Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Cape project

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

Cape project

To both SI members and Cape Girardeau area pastors and leaders,

We are in the process of developing a local version of SI. Where SI is committed to the propagation of the sermons and writings of primarily the 'old guys' for the purpose of 'revival' in the church throughout the world, I have felt led to develope a similar site in our area which will promote our area churches and the sermons and writings of the pastors that lead them, for the purpose of revival in the church that exists in our city.

Feel free to look in on our discussion, and feel free to comment if you like. I have been meeting with pastors individually and so far have gotten good initial responses. But as that takes a lot of time, I have decided to invite them, and other potential leaders of the new site, here for a hands on demonstration of the potential of what we are wanting to do.

Who knows, it may inspire others to do the same in their city. It will not compete with SI, in fact we will provide a link to SI.

We will have a similar forum. I like to think of it as a way to link those who have found God with those who are searching for Him. The intent in our area, is to provide a non threatening way for those who are searching for God to communicate with those who have found Him. As we hope to reach many that are outside the church, it will be an opportunity for people to see the flavor of a church, through the sermons and writings of our local pastors, and as a result posssibly be drawn to a particular church.

It is likely that many, especially the pastors, may choose to simply view this site and reply to me by email. That will be understandable. But I do hope, here for all to see, we can work through the positive and negative thoughts associated with the project.

As long as the moderators do not object to this, I ask that if SI members do comment, whether it is positive or negative, that it as least be presented constructively. No bashing please.

Mike Jones

2009/1/28 8:18Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: Cape project

One concern that has been raised is about how you go about keeping someone from dominating or taking over.

The answer is two fold. One is an initial agreement to which all must agree that sets the tone for all that the site is about. It is not for promotion of self or any particular church, denomination or set of beliefs.

Then to enforce that is the moderators of the site that will keep something like that from getting out of hand.

Another concern, along the same line, is the potential for bad. As there is the potential for bad, there is also tremendous potential for good. There is potential for bad in many of the things we do, but we do not let that potential bad keep us from the potential good. Again, moderators will help in this area.

2009/1/29 4:44Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

There have been several comments on the non threatening aspect of the forum, where people can come to share their thoughts and ask their questions.

Difficult to do in the real life setting of the physical church, the forum will be a place where likeminded people will be able to meet and converse.

2009/1/30 22:26Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

In a recent discussion with one of the potential site leaders (moderator), who has become familier with the SI forum, and in light of the fact that SI draws from all over the world, questioned whether or not the local site would have a good amount of activity drawing from approximately 100,000 people.

First of all, I believe we are seeing a stirring in the things of God. People who attend church hear the thoughts expressed by one person (the pastor) but have no good means of expressing their own - no good place to ask the questions that are on their mind.

People who do not attend church are having their thoughts shaped and questions answered by who knows what.

The forum aspect of this site will be a place where the common believer, and especially the searching non-believer, can come and share thier thoughts and ask their questions in an environment that is safe and godly.

Participating churches will be able to make their church members aware of the site. In addition, since the site is committed to promoting our area churches, we will be able to advertize locally, making the general public aware of the site.

The site will be a place where individuals can express themselves/ask their questions, among a group that has similar interests.

A final thought; as SI does draw from all over the world, and as I have expressed here in another thread, there is almost too much activity to keep track of. Less activity on the new site, will actually be a good thing.

2009/2/6 7:36Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Wow, you're in my back yard brother. I'm from Bonne Terre. You might check out www.glorifyinghim.com . Several brothers audio sermons from Fredericktown are on that site.

Blessings,
Jeremy Hulsey

2009/2/6 9:07Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Jeremy,

Good to hear from you. Got a PM from Alan & Dina Martin the other day; they are from Fredricktown. Do you know them? Maybe we could all hook up for lunch one day.

I looked at the site. Read Peter Schrock's testimony. I can relate to a part of his story. In light of the fact that we are supposed to seek God first, I have to admit for years, He was just in the mix of all the other things I sought. It is Christianity at its most miserable state.

Let's keep in touch and maybe get together. If you do know Alan & Dina, tell them I said hello.

All for now,

Mike

2009/2/7 6:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy