SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rick Warren Prayer At Inauguration (video)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

Rick Warren Prayer At Inauguration (video)

I just am watching this now for the first time:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ3i9Uu1PJg

2009/1/24 13:49Profile
repentcanada

Re: Rick Warren Prayer At Inauguration (video)

Quote from Rik Warren - "Dr. King and a Great Cloud of Witnesses are shouting in heaven" over America's first African-American president.

2009/1/24 13:56Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

The blind leading the blind. I have not listened to, nor will I listen to, a so-called prayer, made to some God other than mine. My God abhors child sacrifice for one thing.

I have respect for the Office of the President and pray for all our appointed officials, but this impostor is not the President.

white stone

2009/1/24 14:43Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re:

white stone,

i can understand your irritation with the present situation and the state of our country, but do not forget two things. 1.) God is still sovereign over all and 2.) we are to submit to the authority of our government for God has ordained all those who are in leadership above us.

i understand that if leaders act contrary to God and his attributes, then we are to heed God first and man second. i can not tell you what to do, but i would encourage you to consider your anger and hate.

Quote:
I have respect for the Office of the President and pray for all our appointed officials

do you do this with hate in your heart?

i do not want to turn this into a political debate, nor make this into something it is not, but as a brother, i want to caution you.

btw, i am neither a republican or democrat.

2009/1/24 23:14Profile

Re:

I don't agree with everything that Rick Warren stands for, but that was a good prayer given at the inauguration.

2009/1/24 23:27
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
i can not tell you what to do, but i would encourage you to consider your anger and hate.

You are right to correct me. I have a difficult time with this. He did not come in without God allowing it. I should tattoo my favorite verses on the backs of my hands.

Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Please, pray for me on this matter, I am having a difficult time. With my heart, I know it has to be this way, or is it with my head? See, I just get it all confused. Our Constitution is trashed, there is no 'law of the land.' All the wrong values are lifted up and made into laws.

As long as I can not speak well of the current administration, I will do my best to not say anything, at least not here.

Your correction is appreciated and I will be giving it much thought and prayer. Thank you for speaking out to me,
white stone

2009/1/25 0:46Profile
graceamazed

Tennessee

Re:

White_Stone,

Thank you for your humility and willingness to receive a word of correction. I know many dear brothers and sisters in Lord that have allowed this political situation to become a real stumbling block for them. What started as disappointment has grown into hardness and rebellion in their hearts and has effected many other aspects of their life. They feel they're taking a stand for God with their attitudes, but the truth is, they are quickly stumbling from righteousness by a clever scheme of the enemy. Again, thanks for your example of humility and openness.

2009/1/25 7:47Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re:

Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend.

Excellent. I appreciate your heart and your abilibty to receive instruction. When I read fuehrerbe21's post I thought maybe you would defend your position with great gusto but I was refreshed when I read your responce. This is a microcosm of what the Church should be. We all have blind spots and we need our bretheren to help us to see more clearly as Aquila and Pricsilla did for Apollos. Grace, Grace to you.

2009/1/25 9:11Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Please, pray for me on this matter, I am having a difficult time. With my heart, I know it has to be this way, or is it with my head?

i can relate with you on this issue as well. i posted a thread a while back asking for prayer for my heart. i am still in need of prayer that God would break my heart of stone and give me a heart for His people and also for the lost. as i mentioned in the thread i posted, i generally dislike going in public simply because of the need to interact with the public in doing so. how can revival happen when i hate people and have no concern for the souls of man? in order for a revival to occur, a revival must first occur within me.

Quote:
Our Constitution is trashed

i agree with this. many politicians say it is outdated and no longer relevant. they say it was written for a specific period in time, but many of the articles no longer pertain to us. does this remind you of an even greater document? when i consider what our country has allowed in regards to the laws of men, my heart aches even worse when I consider what they have done with the word of God. Many say it is outdated and no longer relevant, but you and i both know this is not true.

I would encourage you to read Spiritual Authority by Watchman Nee. I think you will be blessed by this writing.

Like others, I commend your humility. I know I do not like to recieve a word of exhortation, but it is sometimes necessary. This is a great testimony to the Spirit working in you.

2009/1/25 15:02Profile
repentcanada

Re:

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/purpose-driven-madness/rick-warren-theres-blood-on-your-hands/

2009/1/26 19:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy