SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Can God speak to me through a broken leg?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
GoDcOmEdOwN

Can God speak to me through a broken leg?

I broke my leg today at the park. I went for the rebound and when i was coming down i landed on someones foot and i heard a pretty nasty crack.

next thing i know im wearing a cast and walking out the hospital with crutches. now here in my room with my foot elevated i cant find reason to complain. I know that God is just at everything that occurs due to the works of his Sovereignty. although it does not make things easier on me to have a fractured leg, neither does it seem like this is the right time for me to be going through this...

the thought came, myabe the lord is chastening me for some dealings with the flesh i had several weeks ago, and certain things i wasn't having dominion over in my life. this belief actually gives me great assurance of who i am in christ. It gives me purpose for having a broken foot. insane??

I think not.. can i not partake in his sufferings this way?

If their is some scripture you brothers can point out from bodily afflictions brought upon his saints, apart from The Apostle Paul and other common ones. I would greatly appreciate it.

pray that my foot would heal well to the glory of the lord.

much love if you have taken time to read my heart.

Jacob.

2009/1/24 23:50Profile
HeartSong

Re: Can God speak to me through a broken leg?

Hi Jacob,

It could also be that He just wants your undivided attention. I will pray for your foot.

2009/1/25 0:02Profile
GoDcOmEdOwN

Re:

Trying to get my attention can also be the cause,i agree.. oh how The Lord works.

Thank you for your prayer.

2009/1/25 0:07Profile

praying for sound knitting of bones.

forgive my presumption, but maybe God wanted to sit you down, so you could get intensive quality time in the Word.

does that sound crazy to you?....or does your spirit an heart confirm my query?

2009/1/25 0:09
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
can i not partake in his sufferings this way?

Unless you were witnessing and spreading the word and suffering for doing so I do not feel it can be counted as partaking of His sufferings. You were playing a game for your own satisfaction and entertainment.

Do not fear though
Quote:
[b][color=0000FF]Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.[/color][/b]

If you use the time you are 'home bound' to study His Word and search your heart and repent for your sins it will indeed become a life saving accident and one you will be glad ot have suffered.

Sorry for your pain but it will heal and then you will be stronger because of it.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/1/25 0:18Profile

Hey Jacob,

Im sorry to hear about your broken leg. It must have been very painful. It hurts me just think about a bone snapping in my body.

2009/1/25 1:03
GoDcOmEdOwN

Re:

No, i can sure see God wanting me more in the study of his word. Thats what ive been praying for actually. that god would make me a man of stud and prayer.

2009/1/25 1:20Profile

triple post?!

2009/1/25 3:29

triple post?!

2009/1/25 3:29

Jacob...

You have received encouragement and prayer. While I was reading your post Genesis 32 came to me and although you were not wrestling with God, maybe you will take the reverse approach of getting down and serious with our Lord since you already have a limp...

I then noticed your name was Jacob, so it became more fitting, although I am sure you feel it to be not so comforting at the moment.

In His presence you will be comforted.

Blessings,
BrianMira

P.S. Basketball is my favorite sport to play, but I have noticed that growth often times includes sacrifice.

2009/1/25 3:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy