SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Native missionaries abducted - India, Prayers Answered

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Native missionaries abducted - India, Prayers Answered

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

5 NATIVE MISSIONARIES IN INDIA ABDUCTED,
FALSELY ACCUSED OF ROBBERY

Five native missionaries serving with Gospel for Asia (GFA) in India were abducted and wrongfully accused of robbery Saturday, July 24.
The abduction came after the missionaries held a fruitful evangelistic outreach in the southern India state of Karnataka, catching the attention of anti-Christian elements in the area. Despite being threatened twice, the evangelists kept sharing their faith with needy people.
As their ministry grew, their opponents observed, looking for an opportunity to hinder their work. When a robbery took place in the community, the opponents abducted the five missionaries and accused them of committing the crime.
One of the Christians managed to escape and related the news to the GFA staff. The other four missionaries who remain in captivity have suffered beatings, and their gospel literature was torn up.

From the news flow of Intercessors Network

2004/7/28 4:21Profile

Re: Native missionaries abducted - India

A profound principle is revealed to readers and intercessors in Malachi. It is one of those 3:16’s which we ought to mark in our bibles.

“Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.”

Why don’t we talk about these prayer items? To say: “I am out here praying too” would be enough to begin with.
I think the Lord is waiting for something to write.

Hanna

2004/7/28 5:06
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Why don’t we talk about these prayer items? To say: “I am out here praying too” would be enough to begin with.

Good point Hanna. Why?
Had broached this before, but perhaps those of us who have been at this a bit longer could offer some insight into this. How do we carry so many of these burdens in prayer?

Personally I have begun to not state as much about "I will pray about this" because I find that I am being hypocritical by saying and not doing. Do I care? Of course, but frankly find that I can be overwhelemed with items and issues to pray about and am not fond of going through a check list mentality and offering up cheap or glib prayers for such serious issues, actually for any issue for that matter.

Ravenhill comes to mind: "If you don't mean it, don't sing (pray) it."

Trying to be honest here, how do we go about this brethren? Not to evasive but does just reading items and Romans 8:26 apply?

Would love to hear others opinions.

2004/7/28 13:06Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Native missionaries abducted - India

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

HINDU EXTREMISTS RELEASE KIDNAPPED MISSIONARIES IN INDIA

The five native missionaries serving with Gospel for Asia (GFA) who were abducted by Hindu extremists in the southern India state of Karnataka Saturday, July 24, have been freed.
Radicals kidnapped the five, falsely accusing them of committing a robbery before beating and releasing them, says GFA President K.P. Yohannan. One of the men escaped before the beatings took place.
While India’s Congress Party is giving Christians hope for religious freedom, Hindu extremists want it restricted, Yohannan explains. ”Since they cannot directly attack Christian workers, they are now finding a new way to persecute our missionaries by accusing them of stealing things, or causing trouble or whatever else. This was the disguise they used to kidnap these five missionaries.”
Yohannan says Hindus are angry with the large number of people who are turning to Christ in India. Meanwhile, GFA is working to distribute Bibles across India. ”One of our greatest needs right now is to produce at least 10 million to 15 million Bibles in the country’s major languages,” he says. “We have two printing presses working full time.”

From the news flow of Intercessors Network

2004/7/29 0:18Profile

Re:

We rejoice because of this report!
Hanna

2004/7/29 11:01
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Amen!

2004/7/29 12:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net