SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 1 Cor 7:15

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Dear Brethren,

I am turning in for the evening but decided to post on this unprofitable and most unfortunate thread.

These lengthy posts by Piper and others are to what profit. Is it to prove anything of what the Lord has stated in his word. The scriptures are clear that God is perfect and has commanded us to be perfect but all of us have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Jesus went to the cross and died in our place. He is our righteousness. He has given commandments...not to steal, kill, nor to commit Adultery. We all are guilty.

There is no use in spending hours upon hours to try and prove the obvious. The problems is what do I do now that I have sinned. I can't undue the lie, the hate I had in my heart, the adultery I committed but i can go to the one who was crucified at calvary and receive pardon and be made a new creation. Some can't undue the fact that they married again after a divorce but they can go to him who paid the price for them on the cross and be cleansed of their sin and guilt.

We don't need to spend hours upon hours to try and convince a man that stealing is wrong. We do need to tell people that they can go to the one who is ready to forgive and cleanse them to put in them a desire not to steal any more. We can tell those like the woman at the well who had 5 husbands and living with one who is not her husband that Jesus is ready to save her...forgive her and take away the sin of adultery...give her a new heart that doesn't want to commit adultery any more. He'll say neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.

Blessings to all!

2009/1/30 0:31Profile

Re: Remarriage

Last week on Pastor’s Perspective, Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa was asked on the 3:00-4:00 P.M. radio program the following question:

"I have been married and divorced three times. I have been saved for about a year and I wonder what Scripture says I should do---should I go back to my first wife, and remarry her, or what?"

Chuck’s answer was that he was now a new creation in Jesus Christ and that all things had become new. He was not bound to his first wife, or the other two. He was a“new” creation.

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/1/30 1:07
graceamazed

Tennessee

Re:

Quote:
We don't need to spend hours upon hours to try and convince a man that stealing is wrong. We do need to tell people that they can go to the one who is ready to forgive and cleanse them to put in them a desire not to steal any more. We can tell those like the woman at the well who had 5 husbands and living with one who is not her husband that Jesus is ready to save her...forgive her and take away the sin of adultery...give her a new heart that doesn't want to commit adultery any more. He'll say neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.

rbanks,
I do believe this discussion is profitable. I agree with you that sins such as stealing, adultery, murder, etc. are obviously sins and we don't need to spend hours trying to convince one another of that. We all have sinned and fallen short of God's standard and therefore need to be made new creations in Him. Where I think this conversation is profitable is with those who have been made new creations, cleasned of their sins and have been told, "go and sin no more."

Too many Christian people seek to find ways out of their marriages, or try to justify their desire to divorce their spouse. This is a conversation that I believe we must put time into as we seek to make disciples of all men. I believe Paul is doing just that as he writes to a group of believers in Corinth who are struggling with these issues. I don't believe the answer we are to give the "Christian" couple is that, "It is a sin to get divorce, but don't worry, God will forgive you and wipe away your sins." I feel we must spend hours and hours talking about this issue and seeking to shift their line of thinking if they seem to take the act of divorce too lightly.

2009/1/30 7:25Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:
Chuck’s answer was that he was now a new creation in Jesus Christ and that all things had become new. He was not bound to his first wife, or the other two. He was a“new” creation.

Did he give any Scriptures to back this up? Much as I'd like to believe the "new creation" argument, I'm just left with more unanswered questions.

2009/1/30 12:52Profile

Re:

2 Cor 5:17 on says this:

16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.

17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2009/1/30 13:07
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

ccrider wrote:
2 Cor 5:17 on says this:

16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.

17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Thanks, I'm very familiar with those verses. What I was asking was, did Chuck give any other verses that would help show that even though it's adultery to remarry before you're saved, it's suddenly not once you're born again. Isn't adultery a continual state until the relationship is broken off? This is not something I want to argue about, just asking.

2009/1/30 15:00Profile

Re:

I consider what it said in the Scripture above to be a 'born again' state which means we are in Christ and He in us. The Holy Spirit is the seal of that state moving forward. I guess one question would be does the law supercede the Spirit or vice versa? This has been a much debated subject. Personally I take this verse then look at testimonies and see if it fits 'new creature' in Christ. Many testify that once they were born again, they were a new creature in Christ and moving forward were not the same person. I'm not sure how this can be attained unless ALL sins were forgiven. I don't see where the Bible specifies that a new creature in Christ is unattainable due to circumstance past or present. The reconciliation to God in this scripture is a matter of removing that which was in the way of that reconcilement. Not counting mens sins against him and reconciling the whole world to Himself I believe covers a lot of ground in terms of redemption. This passage does not appear to exclude anyone in any circumstance.

I have asked what was it that gave Christ the authority to forgive the woman at the well? Was it the law or His sovereign authority to show grace in forgiveness? I find it telling that He was quick to forgive her and made special mention of her past but when speaking to the Pharisees, He made it a point to tell them, as believers, that they used the law of divorce to justify their hardened heart yet still staying 'legally righteous' when all the while they were throwing laws at Him even if He had done good. They used the law to chastise Him and yet justify themselves.

Yet we are justified by faith as was Abraham, who the Pharisees thought was their father, yet had no intention of establishing a relatioship with God based on faith. Our faith in His shed blood and resurrection is either sufficient for redemption of all sin or it is not. I know that without it I stand guilty and doomed, even if I had done everything right all my life.

2009/1/30 15:33
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

ccrider,

What about in John 8, Jesus told the woman to "go, and sin no more". What do you think He meant by that?

2009/1/30 16:13Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

thank you for your post rbanks . Piper and pastor frin seem like they would be very boring pastors , what i mean by boring is ,, not Full of the Holy Ghost unction . the misunderstanding of the heart of God is so easy to do when we lean to our own understanding . We tend to do this as Christians when we lose sight of worshipping and praising God and singing spirit songs out of our heart of love to Him . This love, that He has shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost in the first place, is all that we can give back to Him any way..i'll put it this way ,, God can only fellowship with us in the areas, of ourselves, that we have allowed Jesus to change in us . The Holy Spirit brings us to Jesus and what we allow to be changed , renewed , transformed, by Jesus, through His spirit, is what enters into fellowship with God.. Now the problem with well meaning yet , missing the point of Gods' fellowship with us ,is that the misinterpretations of scriptures usually have to do with mans works makeing him okay or not okay with being in with God , and in so going at God through backwards ways of what we think, this tends to keep us ever digging for something that can never be attained because the well of works has no living water in it . Jesus never taught that works keeps us saved, such as never remarrying after a Christian is divorced. the list of works could go on and on and on , Yet this doctrine of cotinually being an adulterer after you divorce and remarry as a Christian is an absurdity , Jesus was teaching How to be in fellowship with God through Him and by the Holy Ghost. The Kingdom of God is a marraige .. Christians Can be divorced and remarry and still whip the devil , heal the sick raise the dead , have unction from the Holy Ghost and move in the Gifts of the Spirit and Have uninterupted fellowship with the creator of all spirits . By living in union with God ,through the Fellowship of Jesus and the change that He has wrought in us by His Spirit. In Christ our spirits , souls, and bodys, are preserved blameless of all evils. Yet if we walk away from that marraige in Christ and not live in the Fellowship of the Father that we came to as a result of Jesus ( the husband ) , then we are the adulterous wife , and as long as jesus is alive we will be adulterers as long as we choose to be away from Him and remarry another .. Now how does a True Christian really marry someone else?? and Get UN SAVED ??. Is anyone with me . A true Christian cannot remarry ,the only one He is married to is Christ Jesus and if he leaves Christ he is an adulterer.. CAN a Christian remarry Himself and the world and the devil again ,and not be an adulterer as long as JESUS IS ALIVE...?? GLORY BE TO MY HUSBAND JESUS !!! HE keeps me no matter how many wifes have left me and thank God he has brought me a beautiful bride to me here now. yet in this bible, i have ,, JESUS is always teaching me of an HEAVENLY kingdom that i am in NOW and i am the beloved of Christ and HE is mine FOREVER because He is ALIVE FOR EVERMORE and i can never choose to willfully leave Him and not be an adulterer .. wether i get married and divoced here on earth and remarried to another while she is still alive , is not the issue that will keep me in or out of fellowship with God and living in that Blessed Holy union with Him through my Husband that has taken me into this union with God and Him. A Christians Husband is Jesus and non other union is valid.. as a marriage that Jesus would teach about anywhere in the bible

2009/2/6 20:10Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:
Piper and pastor frin seem like they would be very boring pastors , what i mean by boring is ,, not Full of the Holy Ghost unction .

Wow! Where's the Christian love in that?

"And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also." (1 Jn. 4:21)

2009/2/7 10:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy