SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Learning Together, In His Love, According to His Word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Learning Together, In His Love, According to His Word

Learning Together, In His Love, According to His Word

Luke 1:38
……..”be it unto me according to thy word.”………..

Something that has amazed me for years is how easy it has become to compromise or simply do away with the truths of Gods word.

I have watched a steady decline in true worship, which I believe stems from a lack of bible study, prayer and fasting and a desire and willingness to know Jesus Christ no matter what the cost.

Today instead of accepting the instruction of Jesus Christ “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” (Luke 9:23) we hear, do what makes you feel good and you don’t have to be second to nobody.

Often when scripture is brought forth as a tool to guide us in the truth, there rises up an immediate outcry of legalism, with all sorts of examples and wild exaggerations of how it will ruin lives and drive people away from Jesus.

Let me ask how well the doctrine of ‘God is Love and He would never make anyone feel convicted or uncomfortable’ system working? Let’s see, 2% of professed believers actually know the Lord.
Seems not to well, and this may surprise you, but I do not believe we should make anyone feel convicted or uncomfortable as well, this is the ministry of the Holy Spirit, through believers preaching and teaching and living the word of God.

No, we shouldn’t use a heavy rod and we must always teach one another in love, but what we teach must be the whole truth and not a watered down compromise that allows apostasy to develop around every corner.

What is happening in the church today, is as soon as a truth is brought forth from the word of God, there occurs such an outcry from some, who may be crying out for what seems to be very good reasons, that instead of the Holy Spirit being given a chance to teach His Church the truth, He is quenched and the truth is silenced.

Will we ever learn from Gods word and love one another as He has loved us if this continues to happen? Is there not a place where we can agree that the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ are truth and from that premise bring our problems and our failures and our faults to the Lord in the light of His word?
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

You see, Gods word says it is possible for us to do this together, but there can be no “effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man” if it is not in line with the word of God.

If you listen to those around you, it will soon become evident that all the teachings of Jesus Christ are legalism to some, even though the words of Jesus teach us:
John 8:31-32
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; [32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Children of God are very similar to our own children; we teach them what is right and wrong, what they can touch and what they cannot touch and the reasons why. They are started out upon a solid foundation from which to grow upon. We love and show them the way, hopefully by example, we pray they will choose.

Though we come from a vast array of back grounds and degrees of maturity in the Lord, we all must be built upon that solid foundation or we will be washed away by the storms of apostasy sweeping over this world.

My Dear Bothers and Sisters in the Lord, that foundation, is our Lord Jesus Christ, He is our Rock, He is our Solid Foundation and He is The Word of Truth.

Jesus prayed to the Father:

John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

In His Love
pastorfrin :-)

2009/1/21 16:16Profile
MaryJane

Re: Learning Together, In His Love, According to His Word

Greetings Pastorfrin

Just really wanted to say thank you for posting this.

God Bless you
Maryjane

2009/1/21 16:26Profile
rbanks

Dear PastorFrin,

I am glad that you love the Lord and have been faithful to him. I appreciate your stand for the truth.

Just suppose though in your past before you got saved, you experince a divorce. Since this time you were saved, filled with the Holy Spirit and remarried to a good christian woman also blessed with wonderful children. Let's just say you had a calling on your life to do a work for the Lord. Now you join a fellowship with some people who really seem to love the Lord and they give you a study on divorce and remarrige. Now you love God and really want to do his will. Are you going to go home and tell your wife and children that you are going to have to divorce your wife whom you love and God has blessed with salvation also because this group said that you were living in adultery...because your first wife was still living. They also told you that nothing not even the blood of Jesus and his cross could free you from your past marriage.

Is this the kind of truth you believe...I sure do hope not. This kind of teaching only condemns people for their past sins and mistakes. I am for the truth but when you use truth to lead into error and teaches something not found in the true gospel then I'm against it wholeheatily. How can anyone with any spiritual understanding and compassion believe that teaching something that condemns christians because of their past sins (including marrriage/divorce)forgiven by God can be called promoting true revival is beyond anything I have ever heard in my life.

Blessings to you all!

2009/1/21 18:00Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings Pastorfrin

Just really wanted to say thank you for posting this.

God Bless you
Maryjane

Hi Maryjane,

Just wanted to say, you are very welcome.
Keep your trust in the Lord, He will never fail you or yours.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2009/1/21 18:42Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi rbanks,

I would really appreciate not discussing divorce and remarriage on this thread as one is currently going on the subject.
I will be glad to answer your concerns there.

If possible may we stay on topic.

Thank You

In His Love
pastorfrin

2009/1/21 18:49Profile

I just found this post by pastorfrin and was really blessed by it. Thank you, brother, for sharing this...you've aptly expressed the important balance of teaching the truth of the Scriptures in love without compromise.

Quote:

Let me ask how well the doctrine of ‘God is Love and He would never make anyone feel convicted or uncomfortable’ system working? Let’s see, 2% of professed believers actually know the Lord.
Seems not to well, and this may surprise you, but I do not believe we should make anyone feel convicted or uncomfortable as well, this is the ministry of the Holy Spirit, through believers preaching and teaching and living the word of God.

No, we shouldn’t use a heavy rod and we must always teach one another in love, but what we teach must be the whole truth and not a watered down compromise that allows apostasy to develop around every corner.

2009/2/23 13:13

Re:

Elsewhere, we're doing a complete study on Paul. His teachings, character and the whole of his ministry, from Acts to Titus. Brother Ravenhill, D.L. Moody and several others have written about Paul as well. Amazing Paul.

2009/2/24 2:14

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy