellow heirs.

Why do we want to go back to Egypt?

In Christ
Jeff

Amen Jeff,

This is really none of my business (being that I'm Australia), but don't forget that God (not the devil) is planning for the antichrist to rule the earth. He set Nebuchanezzar over the nation of Judah. God gets more glory from us serving Him under an unjust ruler, than a godly one.

When our Australian elections come, I'll do what I always do, ask Him who he He wants to be in power. He'll give us who we need.

2004/8/4 1:38Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re:

Here in NZ, the country is run by a woman who, while in government, has legalised prostitution and soon it seems there will be an alternative for gays who want to get married called a 'Civil Union'.

So let me just say this, if there was a man running for president in my country, who started off each day on his knees in prayer, and studying the Bible, I think I'd be voting for that man. ;-)

Should a Christian vote?
Yes, we are to make Jesus, Lord of all areas of our life, which I believe includes elections.

Who should we vote for?
Seeing as it says in Romans 13:1, [i]"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves."[/i] I believe we should vote for the person we believe will run the country according to Biblical principles.

"The White House is never going to run the country." - Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/4 1:49Profile
Rahman

Re:

My previous post by my own determination was to be my final word on this thread, but i am compelled ... in Christ i guess it's better to never say never ...

i thought, and prayed a whole lot about this topic last night, and this little story came to me this morning ...

There once was a servant whose Master gave him a rather sizable choice loin of pork to cure, and a big bag of sea salt in which to preserve it with ... The servant knew that in order to preserve his Masters provision he would have to take his time and apply that salt very carefully, and to every area of the meat, lest decay should find the smallest unapplied site and set in ... Well the servant at first vigorously set about his task, and began salting the meat daily, but only on one side, the side that mattered most to him, then eventually the servant just ceased to salt the Masters provision at all ... Lo and behold one day the servant noticed a foul odor coming from the meat ... The side he had salted looked pretty good but horror upon horrors when he flipped over the meat the side he had neglected was rancid, and full of foul writhing maggots ... What to do? ... Surely his Master would require an accounting for his neglect, so the servant began to vigorously rubbing salt into the spoiled side of the meat, but no matter how hard, and how much salt he applied, the meat continued to decay, and soon the servant determined it was to late ... In his total disgust the servant began to berate the meat, it was the meats fault that it had gone bad ... And with that rationalization the servant determined that when it came time for his giving an accounting to his Master he would say to Him, "Master I salted all that I thought I should, but somehow decomposition set in anyway" ... But secretly what he wanted to say was, "Master if you wanted the loin preserved correctly, you should have done it yourself" ...

The above scenario reminds me of mature Christians in the 60's who sat idly by while the blow flies and maggots of satan worked their foul decay on our American society thru our governmental courts, by legislating God right on out of our public lives first, then out of our private lives by the trickle down method ... The salt of Christianity wasn't for application in politics, government and/or the voting booth ... It wasn't until the 80's that Christianity began smelling a foul odor, and via the likes of Jerry Falwell and the moral majority, began the attemtps of applying "the salt of the earth" to what was already 20 years rank ... So now here it is 40 something odd years later and the Masters servant has just given up, "Master I'm salting all that I think I should, but somehow the decomposition just wont go away, I can do nothing more, it's to late" ...

Perhaps you saints who are anti voting are right, for by now it surely seems that even the salt has lost it's savor, but somehow i just can't seem to stop rubbing it in to all areas of this life, even into what appears to be dead meat, because i believe in resurrection, tho it may be three days dead, and stinketh ...

Lord revive your servant, your Church, it's salt, and resurrect ALL that is dead ... In Jesus precious name ... Amen

2004/8/4 10:10Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Rahman wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps you saints who are anti voting are right, for by now it surely seems that even the salt has lost it's savor, but somehow i just can't seem to stop rubbing it in to all areas of this life, even into what appears to be dead meat, because i believe in resurrection, tho it may be three days dead, and stinketh

I have seen examples of the church being turned into a social welfare service system. I have recently seen people living in third world poverty. I have met brothers and sisters in Christ who live in third world poverty. They are lacking in the things of this world. They are surrounded by the works of Satan. Yet, they reign in Christ. Their joy comes from our Savior.

So the way I see it, Christ is everything to them who seek Him. Christ is the only solution to man's problems. Secular society,(the world), cannot understand this. The laws of God condemn the world. They see Christ's ways as foolishness. We Christians may work and work and work to try to make the world adhere to the precepts and ordinances of God, yet unless they know Christ, they remain with Hagar. Pragmatism and compromise will reign in their lives. The only solution I see is to sow and water, and pray that God gives the increase.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/8/4 12:12Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jeff you posted:

--- The only solution I see is to sow and water, and pray that God gives the increase. ---

Amen my brother, and let us also pray to God that we "sow and water" much better than we "salt" ... Amen

2004/8/4 12:45Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

the topic of God's will is an interesting one indeed. Who knows the mind of God?What is GOd's will? I have heard it explained as follows, there is God's perfect will and His permissive will. Perfect will being what He originally wanted and permissive being what He allows in order to make a point or teach a lesson. Now some would argue george bush's election (or lack thereof depending on your view) is God's perfect will whilst others would say it is His permissive will at work. God does not want to see us suffer or watch us make foolish decisions but if He sees it necessary in order for Him to get through to us, that's what He'll work with. If we have become so fargone as a nation that we would allow someone into office who holds views that contradict the foundations of this nation that then we need to reassess ourselves. When God allowed the Isralites to have a king like their neighbours, he had already told them that He was their king and they had no need of one. He gave them their wish although it was not what He wanted originally so that they could see the futility of such things, being ruled by a man who is a product of his sinful environment only perpetuates the problem. If we as a people were to do what God wants us to do more often, we would become a Godly people and our leaders would be as such.

sometimes God's will does not agree with our own, that's why we are to seek God's will always to see us through each day. Perhaps it is God's perfect will for Bush to be in office, maybe it is His permissive will but nonetheless ALL things work for the God of He that loves the Lord. We should take comfort in that.

2004/8/4 16:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy