SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The International House of Prayer Onething Conference "ESCHATOLOGICAL REVOLUTION!" (video).

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
The problem with people like Ingrid is an issue of contextualization. Ingrid is probably living in on the upper peninsula, attending a small Swedish reformed church that hasn't grown a single soul in the past 50 years, refuses to wear pants, doesn't have a drivers license and sits at her computer doling out judgmental criticism of church leaders all day.

"[i]Probably[/i]"? - 'contextualization'. Brother, is this not doing the one and same thing? That is a huge assumption.

It is more than one thing that has gotten him into hot water - Being vulgar, having no tact towards things that need not be put on public display - The care-less-ness and sloppiness of what is presented before the masses, what sort of reaction is to be expected? People are not that stupid to grasp the differences of what is done in the confines of marriage ...

"Sacred", is it now just another word to be re-defined, given a new revisionist history? Small wonder that the Church is so largely ineffective when that quip of finding the world in the church and the church in the world is so emphatically exemplified by this sort of ignorance.

2009/1/16 9:38Profile
savannah

Re: "Who is Israel"

Quote:

"Frankly, I'm confused. I don't know what people mean when they say we should "stand with Israel"".

I thought the following message clarified the answer to the question "Who is Israel" from a perspective of the full counsel of God.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=48082130523

2009/1/16 10:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
At a time when American young people are hit in the face with graphic sexuality in every facet of our culture, the church should be a safe haven where the sacredness and privacy of the act of marriage is respected by pastors.

This is EXACTLY the time that every false sexual facet that is being preached to our kids should be faced.

I listened to Mark Driscol's [url=http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/religionsaves]Religion Saves Series[/url] and if you follow the link, it is the fifth one down entitled, Sexual Sin.

There was nothing wrong with that message. He was straight forward and very Godly about the topic.

Some people cannot "hear" the God in what other people are saying because they live in a fantasy world of what they think "Christianity" should look like and sound like. Therefore they miss God and not only do they miss God but they stand in the doorway and block others from going in as well.

Go yourself and listen to it.

2009/1/16 10:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy