Discussion Forum : General Topics : So any thoughts??? about this dream

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
wayneman

Michigan

Re: dream interpretation

Hi wind_blows,

At the risk of leading this thread off on a rabbit trail, let me offer an interpretation: The nine-year-old child represents your spiritual life--Christ in you, the hope of glory. You are not a spiritual giant quite yet, but nor are you a babe in Christ. You have eyes to see. The spiritual equivalent of abortion is something that prevents the New Birth from happening; something that terminates the spiritual "pre-natal" process that leads us to repentance and salvation. I have been saying for years that the modern evangelistic method is a form of spiritual abortion. A sinner who has been awakened and convicted of sin goes to church or an evangelistic rally where he/she will almost invariably encounter someone who reads them the Four Spiritual Laws, or leads them down Romans Road, has them recite the sinner's prayer, pronounces them "saved" and sends them on their way. Then they go home trying to feel saved. They soon realize that nothing has happened; they are no different. So they either continue in their sins confident that they are going to heaven because they prayed the sinner's prayer, or they walk away from the whole thing saying, "I tried Christianity, it didn't work for me."

The Billy Graham Crusade did a follow-up study of a thousand converts who had come forward and gotten saved at his evangelistic rallies, and found that after one year only one percent of them were "active in the local church and showing signs of regeneration." So Dr. Graham developed a follow-up program in which new converts were planted in a local church, sent to discipleship classes and assigned a "sponsor." Once the discipleship program was in place they did another survey and found exactly the same success rate: one percent.

The patients with I.V.'s believed they were receiving life-giving fluid, but in fact were having life taken from them.

All this may have no application to you, but that's the way I would interpret it if it were my dream.

2009/2/2 8:16Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

Sister, the Lord will always reveal His intentions as you are ready to receive them. Continue seeking Him and, the hardest thing for me, wait on the Lord.

God's blessings.

2009/2/2 8:20Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Hi Wind Blows,

I've had two very similar dreams. I don't like your dream at all, it's so similar to mine...it's scary. In one, I was being forced to have an abortion. I remember my response being the same as yours. I wouldn't have it no matter what. I knew it would cost me my life if I didn't cooperate. My dream wasn't as detailed as yours, but I remember being in a facility and being forced totaly against my will to submit to this "abortion." I remember fighting with everthing within me, but they overcame me and took my into a room with a table to perform the abortion. I woke up right after that.

In the second dream, I was in a similar facility and these people had totally overtaken me and I knew they were going to kill me. I had all but given up, when I just started saying "They overcame by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of their testimony." I said it over and over again. When I said it, it was like my eyes were opened and I relized that these "people" had no powere over me. The people had acutally became afraid by the truth of what I was saying and they seemed to lose their strength as I had gained strength from the words coming from my mouth.

I think your dream represents the state of much of the church. The enemy is after the Life of Christ that is within us. Many are totally unaware that this life is being taken from them and they are half dead already!! Some have even submitted to this "abortion" because they thought it would be easier than the fight in the days ahead. This Life within us may cost us everything, even our physical life on earth, but the enemy knows this Life has the power to defeat his army and his lies!! I'm trembling as I write these words. I also know that I'm not ready, but what other choice do we have.

edit. I believe the boy represents the next generation of believers coming behind us.

2009/2/2 9:51Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey
Thanks for your replies I am grateful. Not sure what Father has for me in all of this but I am going to be praying about what you all shared here.

In Him
Ebeth

2009/2/2 17:45Profile
wind_blows

Re:

I know that this was just a dream and no one can give me a definitive answer but right now I feel so confused, is it possible that I am allowing myself to be deceived? I say I love the Lord and I want to walk with Him, but then there are times that all my words sound so empty to me. I still struggle at times with some of the same sin that I struggled with when I first came to know the Lord. There is so much of me that is not of Him and I know I fall so very short. Why if I love Him, truly love Him then why do I do these things? Why do I allow myself to get distracted and caught up in the things of this world instead of being about His kingdom?

I know that no one can answer this for me but if you feel led please pray for me.

2009/2/3 1:13Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello wind_blows,

When you feel this way, read Romans 7

Quote:
14: For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15: For that which I do I allow not: [b]for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I[/b]. . . . 18: For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: [b]for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19: For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do[/b]. . . . 25: I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. [b]So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.[/b]

Seeing that the Apostle Paul had the exact same feelings as you (and all of us) that should make you feel better.

Solomon said Eccl:1:9: The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and [b]there is no new thing under the sun[/b]. It seems to say, to me, that what ever we may be feeling or going through is the same thing someone else has gone through before. Of course, for us, it feels as if it is new, because we have never been there before.

Do not lose faith. Not every day is filled with sunshine but be patient, it will come. The sun is always there, you just can not always see it. It is the same with God. He has promised to never leave us. As long as you are trying as much as you can to do His will, even if you stumble, he sees you trying.

Sleep well,
white stone

2009/2/3 2:24Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

Sister, confusion is from our enemy. Wait on the Lord. He has never nor will ever forsake His own.

Wind Blows, when I was born again, God washed me clean from my filthiness and my idols. He gave me a new heart, and put His Spirit within me that I might walk in His ways and observe His laws. Am I still tempted to sin? Of course! That's the sinful flesh Paul describes. Do I have to sin? No! Because of my new heart, new spirit, and His Spirit within me, I am not a slave to the flesh any longer.

Do I live a perfect life? I wish! I fight my flesh daily. But if I sin, I ask forgiveness, and strive harder to live free of sin and please my Lord.

Sister, we're all praying for you. Our Lord will show you His Way. Just stand fast and wait on Him.

2009/2/3 21:02Profile
wind_blows

Re:

I wanted to come and say thank you again for all of you who shared with me. After a restless night last night and a good deal of my time spent in prayer Father is showing me some things about my life that do not reflect Him or His kingdom and I need to take a hard look at myself. I see now that there are areas of my heart that I have not surrendered completely to Him. In many ways I have allowed myself to wander off of the narrow path and chases after things that do not draw me closer to Him. I know that there are still many weeds in my heart that need to be plucked away, uprooted and burned in the fire so that He alone occupies my heart. I must be willing to submit unto Him in all things no matter. The words, “If you love me you will obey me.” mean so much more to me then before. I know that its time for me to stop trying to have it both ways, one foot in the world, one foot following Jesus. Jesus will never settle for a half hearted follower and I don't want to be one. My time, my possessions, my life, they are all His. Father has also shown me that if real persecution were to come my way I would not be ready, but I am hopeful and I trust that one day very soon I will be. He is doing a work in my life and He will see it through I have no doubts about that.

Thanks again for everyone's prayers and care. I am going to take a break for awhile from the Internet and spend more time in my Bible and just seek to be more about what Father has for me daily.

In Him
Elizabeth

2009/2/4 1:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy