SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Daughter Attending Inauguration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Re: Prayer for Daughter Attending Inauguration

Hi Rebecca,

First I would like to assure you of our prayers for your daughter Brittany. What a memorable trip
for her and her fellow band members. They will probably be talking about it for some time to come.

I would also like to add how sad it is that a simple prayer request for your daughters safety is met with, let me give you my opinion of your daughter going their.

What a shame on us all when our oppion must come before our love for one another, and a mothers love for her daughter.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2009/1/19 12:54Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:

Man or woman, their are only so many things you can do in this life when problems face you head on.

That's right. We should only be accountable for what we can control. That list of items is pretty short.

MC

Greetings
I do not want to get to far off topic of the thread but wanted to respond to what was posted above. You are right we are only accountable for the things in our control but as parents we DO have control over where our children go, who they go with, and who is caring for them when they are away. This is a responsibility given to us by God and as Christian parents we need to take it way more seriously.
God bless
MJ

Edit: I am not trying to imply that Rebecca does not take her responsibility serious

2009/1/19 12:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings pastorfrin

I read your post after mine went up and realized that I did forget to add that I have been praying for Rebecca daughter since she first posted her request. I understand her concern for her daughters physical well being, just after reading another thread about a young woman left to her own have felt convicted of what as a parent our responsibility to our children are. I just want to be careful not to give the impression that as parents we do not have any control over what they do, or where they go, or who they spend there time with.

Rebecca: Anyway again sorry for getting off topic, forgive me, I do not want to take away from your request in any way! Of course I will continue to pray for your dear daughter both physical and spiritual well being until she is safely in your care again.

God Bless
MJ

Edit: I just wanted to make sure I was clear that I was not trying to compare Rebecca situation with that of the other thread. At times when posting to a forum things can get misunderstood.
God Bless

2009/1/19 13:14Profile

Re:

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings pastorfrin

I read your post after mine went up and realized that I did forget to add that I have been praying for Rebecca daughter since she first posted her request. I understand her concern for her daughters physical well being, just after reading another thread about a young woman left to her own have felt convicted of what as a parent our responsibility to our children are. I just want to be careful not to give the impression that as parents we do not have any control over what they do, or where they go, or who they spend there time with.

Rebecca: Anyway again sorry for getting off topic, forgive me, I do not want to take away from your request in any way! Of course I will continue to pray for your dear daughter both physical and spiritual well being until she is safely in your care again.

God Bless
MJ

Thanks for your prayers. She's having a great time enjoying the snow for the first time in her life.

Your not off topic at all by the way. :-)

Quote:
Hi Rebecca,

First I would like to assure you of our prayers for your daughter Brittany. What a memorable trip
for her and her fellow band members. They will probably be talking about it for some time to come.

I would also like to add how sad it is that a simple prayer request for your daughters safety is met with, let me give you my opinion of your daughter going their.

What a shame on us all when our oppion must come before our love for one another, and a mothers love for her daughter.

In His Love
pastorfrin

Yea, I saw that coming. Since I am not the head of the household though that is not my department. I was very touched by both of your posts.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

2009/1/19 15:50
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Since I am not the head of the household though that is not my department.

You must take a stand in your heart - for that is where the battle lies.

2009/1/19 15:56Profile
Compton

Re:

I certainly agree with MJ regarding oversight of our families. My only point was to be at peace in Christ whenever we come to the limits of our personal control in a circumstance.

Just ditto what Pastorfrin said.:-)

MC

2009/1/19 16:54Profile

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
I certainly agree with MJ regarding oversight of our families. My only point was to be at peace in Christ whenever we come to the limits of our personal control in a circumstance.

Just ditto what Pastorfrin said.:-)

MC

Thank you so much. Your posts are so encouraging! :-)

Quote:
You must take a stand in your heart - for that is where the battle lies.

Women can take a stand in their heart but at some point we have to give it to the Lord and trust Him. We have to ask God for wisdom to know when to do this.

2009/1/19 17:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy