SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why Isn't There More Preaching On Hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
This is a really good sermon on hell.

Hell, What Is It Like? by David Wilkerson

Thanks Heartsong, I was looking for this sermon on the internet today and couldn't find it.

I heard this sermon 20 years ago and I have it on cassette. I think it still plays. :-)

2009/1/12 21:48
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Why Isn't There More Preaching On Hell?

They preach on hell quite often where I’m from. Of course, back in Southern Illinois there are still several one-room schoolhouse churches in operation. They have all sorts of problems, but not because they are neglecting to preach the entire gospel.

I wonder what people believe they are saved from?

The consequence of sin is death.
Eternity will be spent somewhere.
Only those washed by the blood of the Lamb will avoid spending it in hell.
You must repent and believe.

Maybe our attendance would finally break 30 if we stopped mentioning that "bad place".

2009/1/12 22:29Profile

Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
They preach on hell quite often where I’m from. Of course, back in Southern Illinois there are still several one-room schoolhouse churches in operation. They have all sorts of problems, but not because they are neglecting to preach the entire gospel.

I wonder what people believe they are saved from?

The consequence of sin is death.
Eternity will be spent somewhere.
Only those washed by the blood of the Lamb will avoid spending it in hell.
You must repent and believe.

Maybe our attendance would finally break 30 if we stopped mentioning that "bad place".

It seems that even when their is teaching on hell it is more like a reminder that it's not somewhere we want to go but not alot of teaching on the fact that this is what God thinks about sin.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we need more of an awareness and we need to have the mind of Christ. How can you have the mind of Christ if you don't hate sin like God does?

2009/1/12 22:45
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
It seems that even when their is teaching on hell it is more like a reminder that it's not somewhere we want to go but not alot of teaching on the fact that this is what God thinks about sin.

You are right, they often times do seem to be peddling fire insurance. Those that are truly saved by the grace of God will mature and grow, striving to be more like Him. Avoiding hell is not their motivation.

A.W. Tozer said he would serve God even if he ended up in hell because, "He is worthy."

Good post sister.

2009/1/12 22:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy