SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : REVIVAL: Sialkot Prayer Initiative

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JamesMcg

Croydon, South London, UK

Re: Sialkot prayer teams

Sorry meant to post this as a reply but put it up as a new thread.

A couple of things: re questions about pronunciation of 'Sialkot' I've just gone to Dictionary.com where there is a pronunciation key.

Apparently it is pronounced 'see - ahhl - kote'
Thats how I worked it out, check it out see what you think.

The other thing is I have been greatly impressed by the thought of being an active tool for the Lord in encouraging revival. I cannot do more than the Lord permits, he is currently blessing me with the desire for a middle of the night 'quiet time' with him, it is the only time that will work for me as I have a two year old son and another on the way end of Oct (God is Great ) I fervently pray he will continue this desire in me.

Over the last six months my soul has been nourished greatly by Greg's work, the sermons have been an enormous teaching and inspiration to me. My wife and I have ditched the tv and we are both daily seeking a more intimate relationship with the Lord through His Word and through prayer.

After reading the book on Praying Hyde I have the desire to structure my prayers more effectively and really petition the Lord through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Charles Finney lectures have opened my eyes to the fact that a revival is no more miraculous than a crop of wheat. We need to be the instigators.

I would like to partner with one or more people and group together remotely to pray for revival in each others areas. For example I am based in Croydon, a suburb south of London, my prayers for revival in my area go in order: a revival in my heart, in my household, in my church, in my street, in my town etc. I want to pray for others of you who are also keen for the same revival in your hearts, households, churches and streets. The Lord is not limited by geography and I believe small online groups of us can band together to pray for physical groups to be formed in our locality with like minded people, this seems to me like a good way of starting a fire !!

I'm keen to hear your thoughts...

2004/8/10 9:03Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

James,

I couldn't agree with you more. I, too, desire to be used by the Lord in whatever way He desires. I know that the Lord IS calling for, looking for a man, a woman, someone, anyone, who will die to themselves, their desires, their dreams, their plans, and seek His face. And as we seek Him first, and His righteousness, all 'these things' will be added unto us.

And the 'these things' is the reviving of His Bride, who is not only asleep, but in a coma, on life support, connected and sustained by tubes and breathing machines. She has been 'asleep' for so long she is atrophying...and the only thing that will waken her is the only thing that could waken the 12 year old girl in the gospel of Mark 5:35-42.
Jesus must take us by the hand and speak life in to us. He must say to us, 'Arise'.
"Therefore He says: "Arise, you who sleep, arise from the dead and Christ shall give thee light"" Ephesians 5:14.
The time has come for us to awaken out of our sleep. Let's band together in prayer for our hearts, our households, our churches and our streets. My family (four little ones), and yours, (soon to be two little ones).
What a blessing! :-)

2004/8/20 0:45Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: Sialkot Prayer Initiative

What happened to The Sialkot Prayer Initiative?

Mrs. Fred

2004/9/23 14:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
What happened to The Sialkot Prayer Initiative?

Hi Mrs fred thanks for asking about the Sialkot Intiative. I have decided prayerfully to not promote and work on it anymore at this time. It has helped at least to my knoweldge 2-3 prayer groups to be formed and using the name and format. This is a blessing and I know the Lord is using this for His glory but I am hesitant to make it too mainstream and too organized. God will burden my heart to really get it going in His time. I would love feedback etc.

2004/9/23 15:14Profile
Rafiki

His Hands

Re: REVIVAL: Sialkot Prayer Initiative

This is really good, thank you.

2004/9/23 15:25Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

I made a flyer with the heading you'd created with John Hyde's picture, plus the text of the initiative. Our hard drive crashed and we lost it and I see it's not on here anymore. But that's okay, we still have it posted under the calendar in the kitchen.

I've been following it, maybe others have too. Anything that promotes prayer is good, Greg, don't worry. You don't have to head up anything or get too organized.

2004/9/24 3:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy