SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Rap - Cross Movement Records

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Paul Washer is mentioned by FLAME on the album "Rewind". The song was titled "Give us the Truth Pt. 2"

Yea, here's the lyrics of that part of the song:

[i]But it was obvious/ God in His providence/ put me with people to guide me and got me out of this/ during a chapel service [b]a cat name Paul Washer[/b]/ preach the gospel and drove me onto the Lord’s altar/ and I confess my sin/ and He pressed reset again/ I started over/ and felt like a soldier for Jehovah[/i]

A "cat" named Paul Washer... I love it. lol

Isn't it Paul Washer preaching on the next song called The Godhead on that CD?

Krispy

2009/2/3 15:22
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

One of my favorite shai linne lines...

[i]"The holy Jehovah clothed with skin, broke in, atoned for sin, then rose again/so odious rodents and homeless roaches can approach his throne and draw closer to Him, and won't be condemned!/ so we magnify the Lamb slain! we're debtors called to spread His cause without an advertisting campaign."[/i]

or...

[i]"our musics inspirational... we inspire you to repent!"[/i]

or...

[i]"we keep it grass roots, and only rep for the Lord/cause I don't wanna dwell in Hell clutchin a Stellar award"[/i]

2009/2/3 16:31Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

some guys from my church approched me with so shai linne rap music cd about a year ago, i want to throw it in the trash, but after i heard it,, it was great.. I had to take back all the nasty things i thought about Christian Rap...

peace out
andy

2009/2/3 18:36Profile
SonofMan

Re:

thx Krispy for the compassion, i really do appreciate it bro. I realize that Paul Washer might be in support of these guys and thats great, but Im not, i support Brother Paul by far and his messages are awesome, and i even support my christian brothers in Christian hip hop, as far as their preaching and teaching is concerned, but we can see the fruit of rap in the culture and it is seen by all as entertainment. Too many people are dying and have died for the sincerity and seriousness of the cross for modern america to keep "re-thinking" of new ways not to offend people with the gospel. Preaching must remain preaching. drama skits, modern music and social sciences will never be able to replace the supernatural power of God in the preaching of the gospel. It might sound like foolishness, but isnt that what God uses?

Its the womb of the thing that makes it evil, and the womb that hip-hop was birthed out of was one of seduction...i mean really, its the beat that really makes hip hop well...hip hop...thats why its so amusing to hear Christian lyrics overtop of it...but its not ministry, its entertaining to the flesh when it comes down to it. Preaching has always been preaching and will never go away... pulpits will fade away, church buildings will fade away, hip hop will just be another trend 40 years from now like racing jackets were a trend 10 years ago. This is my point, Christian hip hop will always have to be conformed to the world in order to succeed...therefore it will always be changing, it always has changed and it will always change...Preaching the true message of the gospel doesent change, thats why I can read puritan sermons and fall on my face in tears, thats why i can read the ageless words of our Lord jesus and become regenerated 2000 years later. How many more Christian trends will this country come up with...its cross movement today,it was Gospel Gangstaz yesterday, itll be something else tomorrow.

Im not familiar with brother Keith Green, but im sure he was a blessed brother, sorry to hear about his early death. I cant compare him to CM because i never heard of him, but i have been observing CM forever, i actually interviewed the guys when they came to my church, we talked and everything...but they are grown men with zeal for God, knowledge in theology , educated and all and they are wrapped in the trends of todays ever changing fashions...expensive ones at that. I love them, but i dont want my son to be walking around in Jordans and a fitted Yankee when he is pushing 40 years of age. You get looked at funny by kids in the mall...lol..
These men credit their styles to secular artists, and then just mix them with the word...i dont think thats right. These rappers are men who have had encounters with Christ, yet like the rich youn ruler refuse to let go of what they value most, and in this case its the Hip Hop culture. I dont want to be writing on here forever but these are once again my thoughts and im definitely not trying to set up some debate like thing..we are all Christian brothers when it comes to it and we must all glorify God and encourage each other in the word and its true context. God bless you and your family bro.

2009/2/3 19:53Profile
simonb

Estonia

Re:

Thanks roaring lamb for your suggestions of two cd (i can imagine it hard just to pick two!!!)
BUt does anyone else have any suggestions of what they think are the two best rap/hip hop cd's for me to buy for use in our youth work:
Maybe one for lyrics(i already pretty much convinced that shai linne seems the best for those)
and one for just good hard beats etc
thanks all much appreciated

2009/2/4 1:35Profile
savannah

Re: Sacrilege

When Christ was nailed to the cursed-tree
My sins were laid on His body there
In Him I suffered the just penalty
So never shall God’s fury bear.

When Christ was buried in the tomb
My sins were buried with Him there
Death, its Victim did consume
My sins, I’ll never have to bear.

When Christ arose from Death’s dread home
My sins were gone! Not one was there!
Sinless like Him I’m seen from God’s throne
And in His righteousness I share.

When Christ ascended to His throne
My soul was seated with Him there
Praise be to Him! God’s glorious Son
All glory be to Him for e’er.

Surely as Christ’s in heaven now
I will arise to be with Him there
I’ll see His face; my knee shall bow
And I shall all His likeness wear!

(Tune: “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”)

"The Holy Scripture is the only rule of faith and practice. The true Christian was intended by Christ to prove all things by the Word of God, all churches, all ministers, all teaching, all preaching, all doctrines, all sermons, all writings, all opinions, all practices. These are his marching orders. Prove all by the Word of God; measure all by the measure of the Bible; compare all with the standard of the Bible; weigh all in the balances of the Bible; examine all by the light of the Bible; test all in the crucible of the Bible. That which can abide the fire of the Bible- receive, hold, believe, and obey. That which cannot abide the fire of the Bible- reject, refuse, repudiate, and cast away." - Wycliffe

These artists are guilty of sacrilege.

Sacrilege is the violation or injurious treatment of a sacred object. In a less proper sense, any transgression against the virtue of religion would be a sacrilege. It can come in the form of irreverence to sacred persons, places, and things. When the sacrilegious offense is verbal, it is called blasphemy. The term originates from the Latin sacer, sacred, and legere, to steal, as in Roman times it referred to the plundering of temples and graves. By the time of Cicero, sacrilege had adopted a more expansive meaning, including verbal offenses against religion and undignified treatment of sacred objects.

Sacrilege Synonyms

profanation, desecration, blasphemy, impiety, curse, violation.

Sacrilege implies a violation of something sacred, as by appropriating to oneself or to a secular use something that has been dedicated to a religious purpose; profanation suggests a lack of reverence or a positive contempt for things regarded as sacred; desecration implies a removal of the sacredness of some object or place, as by defiling or polluting it.

In the words of one missionary regarding the subject of this thread,

"Listen! Despite what your opinion is on this matter; despite what you think about “Christian” rap music, whether it is right or wrong, I am now going to state my final point which will settle this whole debate once for all. My final and concluding point is that regardless of what you think about it, it is an offense to other Christian brothers and sisters and a stumbling block to many in the world...O my dear Christian rapper, or rap fan: How long will you offend your brothers in Christ and set stumbling blocks before the wicked? This is a question you must answer, and a question to which you will most certainly be held accountable to on Judgment Day."

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

May we not corrupt the Word of God, nor be a voice of mixture regarding the purity of the genuine gospel message, but rather obediently preach the Word as commanded.

May God be glorified thereby.

2009/2/4 2:33Profile
simonb

Estonia

Re:

just like to bring this back to the front pageto see if any one else got any suggestionsof which cds

2009/2/4 15:32Profile

Re:

Savannah... I think many people's problem with differeing styles of music has more to do with personal taste than with true Holy Spirit conviction.

[b]You[/b] may not understand how someone can honor God thru rap music, or contemporary music... while to others, it's perfectly normal.

There is much to be said about not being a stumbling block, or cause of offense, to the brethren. I understand that. But there are so many goats among the sheep in the American church... I dont mind offending a few goats now and then.

But you are correct, we should never cause the sheep to stumble.

Just make sure you're not against it because you dont like the style. Many who come against contemporary styles of music get really bothered when I point out the wicked and wretched lifestyles of their favorite Southern Gospel artiest.

I'll take the rappers at CMR over 99% of Southern Gospel singers anyday... and I dont even like rap.

Krispy

2009/2/4 17:06

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

I'll take the rappers at CMR over 99% of Southern Gospel singers anyday... and I dont even like rap.

Krispy

This is divisive.

2009/2/4 17:35

Sonofman

you asked:

Quote:
Many disagree with my opinion, but find in the Bible anywhere where Jesus, abraham, Isaiah ,Paul or anyone used a cultural trend to evangelize?

parables.

2009/2/4 19:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy