SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question Please Is it biblical for women to open air preach

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
I have my own views regarding this...that this passage relates more to an issue of authority than it does with mere words spoken by women. I don't agree with a woman serving in a position of authority over a man (anything from a pastor, co-educational Sunday school teacher [over men], or even a wife who "wears the pants" over her husband). Yet I still pay attention to what my wife says...and even the other women that God has placed in my life (like those in my family, in the Church or here in the forums).

My views about women speaking/teaching/preaching have changed over the years and still are. I was listening to a message about how we should "stop trying". I can't find the message anymore but I think I am beginning to understand what he is saying having not understood it at first. My husband does not believe Titus 2 is for today concerning women as "keepers of the home". He says if it is for today than we should not use electricity or drive automobiles. I do not agree with him nevertheless I am going to follow his vision without compromising what God lays on my heart to do. I just find that when I try to obey the word without the conviction, direction or open door to do so it always ends up at a dead end road.

Tears_of_Joy wrote:

Quote:
If your husband or pastor asks from you to go and sell drugs or steal, will you obey him?

According to your way of thinking, you should obey them, am I right? But according to the Word 'We ought to obey God rather than men. ' (Acts 5:29)

And as you said that 'Women working outside of the home is from feminism' and thinking that stealing or something else is a 'big issue', and obey and doing something that is 'from feminism' is 'not so big deal', maybe with the excuse 'I need to provide for the family', it's a big lie and deception. I hope that you know well who is the invertor of the feminism, and what has caused already, not in the world, but in the church.

Everything has an order in the Scriptures, proper order, proper priorities. There is no much place for confusion when we are ready and willing to obey what is written.

I wish my mother was here (and knew english) and give a testimonies, how she reacted and reacts when it was required from my father to do something that is not from God. When a person is deciding to stand for God and the biblical truth first, then see what the Lord could do through that person and how the enemies will bow their heads in shame, because they wanted to touch God's servant, and will give testimony that the victory is Lord's and that they cannot go against what HE says. I have seen this first hand in my home. But if you decide not to stand for the truth, and just give up the battle with poor excuses for lying the conscience, there will be no victory nor a testimony for the Lord on your lips. But just a miserable life. If there are no battles, there will be no victories. If we draw back, the Lord says that He has no pleasure in us.

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here. How are women supposed to know at what time to obey and what time not to and where do you see an allowance for that because I don't see one except for direct rebellion against God. What would you refer to as direct rebellion against God? Would you say by me not staying home and homeschooling?

2009/1/9 15:56
basileia

Re:

It isn't about our authority but His Authority..His Rule, His Governing(Kingdom) in and through the church( ekklesia: called out). In Eph.5 it speaks of the mystery of Christ and the church( ekklesia: called out).

The joining of a man and a woman in marriage relationship, being made one flesh, is to showforth the relationship of Christ and the called out..ones. Love is the royal( kingly, sovereign, preeminent) law which fulfills all righteousness..right-relating, right-relationship.
The two made one are in mutual submission and reverence( honour) to Christ Who is the Head. The Head is His Governing. In light of His Kingdom then, how are we( made one) to be governing ourselves toward one another? We were made to have dominion over the earth, not one another..lording over one another but in Love prefering one another.

Say for an example of times we may come too: a decision needs be made that the husband and wife can not find agreement upon. What do they do? Together they go before the Father and ask of Him, willing to lay down whatever the thoughts may be concerning and take up His..not my will but Yours be done. We know that His Kingdom is righteousness, joy and peace in Holy Spirit and so Who/what is the ruling foundation which the husband and wife are to be, making an open display of Christ and His Kingdom?

Issuing out of this most blessed communion of union in Him and He within, He and His Kingdom is made known..manifested. Which effects every sphere of life.

blessings..as we seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness! :-)

2009/1/9 16:51Profile

Re:

Quote:

basileia wrote:
It isn't about our authority but His Authority..His Rule, His Governing(Kingdom) in and through the church( ekklesia: called out). In Eph.5 it speaks of the mystery of Christ and the church( ekklesia: called out).

I read that once in a Greek new testament. Everywhere where you would see the word 'church' it said 'out-called'.

Quote:
The two made one are in mutual submission and reverence( honour) to Christ Who is the Head.

That word "mutual" is a good way of describing it. I don't feel that a woman going against her husband is at all mutual. Annanias and Sapphira is a different story and something women have to be constantly on gaurd for. The story of Abigail on the "Revive Our Hearts" websight is another good example. My husband is a great father and provider to our kids and desires them to have an education like he had. His heart is in the right place and for anyone to say it is not is being judgmental. We just need to be careful.

2009/1/9 17:32
basileia

Re:

Hello Rebecca,

I'm honestly unsure of what you are speaking of concerning your husband. I responded to the very first post and then to Chrisssss *smiles*

Did i maybe click on the wrong reply button? I really don't know..i'm new to how this forum works lol

Re. you may want to reread what i shared? It is an inner Governing manifesting outwardly. I can think of no greater than that of Love...now that is true authority..being Himself..God is Love. We can of our own selves do nothing, but that which is born/birthed of the Spirit is that which is profitable. If we look at the fruit of the Spirit, which is His character, we can see all flows from Love( agape'). Now remains faith, hope and Love but the greatest of these is Love.

It is a Love that will take one to Gethsemane in abandoned Love for the Father that the nevertheless not my will be done but Yours...surrender and obedience. Jesus understands greatly the battle of the will, so much so that He sweat great drops of blood, yet in utter abandoned Love of the Father, surrendered His and obeyed the Father's...and for whom? you, me, us!

It is a Love that will take one to the cross, where the self-life is crucified and newness of Life comesforth. Our spirit man enlarged, our minds renewed according to His Governing (Kingdom), our bodies brought under subjection..Jesus is Lord..in outward display.

It is not a `happening' all at once, but a going from glory to glory..., the need of dying daily and transformation...the Resurrection and the Life being made known..in outward display.

blessings,~ as we seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~

:-)
*made an edit from golgotha to gethsemane :-)

2009/1/9 22:21Profile

Re:

Quote:

basileia wrote:

It is a Love that will take one to the cross, where the self-life is crucified and newness of Life comesforth. Our spirit man enlarged, our minds renewed according to His Governing (Kingdom), our bodies brought under subjection..Jesus is Lord..in outward display.

It is not a `happening' all at once, but a going from glory to glory..., the need of dying daily and transformation...the Resurrection and the Life being made known..in outward display.

blessings,~ as we seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~

:-)
*made an edit from golgotha to gethsemane :-)

That's good teaching. :-)

Your right, the emphasis should be on pleasing God not one another.

Ephesians 5:20-22
20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

[b]21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.[/b]

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

The key here is "in the fear of God" and it seems there is very little teaching on submitting one to another. This is not just speaking of husbnads and wives but men and women. If we are operating in holy spirit than we should be submitting to that. If you recognize the other is being spirit led than the emphasis should be on that not the fact that you are a man or a woman.

I'm glad my husband takes that into consideration but not alot of men do. We seek to please the Lord but everyone still has their different view of things. Holidays is on example of that. Not everyone sees a holy-day as a holy-day but just another day.

2009/1/10 3:34

Re:

Lysa wrote:

Quote:
This so reminds me of gagging at a gnat and swallowing a camel... what difference does it have to do with whether a woman is married or not, if she can preach.

I can agree with you in regards to straining at a gnat while swallowing a camel because it's not a commandment that women who are single only can be preachers. There have been married women who were preachers, I was generalizing.

However, the reason why I chose to single out single women is because of this verse here:
Quote:
1 Corinthians 7:34 There is [a] difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

Quote:
I don't mean to pick on you deepthinker

Oh your not, I sense your sincerity. ;-)

2009/1/10 10:29

Re:

Well the whole subject of women vs men OA preachers can get rather ridiculous unless you really do have a true conviction and I really do respect those that do. I have no problem at all with those that really do not think it is a woman's place to. But according to scripture people can preach for different reasons in or out of the church.

Alot of preachers would fall into the envy and strife catagory:

Philippians 1:15-17
15Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

16The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

17But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

If your going to preach open air it's best to just do it and not tell anyone but your husband what you are doing because most likely whoever finds out about it usually won't have anything positive to say and they will discourage you. That has been my experience. I find that I preach better when I keep things to myself and it helps me to stay focused. You really are just asking for it when you ask people what they think, sorry to say.

2009/1/10 14:50
basileia

Re:

oooh i agree with you Rebbeca about the women verses men. I think this speaks rather loud in itself, don't you? The word: verses which denotes a competing and then we bring that into `position' rather than function. For instance: apostle, prophet, shepherd, evangelist, teacher are not positions or what some may have termed as an `office' but rather servanthood functions within the body. What man( when i say man i am speaking of mankind/male/female) has done is place these as heads. whoa..strange looking creature that would be..we have One Head..not five lol These are set in( whether male or female)the body for what purpose? These are members of the body with a specific function as all members have and He has done according as it pleased Him.

The eyes do not lord over the rest of body, but function in giving sight. The ears do not lord over the body but function in hearing, soforth and so on. We can not say of any member, whether male or female..we have no need of you. Every member is vital to the functioning of the whole. He has placed us within the body so intricately that there be no schisms..division, gaps..but that we should have the same care one for another.

In all of this, in Pauls writing he says..i show you a more excellent way. The 1Cor.13 which we all know..follows his previous.

So why do we still look upon the outward appearence..the outer shell? Is that not "of the world"? of which we His church( ekklesia: called out) are just to BE that? called out of..the kingdom( governing) of darkness and into His Kingdom of Light.

i'm not just sharing here with you Rebecca or directing these things to you but whoever might be reading along *smiles*

"Til we all come in the unity(oneness) of the faith and the knoweldge( recognition, disernable appearing) of the Son of God, unto a perfect( complete, whole, full age) man, unto the measure( degree) of the stature( maturity) of the fullness of Christ."

i like the way the Mess. trans. says this Eph.3:14-19

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

blessings, as we ~ seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~

:-) :-)

2009/1/10 18:27Profile

Re:

Quote:

basileia wrote:
oooh i agree with you Rebbeca about the women verses men. I think this speaks rather loud in itself, don't you? The word: verses which denotes a competing and then we bring that into `position' rather than function. For instance: apostle, prophet, shepherd, evangelist, teacher are not positions or what some may have termed as an `office' but rather servanthood functions within the body. What man( when i say man i am speaking of mankind/male/female) has done is place these as heads. whoa..strange looking creature that would be..we have One Head..not five lol These are set in( whether male or female)the body for what purpose? These are members of the body with a specific function as all members have and He has done according as it pleased Him.

The eyes do not lord over the rest of body, but function in giving sight. The ears do not lord over the body but function in hearing, soforth and so on. We can not say of any member, whether male or female..we have no need of you. Every member is vital to the functioning of the whole. He has placed us within the body so intricately that there be no schisms..division, gaps..but that we should have the same care one for another.

In all of this, in Pauls writing he says..i show you a more excellent way. The 1Cor.13 which we all know..follows his previous.

So why do we still look upon the outward appearence..the outer shell? Is that not "of the world"? of which we His church( ekklesia: called out) are just to BE that? called out of..the kingdom( governing) of darkness and into His Kingdom of Light.

i'm not just sharing here with you Rebecca or directing these things to you but whoever might be reading along *smiles*

"Til we all come in the unity(oneness) of the faith and the knoweldge( recognition, disernable appearing) of the Son of God, unto a perfect( complete, whole, full age) man, unto the measure( degree) of the stature( maturity) of the fullness of Christ."

i like the way the Mess. trans. says this Eph.3:14-19

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

blessings, as we ~ seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~

:-) :-)

Amen. Thanks that is so encouraging and thank you for your prayers. I can always use some prayer! :-) I really sense the Lord in what you are saying and appreciate your love for the Lord, the body of Christ and your desire to see souls saved.

I remember one time I was so discouraged and I wrote Times Square Church asking about women preaching open air and one of the pastors replied to me and said (not word for word but basically) "well you said you appreciate the preaching of Teresa Conlon don't you? Well so do we so you should do as you feel led and keep preaching."

What else can you do? Should you not do as you feel led and do what someone else says you should? Hey, if you do what you feel God wants you to and find later you were wrong as with anything just repent and go in a different direction.

I think it's ok to get advice but then you have to pray and go from there. All of this talk is getting me in the spirit to go preaching. 8-)

2009/1/10 21:49
basileia

Re:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Lk.4:18

preach on sister, proclaim, hearld the Good News!

blessings as we, ~seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness~

2009/1/11 2:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy