SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Repentance preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Baylus Benjamin McKinney
(1886-1952) C. 1940

LORD LAY SOME SOUL UPON MY HEART

[b]Lord, lay some soul upon my heart,

And love that soul through me;

And may I ever do my part

To win that soul for Thee.[/b]

2009/2/5 7:01Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

PastorFrin,

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
Baylus Benjamin McKinney
(1886-1952) C. 1940

LORD LAY SOME SOUL UPON MY HEART

[b]Lord, lay some soul upon my heart,

And love that soul through me;

And may I ever do my part

To win that soul for Thee.[/b]

I think this poem speaks to the heart of what now drives my life. As I feel I have found God, I desire to help those who may be searching for Him. In addition, I enjoy conversing with others who have found Him; that part hopefully is a mutual stirring.

I take my posts very seriiously, and more so as time goes on. I see it, not as a substitute for our need to hear from God, but as I have said before, what I have heard from Him in secret, I proclaim in public. In some cases it is for the purpose of possibly winning some. In other cases it is for the building and strenghtening of the body - good fellowship.

I do hope and pray, and feel that I have even seen a change in this over the past couple of weeks, that we do become more tender and less antagonistic. That this becomes a place for ministry, as I have seen that it can be, more than a place where we can air our differences, although I know there will be some of that.

2009/2/5 7:51Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I appreciate the diversity within the Body of Christ. That God can use a many membered Body with different gifts and ministries. Each member has been given grace to build up, strengthen, and encourage the body under the headship of Jesus Christ.

The local church is not a one man ministry. The pastor has not been called to do it all. The Church is fulfilled and enriched when each member in the Body functions in a super natural - natural way.

The brothers and sisters on SI are a tremendous blessing, and as we all allow the Spirit of God to use us, and give out of that portion that He has given to us, the Body of Christ will be built up.

Mike

2009/2/5 9:12Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

As it seems this thread may have played itself out, I have to say that I have actually learned from the different opinions that have been expressed here.

I have also been encouraged by everyone's ability to share their differing opinions graciously.

2009/2/6 7:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy