SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Daughter Attending Inauguration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prayer for Daughter Attending Inauguration

Please pray for my 14 year old daughter Brittany, who will be going by bus with her band students all the way from Florida, to Washington D.C. to attend the inauguration. The roads are expected to be icy and the temperatures they say could get as low as -10 degrees. They will be sitting out in front of the United States Capital for six hours waiting for the new president to take the oath of office. I bought her some snow shoes today and she is dressing really warm but I still am a little concerned with this snow storm expecting to blow in. She also will be attending one of the balls where her band will be performing, playing at a symphony concert, a local church and touring all of Washington D.C.

She will be gone for a week. I miss her already. :-)

2009/1/15 14:37
Tears_of_joy

Re: Prayer for Daughter Attending Inauguration

Dear Rebecca,

You said:

Quote:
I still am a little concerned with this snow storm expecting to blow in.

I understand your concern. But I believe that we [i]all[/i] should be more concerned and pray about the spiritual adultery, spiritual sodomy, literal sodomy, corrupted politics and prayers to Baal, that your daughter will be exposed to. And instead American Christians going there and be part of all these performances, I believe they should be on their faces before God, knowing the spiritual fornication that will take place in their country.

May the Lord God keep her whole spirit and soul and body and come back safe at home.

2009/1/15 17:29Profile
Compton

Re: Prayer for Daughter Attending Inauguration

Will do Rebecca.

This sounds like an exciting trip, and a memorable opportunity!

Regarding Brittany's safety, we can also take heart from Matt. 18:10. :-)

Blessings,

MC

2009/1/15 17:33Profile

Re:

Thanks for your prayers. They made it safely and she's having a great time. I will post some pictures on my blog as I get them off the school websight. I can't wait to see her in her ball gown. We bought her a video/camera and it has 4 G. so she's going to take lots of pictures.:-)

2009/1/16 19:43
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
. . . I believe they should be on their faces before God, knowing the spiritual fornication that will take place in their country.

Yes, sorrows upon sorrows - the things that will be taking place in the Name of our Lord. Levels of blasphemy which have been heretofore unknown in this country.

2009/1/16 22:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
But I believe that we all should be more concerned and pray about the spiritual adultery, spiritual sodomy, literal sodomy, corrupted politics and prayers to Baal, that your daughter will be exposed to. And instead American Christians going there and be part of all these performances, I believe they should be on their faces before God, knowing the spiritual fornication that will take place in their count

Kire, when I first read this I was a tad bit ticked off at your pessimism. You gave no details that warranted your reactions.....anyhow, on the 16th I got this email from Christian Newswire and it confirmed in my mind that your concern is indeed legitimate. Thanks for the warning, Kire.

Now here is the email from Christian newswire:

Inaugural Warning: Rated P for Perverse
WASHINGTON, Jan. 16 /Christian Newswire/ -- The inauguration of Barack Obama as the President of the United States is going to be historic for many reasons, not all of them good. Obama's inauguration may help move race relations forward in America, but Obama's inaugural events are a major step backwards for historic Christian values. CADC must issue this WARNING message: Don't let your children watch!

Dr. Gary Cass remarks, "National events ought to unify and elevate the nation by celebrating what is virtuous, such as God and patriotism. Obama is making a terrible mistake by polluting his inaugural events with sexual sin. Some one ought to remind him that he wasn't elected mayor of Sodom."

The Flamboyant Homosexual Inaugural

Barack Obama's inauguration will have the dubious distinction of being the most perverted in our nation's history. Obama is not being subtle about either. One of America's most radical and destructive homosexual activists, "Bishop" Vickie Eugene Robinson of New Hampshire, in official inaugural activities will be offering the invocation at the Lincoln Memorial.

Robinson will be appearing with the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington D. C. which forces all Christians around the world to compromise their character if they want to watch the inauguration.

Obama Is Sending A Very Clear Message

The homosexual community is encouraged to celebrate their sin against God, nature and themselves at his inaugural. The sad thing is they will also be encouraged to do so by the likes of Rev. Joseph Lowery, another liberal minister from the United Methodist Church who advocates homosexuality.

To ensure no one misses the perversion, the Inaugural parade will include a homosexual marching band with their rainbow flags flying proud with millions of our nation's children watching. This is the same band that proudly advertises that it will march in the homosexual Southern Decadence parade, known for its vulgarity and lewd acts in public.

Celebrating a person's sin sends a message of approval."

Sounds to me like our nation would be better served if God's people would be in intense prayer for Obama on this day.

Rebecca, seems to me you should be very concerned for your daughter's spiritual welfare, this should exceed that of her personal safety. I also heard the security forces will be beefed up because of potential violence.

ginnyrose

2009/1/17 12:15Profile

Re:

Thanks for your concern and we should keep my daughter in prayer.

On a side note, my husband is the head of this household and I have told him all of my concerns with her going to a public school and joining the band. I have also talked to my daughter.

The end of the matter is that my husband makes the decisions in our household, like it or not.

I on the other hand intend on making something positive out of all of this. I could just take the option of blowing my brains out but that probably wouldn't be of our best interest.

Anyhow, here are the photos if you are interested in seeing them:

http://employedhomemakeroffive.blogspot.com/

If your so concerned just pray for her. Our God is a very big God!

Any other suggestions I'm sure would not be of the Lord.

2009/1/18 15:51

Re: THE BAND WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE INNAUGURATION

They have decided not to have my daughters band attend the Innauguration because they feel it may not be safe for them. We are happy about their decision and it's wonderful to see how things work out for the good when you put them in the hands of the Lord and not try and take matters in your own hands.

Man or woman, their are only so many things you can do in this life when problems face you head on. All you can do is what you can and at some point in time you have to put matters in the hands of the Lord.

We are all happy about thier decision and that they are being responsible while caring for our children. It looks like they will be relaxing in their hotel and watching it all on the wide screen TV in their conference room.

She's having a great time! :-)

2009/1/19 11:03

Re:

I pray your young daughter only experiences the positive aspects of this trip. There will be some.

However, the only thing that is keeping this "celebration" from turning into something worse than Mardi Gras is the cold weather.

Ha ha Al Gore! Thank the Lord you're so wrong all the time.

Krispy

2009/1/19 12:29
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Man or woman, their are only so many things you can do in this life when problems face you head on.

That's right. We should only be accountable for what we can control. That list of items is pretty short.

MC

2009/1/19 12:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy