Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : kids and cars

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
live4jc

kids and cars

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

I would covet your prayers for me in 2 areas :

First I need God's help as father. I have 3 wonderful kids and want to guide them in such a way that they will love God and fear his commands. Sometimes, I err on the side of slackness, and sometimes I am too firm with them and am more angry with them than I should be. Constistency, with discipline that comes from a loving heart, is something I desire in my life.

Second, if you could pray for my wife and I for wisdom in buying a new vehicle, that would be much appreciated. The tranny in our previous minivan bit the dust and we decided that rather than fix it, we'd get one with a stronger transmission that will be more reliable in pulling our tent trailer. We currently have an offer on a vehicle, but are praying that this deal will only go through if it is God's will.

Thanks you again for your prayers and please let me know if there's anything I can pray for you about as well !

In Jesus,
John

2009/1/11 8:15Profile
someone_else

Re: kids and cars

Hi
Recently I was praying that God would show me His will for my life as I was forever here and there and trying this and that.
Now I see that all I’m meant to be for the present is a husband and a father!
How simple it has all become! And do you know why it’s so simple? It is because I am learning to let go of my cares for my children – their salvation, their upbringing, everything concerning them really. Now, its not that I don’t love them or care for them, but its the worry that I’m being asked to let go of, that deep down faraway anxiety about their future somewhere off in the distance, that little bit of fear that I wouldn’t let go of.
Still have to change the nappies, still (oh even last night 10 – 2am) persevering with my waking 2 year old! Still have all the other concerns which surround a married man. In a way each of these concerns is a little battle to be won by the Lord Jesus over my inner fears and anxieties – many little victories.

When I surrendered my all, my “time” was included – I didn’t fully realise that it was to be given to my wife and weans for each and any of the 24 hours which make up my day – but I’m learning that!

May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ BE with you, brother.
Yeah, that’s it... find His peace!

2009/1/13 8:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy