SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just For A Smile :)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Just For A Smile :)

In the last year or two Dan and I have talked about adoption. Actually throughout our marriage we have brought it up a few times. Dan would love to have more kids. Loves them! I love kids! I have always wanted to be a mom. That was always my dream growing up :)

Well, I turned 40 this year and I think I've decided I'm past the stage of wanting to go through pregnancy again. We are seriously considering what the Lord would have us do considering adoption or fostering children who need loving 'parents'. We have the room, the finances, the love- and I stay home. There are so many children who need a loving home, not to mention a Christian influence.

A few weeks ago, Mckenna (our youngest) sent me an email that I thought I would share. It's so cute! To preface the email, affectionately my kids call me 'Mother of Pearl' or 'Mrs. Pearl' at times- so that leaves Dan as being "Mr. Pearl" :) (That is not our last name, by the way)

So here is the email :)

ADOPT A CHILD

Dear Misses. and Mr. pearl,

You know when c.j. and Arielle won't play with me and I'm all alone doing nothing.
Well imagine this me NOT being all alone doing nothing and heres how. You can adopt a little boy.

Misses and Mr. pearl.
Here are some reasons why we should adopt a little boy.

Heres one reason why we should adopt a boy.
I will buy alot of his stuff for him like clothes,bottles, diapers and you don't have to wast money on baby stuff
because you need that money for gas because gas prices are getting high and i have my $50 so I can use that money on clothes and bottles.

Misses. and Mr. pearl.
Heres a another reason why we should adopt a boy. I will be more responsible and heres how i can be
more responsible. When you out of the house and c.j. and Arielle are gone and I'm the only one in the house i will babysit
him so you don't have to take him with you when he's crying and crying.

love ,
your responsible, BIG girl mckenna
So those are the reasons why we should adopt a child. please please please please please.
P.S. i really want a little brother and "change a child's destiny adopt a child". (this was followed by an adoption website and pictures of orphans :)

2009/1/9 12:55Profile

Re: Just For A Smile :)

How sweet! That really did bring a smile to my face. :) What a precious email for you to treasure and keep.

I hope that it works out for ya'll to adopt; it sounds like you'd have plenty of help and support from your 'responsible, BIG girl mckenna'. :)

2009/1/9 13:04
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: Just For A Smile :)

I am smiling! Thank you!

:-D

2009/1/9 13:22Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
it sounds like you'd have plenty of help and support from your 'responsible, BIG girl mckenna'

Yes! All my kids would love for us to adopt and are ready to be a big brother or sister. Of course, I know McKenna doesn't really want to be the one who has to be up all night when they're sick or for feeding (if it's an infant) :-(

My husband is convinced that the Lord has a little brother and sister just waiting somewhere for us to take in :-) I'm open to whatever the Lord wants for us.

2009/1/9 15:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have been told by those who-have-been-there- done-that that it is essential for the rest of the family to be in agreement if the parents decide on this course of action. So if this is the case, go for it IF you all sense peace in your spirit to do so.

That email is so sweet...

ginnyrose

2009/1/11 17:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy