Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Lust - Basilea Schlink

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Lust - Basilea Schlink

I used to be an avid reader of the works of Basilea Schlink, however after doing a lot of research on her I found out that she left biblical orthodoxy and taught out and out heresy. On the surface many of her teachings are very powerful, but I would discourage the continued propagation of her ministry's materials.

2009/1/13 17:34Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Lust - Basilea Schlink

Quote:
iansmith wrote:
I used to be an avid reader of the works of Basilea Schlink, however after doing a lot of research on her I found out that she left biblical orthodoxy and taught out and out heresy. On the surface many of her teachings are very powerful, but I would discourage the continued propagation of her ministry's materials.

I've been wanting to read some of her stuff but haven't had the time. So if you've read a lot of her works, will you care to tell me three or four of the heresy's she propagated and then I won't waste my time!!!

I'm not challenging you since I've never read her it's just that I've heard others say she taught heresy but no one has ever really spelled exactly what heresy it was; Well, that I've seen, but I'm not on here every single day either!

Thank you much!

2009/1/13 20:49Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Thank you so much, I'm listening to it now!

God bless!!

2009/1/13 20:50Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I can do you better, here's a testimony from a former Sister from the order she created and her testimony. This is actually verifiable.

http://members.shaw.ca/cpandersen/testimon.htm

2009/1/13 21:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
iansmith wrote:
I can do you better, here's a testimony from a former Sister from the order she created and her testimony. This is actually verifiable.

http://members.shaw.ca/cpandersen/testimon.htm

Now, mind you, I have not read Basilea Schlink so I am not defending her at all.

As a complete stranger visiting that website you gave me, I did not see anything verifiable that suggests heresy. She had concerns but it seemed like a disgruntled employee (for lack of a better term). So it was not what she thought being a female monk would be!!

I asked "YOU" since you stated that you had been an "avid reader" of hers and upon further research you found "she left biblical orthodoxy and taught out and out heresy."

I'm asking since you read her stuff:
1. exactly what Biblical orthodoxy did she leave out and
2. what out and out heresy did she teach?

If you read her works and compared them to Scripture, what did you find?

I challenge you in love because as Christian's we need to provide things honest in the sight of all men. We need to either present these fallacies (heresy's) or stop contributing to tearing down someone's reputation without any documentation.

2009/1/14 7:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy