Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Book on Evangelism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

New Book on Evangelism

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hr8RNtcZL._SS500_.jpg

This booklet proves once and for all that confrontational evangelism is the predominant model of evangelism in the New Testament. It is written for pastors, missionaries, evangelists and believers who are passionate for evangelism and for those who are not yet convinced. May the Lord use it to raise up laborers for the harvest.

"Jon Speed has done a wonderful job of showing exactly what it means to fulfill the Great Commission. Evangelism in the New Testament will be a great source of encouragement to those who want to do what Jesus commanded us to do--to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

[b]--Ray Comfort, Living Waters Publications[/b]

"You put into definitive terms what the majority of my personal beliefs are regarding the discussed topic. Your use of pie graphs are, I believe, a great demonstrative tool in emphasizing the statistics. These sorts of tools are quite necessary when presenting a topic of this nature to a potentially disagreeable audience. It could easily be argued that this should be mandatory reading for all pastors, elders and deacons."

[b]--John Legg, Way of the Master Australia & Holy Epidemic [/b]

"I don't know how you could more clearly state the need for us as Christians to be involved in evangelism unless you took a 2x4 and hit us over the head with it!"

[b]--Mark Mews (Flagstaff, AZ)[/b]

Retail: $9.99 (through Amazon.com) http://tinyurl.com/bca4o7

[b][u]Special Discount Price: $7.00[/u][/b] (through One Million Tracts)
http://shop.onemilliontracts.com/product.sc?categoryId=16&productId=105

Blessings,

Jon

2009/2/4 10:13Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re: New Book on Evangelism

Read Tony Miano's review of the book here:

http://thelawmanchronicles.blogspot.com/2009/02/evangelism-in-new-testament.html

Jon

2009/2/26 19:27Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

confrontational evangelism

Please, explain to me why I should have to pay for a book when God provides the Bible for me?

I always felt this was an excellent model -

Quote:
1 Peter 3:15 Be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. . .

If they can see you composed in trials they will want to know HOW you can do so.

white stone

2009/2/26 20:01Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re: confrontational evangelism

If money's an issue, I'll send you one for free.

If you can't learn anything from anyone else, then I guess I can't remedy that.

Best,

Jon

2009/2/27 15:31Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

confrontational evangelism, proof, please

Lawevangelis,

Forgive me for being confrontational but your statement struck me as un-scriptural. I do not recall anywhere being called to walk up to strangers on the street and confront them. In my mind confront=challange and that does not 'feel right.' Perhaps you could give me a synopsis, or some scripture references which may put my heart at ease about the term and how you may implement it.

I am not opposed to learning but you will find I feel most secure on the old paths.

I appreciate your offer to send the book but would like to know more before accepting.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/27 17:15Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re: confrontational evangelism, proof, please

white stone,

The proof is in the examples of evangelism that we have in the New Testament (Gospels and Acts). In the Gospels, of all of the examples of evangelism we have, 86.5% are confrontational. In other words, they are done with people who are not known to the "evangelist." Of the 13.5% which are relational, most of these were a direct result of public ministry (e.g. Zaccheus).

In Acts, 83% are confrontational. In Acts, of the ones that are not confrontational, they would be better described as intense Bible studies rather than the typical "come over for a barbeque and a beer" approach advocated by most who promote friendship evangelism.

The Great Commission in and of itself implies confrontational evangelism. You cannot go and preach the Gospel to every creature (Mk. 16:15) if you are going to limit your contacts to people you know. The same is true of the "every nation" part of Matthew 28:19-20.

You cannot get onto a more secure "old path" than what I am suggesting in this booklet. In it, I quote Charles Spurgeon, George Whitefield, Thomas Boston, A.B. Bruce and many others. Confrontational evangelism has always been the model throughout church history; only recently (the last 100 years or so) have people shied away from it.

Blessings,

Jon

2009/2/27 18:04Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thank you for your reply and explanation. I will give this some thought and prayer and get back to you. I will say, still, I have misgivings about this approach, just can't put my finger on what it is that bothers me.

I do not think Jesus was confrontational when he asked the Samaritan woman for water and then spoke to her. He was occasioned an opening to speak with her, by His Father, He did not get in her face and confront her.

I will wait for God before saying further.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/27 18:33Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re:

One more thought on this. When I use the term "confrontational", I'm using the term that has been used in the genre to describe evangelism with strangers. It shouldn't be read "rude." Jesus was not rude with the Samaritan woman, but he did "confront" her with her sin.

The friendship evangelism camp says that we need to spend much time establishing friendships and "earning the right" to share the Gospel. This concept is patently unbiblical based on the Biblical examples of evangelism we actually have in the New Testament.

Blessings,

Jon

2009/2/28 8:34Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

the problem I have is with the word

Hello Jon,

Why didn't you say this earlier?

Quote:
[b][color=0033FF]When I use the term "confrontational", I'm using the term that has been used in the genre to describe evangelism with strangers. It shouldn't be read "rude."[/color][/b]

It makes it a whole different ballgame. [b]Yes, I would like to read your pamphlet[/b]. I will PM you to gladly accept your offer. :-)

I do not belong to any special 'camp.' I believe in speaking out about our Lord Jesus to those God places in my path.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/28 10:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy