SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Signs and Wonders :)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Signs and Wonders :)

It was getting late, and as I neared my destination I realized that I was getting hungry. It had been three days since I had a hot meal and fresh fish at Red Lobster came to mind. I said, under my breath, "O Lord, Red Lobster would be nice."

Having never been on this particular road before, the possibility of finding a Red Lobster seemed somewhat remote and I was tempted to eat some of the food that I had with me in the ice chest when suddenly a highway sign appeared before me stating that a particular city was 111 miles away. I pondered the three ones.

Then I realized that maybe I was being a little too specific with the Lord about where I would like to eat and I said "Lord, whatever you want to feed me would be fine - but a hot meal would be really nice."

As my hunger increased, I was again tempted to reach into the ice chest, when I noticed another sign with 111 on it (an exit sign I think) - once again I pondered the three ones, this time reflecting on the fact that they appeared as columns.

More miles rolled by, with no sign of hot food in sight. Again as I thought of the food in the ice chest, there appeared in my headlights a mile marker with a 111 on it. At this point I was fairly sure that the Lord was trying to tell me something, but when two more mile markers with 111 in them went by (they were some kind of special markers showing an alternate route) I was certain of it.

As I came into the city, there was a sea of signs and lights. I looked, and I looked - and there it was - a tiny Red Lobster sign amongst all the confusion. Incredibly there was no traffic around me, and I was able to cross over three lanes to make the exit.

Oh, how I praised the Lord as I ate my fish. Glorying in the fact that He cared enough to provide me with my hearts delight. Then it occurred to me, the three 1s - The exit I had taken was 3A. As I pondered this further, I remembered that I had told Him that anywhere He wanted me to eat would be fine - and I had not even bothered to ask Him if this was the right place. When I looked up, there before my eyes was a poster that read "You've Come to the Right Place."

Oh Lord, forgive Thou mine unbelief.

2009/2/4 14:12Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re: Signs and Wonders :)

This made me smile.

2009/2/4 15:14Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Oh how He delights my soul.

2009/2/4 15:15Profile

Re: Signs and Wonders :)

"You've Come to the Right Place." :)

So you ate the lobster with an even bigger smile!
Thanks for that, HeartSong, it made me smile also! :)

2009/2/4 15:20
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
"You've Come to the Right Place." :)

So you ate the lobster with an even bigger smile!

Yes, it brought about a whole new flurry of praise.

Sometimes it is hard to keep from yelling these things out loud.

:-)

2009/2/4 15:36Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello, What is the significance of the 'ice chest' and of it being behind you?

white stone

2009/2/4 17:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
What is the significance of the 'ice chest' and of it being behind you?

Hi white stone,

There is no special significance that I know of - I have the ice chest sitting behind me in my vehicle so that I can reach into it while I am driving. That way I don't have to stop to get something out of it.

The reason that I talked of it was that every time I thought of helping myself, the Lord put something before me to stop me from doing so.

2009/2/4 20:31Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
The reason that I talked of it was that every time I thought of helping myself, the Lord put something before me to stop me from doing so.

Thanks, with that reference, it makes sense to me.

white stone

2009/2/4 21:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy