SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : God has kept me by his grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

God has kept me by his grace

Today there was a massive lay off at the company I work for. It has been hard because I work in the financial industry and it has taken a huge hit world wide.When the ordeal went down with Lehman brothers, AIG, and, Merrill Lynch I knew we would be next in line. I saw some of my co-workers let go today about 500 of them It was devastating to see. I get my summons to go see my manager and she says. "You have been selected to stay put". All I could do was praise God. But I still feel bad over having seen so many let go. I have had a chance in the middle of this whole deal to minister to some. Keep me in prayer. For all of you out there remember that God is faithful and remember the words from the Apostle peter

1 peter 1:6-9
6Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

2009/1/8 13:17Profile
HeartSong

Re: God has kept me by his grace

Oh, praise the Lord! I will be praying, have been praying - there is going to be more and more of this. It is like a giant snowball that grows ever larger as it rolls across the land.

2009/1/8 13:25Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Bless God, this is an awesome report. I rejoice for you and your family, and I commiserate with those who were cut loose. Now more than ever, let us bury ourselves in the imperishable Word of God - our only surefire source of joy and hope and consolation in these days to come.

Brother Paul

2009/1/8 13:26Profile
SaintLina

Mexico

Praise the Lord! Great news.

In Christ,
Lina

2009/1/8 13:29Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Amen brother Paul I agree with your statements. We need to bury ourselves in the word of God for therein is life John 6:63. We also must keep our eyes upon the lord. one of the greatest temptations for me during this whole ordeal was to stop studying the scriptures and to slow down on my book and bible reading it was a real heated battle but by Gods grace I keep at it. Its all a trap to take our eyes off of the lord who is the source, foundation and sustainer of our lives. I am going to continue in his grace and power so that it can keep me looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of my faith. Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

2009/1/8 13:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy