SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My Last Post - My Testimony of the Goodness of God on my Journey to Heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Dear Abraham,

I am really sorry to hear you say that you want be posting anymore. I have been blessed by the scriptures and truth in your posts. I appreciate the sovereignty of God in your convictions.

I am sure many on here can identify somewhat with the hurt you have experienced. I have found that to the elect of God this only works for good. It takes us having to go through certain things in order for God to form our lives to the image of Christ. It is a painful process but a glorious one also.

I believe before God is finished with you that he will strip everything away from you but Christ. I believe this is just another trial in your life on your way to the destiny God has for you. I believe God has done too much in your life not to share with your brethren on SI as well as the world. This is just another bump in the road that you must overcome through Christ.

God has showed me that we cannot have our assurance in no one but Christ and you believe this also. It is not Calvinism, Arminism, Paul, Apollos, and Cephas but only Christ. We will not put anything on the same level as Christ.

Blessings to you!

2009/1/19 16:38Profile
live4jc

Re:

Dear Abe,

I have enjoyed the interaction we’ve had on the forum and pray God’s rich blessings upon you ! I was very moved to hear of how your dear son’s
death drew you closer in your relationship with Christ, despite how crushing that experience must have been for you. The love for Christ which is at work in your heart is an encouragement to the body of Christ. I am thankful that God has set up his church as a body and that each member has been put there to bless the other and to learn from the other. May we be a blessing to each other.

Hope you come back and visit :-)

In Christ’s love,
John

2009/1/19 18:38Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Dear Abraham,

I think that we have only had some short exchanges not too long ago in another thread. If I wronged you in any way there please forgive me? I wish you all goodness and love,

Chris

2009/1/19 19:46Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

When we no longer edify...

Quote:
Greg's: It saddens me to see brothers swept so much around to "extreme" positions on doctrines. I understand your struggles brother and do trust the Lord will guide you into His perfect ways and truth.

Amen. One of the great challenges in these forums is to allow folk to have a liberty of Conscience and come to terms with issues themselves. We have to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling in singleness of heart and in the fear of God.

[color=000066]How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. (I Cor. 14)[/color]

I do not believe that God is pleased when believers are discouraged and unedified in their discussion of the scriptures and doctrine. I believe God's heart breaks. Extreme views are extremely destructive. In the midst of the discussion we lose the loving Spirit of Christ. Folk feel driven from fellowship with God and fellow believers. This ought not so to be.

2009/1/20 10:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy