SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Please Stop Forcing us to Defend our Convictions.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
int3grity

Please Stop Forcing us to Defend our Convictions.

I encourage you brothers and sisters to look at the content of the threads dealing with the doctrines of grace. You will notice that there are constant attacks against these doctrines and those who believe them and then when we defend them Biblically we get accused of being unspiritually intellectual and aggressively pushy.

If you stop attacking and misrepresenting what we believe we will stop defending and clarifying what we believe.

I just had to get that off my chest. I love you all regardless of your views on these things but I can't help but stand up for my convictions. I didn't come to them haphazardly and they mean so much to me. You will notice I never started a single thread on calvinism, just one about open theism and penal substitution. I don't want to cram election/predestination down peoples throats but I do want to defend it because I believe it is Scriptural.

Please don't lay all the blame on what you percieve as Calvinists.

2009/1/17 20:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Please Stop Forcing us to Defend our Convictions.

Quote:
It is very important to note that you are joining a vibrant community of believers across the entire world. The main reason for the discussion forums being on this site in the first place is for discussions revolving around the audio sermon speakers and the themes and topics they bring up. The paramount theme of the site is Christ and not theology or doctrine. The discussing of the history of revivals and spurning each other onto praying to this end to see a revival across the world is one of the cheif ends of the discussion forums.

It should be noted that the underlying principle in discussions needs to be EDIFICATION. Any discussions that are not in concord with this can be edited or deleted by the Moderators. Also posting of links to other audio sermon materials on other sites from the forums is prohibited also. Please review and understand what the rules are of this website as a member you are expected to obey them. By registering you are agreeing to these rules and stipulations for proper use of this website. MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules...

That is from the registration page of the forums.

Welcome to SermonIndex

You are about to enter a vast resource, a continuing expansion of thought from a variety of past saints, many who have since passed through the trial of death and have been preserved and resurrected here to speak once again to us all.

The Forum

Since it's inception, the forum here has been many things. A great fellowship, a 'church' at heart while in it's unorthodox form and fashion often resembling both a battleground and a hospital. This can be both edifying as well as divisive. We hope to address a few of the misconceptions and concerns at the outset so that everyone will be on the same level footing as to what is acceptable and that which is not.

What it is not

It is not a 'chat room'.
It is not a place to bring an agenda regardless of intentions.
It is not a place for promotion of ones self, website or wares.
It is not 'denominational' while gleaning from many.
It is neither legalistic nor 'anything goes'.
It is not a place for politics, politicians, policy's nor particular support thereof. More on this below.*

What it is

It is first and foremost a privilege.
It is a gathering of saints now throughout the world.
And that alone may be the most important factor to keep in mind at all times.
It is a place to share, discuss, listen, think and grow into all things in Jesus Christ.
It is bible based.
It is for the most part "KJV" preferred, but not "only".
It is apostolic in it's desire to return to Old Paths;

What we expect

Conduct, consideration and charity.

As illustrative, picture yourself entering a home for the first time. You are a guest. You are polite. You wipe the mud off your shoes before entering. You make an introduction. You carry yourself with respect to your host.

Hopefully, you get the idea here. We have found that hosting a forum has all kinds of inherent difficulties.

Communicating in this manner with so many different cultures, upbringings, education and lack thereof. To add even more weight is the place anyone of us may be in this walk as disciples of the Lord, we all were spiritual 'babes' in Christ at the inception of a new birth, an important reminder that needs to be reflected on often.

We must keep well in mind that expression of spiritual matters is often difficult enough, sometimes even impossible. Let us bear with one another with patience and understanding.

What is not tolerated

Slander. Ill-will. Unnecessary accusations, comments.

The issue is one of order rather than control. We allow as much patience as possible for corrections and apologies. Please make your corrections with a follow up reply, rather than by use of the edit function. There has been a misuse of this in the past where whole sections have been removed from an ongoing thread, making it now disconnected, like removing pages from a book. Please use the edit function for spelling corrections and if needed within the body of a post, please add a footnote to that which has been changed and why.

[b]Summary

Jesus is Lord.
'We' do hold to a high view of His Majesty.
'We' have no particular creed other than that He be exalted above all.[/b]

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

As to fellowship here:

Tit 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
from: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14144&forum=13&0

2009/1/17 20:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy