SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Fireproof: Best Married Life Now?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
int3grity

Re:

Let us be very careful that we do not find ourselves fighting against GOD by attacking HIS work through other believers.

Fireproof has a great Gospel presentation and seeks to heal Christian marriages. It was made by Saints who love GOD and who are orthodox in their faith. If they are not giving misinformation about salvation and GOD we shouldn't tear them down.

2009/1/21 17:00Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
But get this, when you consume someone else to build yourself up you are biting, devouring and consuming them.

I would take this thought even further and argue that we may just be biting and devouring Jesus. When we criticize others we must seek the ulterior motive in our own heart then our eyes will become aware of our own sin. If we don't do this we could be judging Jesus again, in our neighbor, just as the religious people of His day tore His reputation to shreds.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/1/21 19:47Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Ron's: If we don't do this we could be judging Jesus again, in our neighbor, just as the religious people of His day tore His reputation to shreds.

I agree Ron. I am perplexed by how many people need [i]encouraged[/i] in the faith these days. I made several calls yesterday to folk that are home bound and by the time I was through hearing their discouragement and frustrations I almost needed to get in a prayer line myself.

We simply can't afford to feed on each other. I believe we need to really focus on edifying folk. There are too many that are too weak to survive being discouraged by nonsense and unwarranted criticism.

2009/1/22 0:18Profile
micaiahsword

Re:

To all:

Its good to esteem the wife of your youth, to love her and appreciate her. There is no idolatry when God tells us to Love your wife like Christ loves the church.

I will fill you in on a little tid-bit of info. If you will not pour into your wife the love and sacrifice that is necessary to make a humble, unified marriage, you will never know revival in your home, you wont be much in God's eyes, you wont excell in prayer, you wont preach great sermons, you wont live the life Christ has called you to. In short you will fail the test to be Christ-like if you cannot be Christ-like to the covenant mate God has given you.

All talk of bible, sin, repentance and revival will end up being empty chatter that goes in one ear and out the other. A man of God that cannot rule his house cannot rule the house of God. A man that will not die to self in order to lead by example his own wife and family, will not do so for very long to strangers. The love of God is not a love that is stand-offish. The love of God intermixes itself with the objects of that love. Hoping the wife is just going to tow the line, while we men run off to play prophet and preacher is immaturity.

I suggest that if you do not highly esteem your wife, and treat her everybit as righteously as you would Christ, you do not understand the covenant of marriage and the importance it has in making a real godly man.

Micaiahsword

2009/2/11 20:28Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Ron and Robert, I appreciate the concerns you both shared.

I have found that my own correction has sometimes come from unexpected places. One time I was walking down the street and a man called me over to him. I recognised him as someone I had shared a passsage of scripture with before.

He reminded me of that and told me that he had something to share with me: it was James 2:10.

It was very appropriate to me at the time. I had been speaking to people often about the Ten Commandments and the Lord and as I recall it, it was very much needed for me to hear. I think I was becoming self-righteous.

Sometime later I noticed how it appears as though the commandments were written on both sides of the Tables(Ex 32:15) as though written on front and back? I thought that perhaps, if that was the case, it was as though if anyone were to hold them up to others, they would be holding them up to themselves as well.

Anyway, I really appreciate the plea to build up each other.

Thank you.

2009/2/11 23:52Profile

Re:

[i]Just want to make this clear... this post is NOT aimed at anyone in particular. I've read a number of criticisms about this movie, and this is for all those who done just that...[/i]

These folks in Albany GA who put out Flywheel, Facing The Giants & Fireproof really have a heart for God. If those of you who want to criticize this ministry understood that this is something God has been putting together for [b]years[/b], and that God has blessed their work in ways you will never know... you'd shut up.

I'm all for exposing error, for exposing imposters in the pulpit... but to sit there and pick apart this movie is just not what God would have us do. None of us know how God might use this to heal marriages.

And if you watched the movie you would see that it was not about turning your spouse into an idol. If you got that out the movie it is because thats what you wanted to get out of it. If you think the things that Kirk Cameron's character did to win back his wife were wrong or self serving... then eventually you may find yourself heading to divorce court.

I would gladly lay down my life for my wife, and she knows it. Thats called loving your wife as Christ loves the church. Even unto death. She is not first in my life, God is. And same for her. But she is 2nd on the list above all others, even our children.

I would recommend you download Paul Washers messages on marriage. Aside from the church, marriage is THE most important institution of God.

Many times we Christians get so critical because it makes us feel more spiritual. What we need are more Christians who are humble enough to admit that they arent very spiritual... and they have weaknesses. I find it interesting that the most critical people on this forum seem to hardly ever admit to any faults. I know I've fallen into that trap a few times on here.

But here lately... I'll be the first to admit: I'm a wretch.

Krispy

2009/2/12 8:08
moreofHim

Re: husbands love

Micaiahsword,

this is one of the best and most biblical posts I have read in awhile. Thank you!

In Him, Chanin

2009/2/12 8:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Many times we Christians get so critical because it makes us feel more spiritual.
Krispy

Wow! you exposed some, now can you start exposing some of our Governments faults? O I forgot they are doing a fine job themselves, by the way can I use this statement in my sig. line? :-)

2009/2/12 10:28Profile

Re:

Problem is Bill that some will take that to mean we should never use discernment, or warn others of false doctrines/teachers... and thats not what I was getting at.

Krispy

2009/2/12 10:36
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Trust me Mr. Bill totally understands were your coming from,I know exactly what you were getting at.

2009/2/12 11:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy