SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Theology is meant to direct, not fascinate.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
theopenlife

Re:

Run2Win, thanks for the edifying addition to this thread. When I mentioned praying as a means, I meant that we do not pride ourselves or trust in any of these things as more than a means of knowing and glorifying God. Our faith is not in prayer as an end, but in God who has appointed prayer as His necessary means. So, in short, I agree with you.

As for bad directions, I fear I have given many to others by passing along information without experiencing it myself. The best way to give right directions is to be familiar with the path ourselves.

2009/2/14 0:51Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

theopenlife wrote:

Quote:

The best way to give right directions is to be familiar with the path ourselves.

Yours words speak truth my brother. Excellent.

2009/2/14 1:43Profile
run2win

USA

Re:

Amen!

Thanks for your clarification on prayer, Michael, I felt this was your heart. With His help and grace, may we pray:

"With Thy counsel Thou wilt guide me, and afterward receive me to glory." Psalm 73:24

"I have chosen the faithful way; I have placed Thine ordinances before me...I shall run the way of Thy commandments, for Thou wilt enlarge my heart...Give me understanding that I may observe Thy law, and keep it with all my heart. Make me walk in the path of Thy commandments, for I delight in it." Psalm 119:30,32,34-35

The Lord bless you and keep you. :-)

2009/2/14 10:00Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Run2Win, I believe you're the second person today to remind me of Psalm 73:24. Neat. Providence.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread.

2009/2/14 20:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy