SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Teaching and the Public schools

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Teaching and the Public schools

1st)
[url=http://www.thechristians.ca/why_history_matters.html]Why History Matters[/url]
This is a short read in PDF format.

2nd)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDyDtYy2I0M&feature=related

3rd)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGZLSVph3A

2009/1/13 14:30Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Teaching and the Public schools

Replying to my own thread, how pathetic is that? Please take the time to read the text in the first link and view the video's in the other two. I can't tell you the impact this is having in my life.

Link #2 - Applies to more than just the Education System. We just received our phone bill for the month and were shocked to find our Internet access had been upgraded to the highest speed/price when we had changed the Long Distance Service a month ago. We requested to be dropped to the lowest speed/cost. Then I realized what had been the victims of a 'facilitator.' By dropping our Long Distance to the 5 cent a minute charge we were viewed as "resistors." And they gave us to a specialized handler who was able to exact a higher fee from us than we wanted.

Listen closely to what that woman is saying, the Govt recognizes [b]resistor's [/b] and has people trained in handling them. By not having a credit card, we are [b]resistor's [/b]. By refusing to accept the high costs of Cell Phones, we are [b]resistor's [/b]. Regardless of the fact that we can not afford their services, they can not accept anyone who chooses not to use them and do all they can to force them upon you.

The evil that is in this world is great. This Country that has afforded us Religious freedom is gone. God have mercy on those of us who squandered the blessings it offered on video games, TV and malls. How can we regain it without a fight? They will be shutting down Forums such as this fine one. What will we do then?

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/1/13 15:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
Replying to my own thread, how pathetic is that? Please take the time to read the text in the first link and view the video's in the other two. I can't tell you the impact this is having in my life.

Link #2 - Applies to more than just the Education System. We just received our phone bill for the month and were shocked to find our Internet access had been upgraded to the highest speed/price when we had changed the Long Distance Service a month ago. We requested to be dropped to the lowest speed/cost. Then I realized what had been the victims of a 'facilitator.' By dropping our Long Distance to the 5 cent a minute charge we were viewed as "resistors." And they gave us to a specialized handler who was able to exact a higher fee from us than we wanted.

Listen closely to what that woman is saying, the Govt recognizes [b]resistor's [/b] and has people trained in handling them. By not having a credit card, we are [b]resistor's [/b]. By refusing to accept the high costs of Cell Phones, we are [b]resistor's [/b]. Regardless of the fact that we can not afford their services, they can not accept anyone who chooses not to use them and do all they can to force them upon you.

The evil that is in this world is great. This Country that has afforded us Religious freedom is gone. God have mercy on those of us who squandered the blessings it offered on video games, TV and malls. How can we regain it without a fight? They will be shutting down Forums such as this fine one. What will we do then?

Kind regards,
white stone

Good threads, this site has some of the best information available on the topic.

http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles.html

Old Joe

2009/1/13 23:52
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Teaching and the Public schools

Fixed the broken link, sorry for that. :-)

white stone

2009/1/13 23:53Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

If you have children you need to know this. . . .

Bumping for your consideration.

Just today my Husband was talking with a young man we met recently. He and his wife are having difficulties. The problems did not start until she went to College to be a teacher. He has no clue but as soon as we can we are going to give him this information. He needs to de-program his wife.

I just read a very good piece written the other day by Thomas Sowell and the subject was this very issue. http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell021009.php3

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/12 19:38Profile
BVO

ohio

Re: If you have children you need to know this. . . .

When this was up before, I got to watch and read your links. We homeschool 4 children and pulled the oldest out in first grade (now in 10th). We were already faced with issues then that were messed up in 1st grade. The thing we read about at that time was the idea of outcome based education where everything is based on social acceptability rather than concrete scores. It kept everything really abstract so it could contour the student to what they wanted. The info you posted only verified what we had already seen. As far as the Dewey person, he reminds me of Aleister Crowley to pop music and culture. Satan has definitely played havoc in the world. I couldn't even imagine what it would be to be living without Jesus in the world today. This is a reminder to me why the fields are white unto harvest. Thanks for the bump, God Bless, Barry

2009/2/13 6:11Profile

Re:

I'm a resistor.

Christians who have their kids in public school (and I acknowledge that for some there is no other choice) really need to take a look at whats going on... and get their kids out of there.

Homeschool.

Krispy

2009/2/13 9:02
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:

My Dear Whitesone do not fret God is still on the throne. For your information and encouragement. There is a Move of God coming and that Move of God that is coming will prepare Gods people for what is going to come.

So please do not fret but have faith in God as he is on the throne and he is for us and if he is for us who can stand against us.

2009/2/16 8:42Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Re: If you have children you need to know this. . . .

Quote:
White_Stone wrote:

I write this to encourage you and it may not be what you want to hear but we are to "[i]Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.[/i]" Phil 4.4

Quote:
Krispy wrote:
Christians who have their kids in public school (and I acknowledge that for some there is no other choice) really need to take a look at whats going on... and get their kids out of there.

Homeschool.

I respect your choice to homeschool but homeschooling is not the answer, it may be one of many answers but it's not "the" answer. I am not trying to take on you or the homeschooling movement. (huge grin, promise!) I do not have the wherewithal to do that!

This is just one of my personal little rants but one of the things I learn from the Bible is the fact that Moses was brought up and educated in the Egyptian school system. What did he do? You know he had to worship their Gods and learn everything they told him to learn and look what the Lord did?!! Do we really think he worship as his people worshiped, openly? And yet, God used him and he led a great people out of (physical) bondage, they were still in bondage in their minds but not because of anything Egypt did!

Daniel and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego could have been educated in the Babylonian school system (though they might have been through school by the time they entered Babylon), this leads me to my second point, they operated in the Babylonian government system their ENTIRE lives and they didn't proselytize the people around them. Imagine that! They lived what they believed and operated within the system they were afforded and they were blessed.

All the proselytizing, protesting and boycotting that Christians have done throughout the last 70 years have yet to bring a president to his knees proclaiming our God as the one true God and declare Him to be the only God of America! Oh yes, we've forced people to do our will by holding the almighty dollar over their heads but "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." (Unknown)

All I'm trying to say is we've done more to run people off in the name of God that we have to win in the name of God.

I agree with Colin... [i]God is still on the throne! [/i] No matter what happens or what He allows, we must trust that it will be for our good and to make us more like Christ. That is our goal, correct? "Christ in us, the hope of Glory!!" (Col 1.27).

murrcolr wrote:
[b]So please do not fret but have faith in God as he is on the throne and he is for us and if he is for us who can stand against us.[/b]

God bless you all!! This is just my two cents, take it or leave it! It may not even be worth that! Only God knows.

2009/2/16 13:37Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re:

Lysa,

Remember the warning:

[b]Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”[/b] 1 Cor. 15:33

Also, you said:

Quote:
to my second point, they operated in the Babylonian government system their ENTIRE lives and they didn't proselytize the people around them. Imagine that!

But Jesus said:
[b]16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[/b] Matt 28:18-20

2009/2/16 14:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy