SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: Early Anabaptism Audio Series

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Bless his heart and yours for explaining that this man was just as human as Elijah or Peter or us.
Bless you as well for leaving that last link to that sermon. Why he would say that he's not a prophet, I wouldn't know neither, because that was a prophetic message.
I'm very touched and very blessed by hearing that message that was from the beginning - from Abel, to the O.T. prophets, to the Apostles and through Church history, right up until today. I never tire of hearing of those that love Him unto the death.
Before I came back to find your post with the link to that message - I don't know why, but "Wedding Vows" came to my mind but it came not as normally spoken before the LORD at the altar. It came as "In sickness and in death" [instead of health] and I asked The LORD, "Why am I hearing it said that way?" ... and I smiled so big as I felt the answer was because that's His Bride's Wedding Vows.
And this as well came to mind after his message - "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world. THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love Him, Because He first loved us."

Thank you so much for posting that message.
Blessing GOD that He's given you the gift of storing up the right foods and the knowledge of how and when to pass those out.
Keep on, Brother. I'm know you've been helping more than just me on here. GOD Bless.

2012/6/5 18:14

Re: The Anabaptist of Today

I have listened to the third message in this audio series regarding the anabaptist. The message dealt with glassenheit. I may not be spelling this right. But the word implies total surrender to the will of God. What Oswald Chambers would imply total abandonment unto God.

The early anabaptist surrendered themselves to the will of God. Even to the point of persecution and death. It is incredible to read about these saints 500 years ago and what they lost and suffered for Jesus. Their stories as recounted in Martyrs Mirror are incredible. But in our minds are far removed. Almost as removed as the first century Christians who died in the arena in Rome.

May I introduce you to the anabaptist of today. It is called the persecuted church. Primarily the persecuted church in the 10/40 window. 500 years ago for a person to embrace Jesus and be baptized by immersion as a believer would be a death sentence. Today for a Moslem to come to faith in Jesus Christ and be baptized is a death sentence. There are believers who have death sentences against them in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

In N. Korea the average life expectancy of an evangelist is about 3 to 6 months. Did you know that 3 generations of ones family can be arrested in N. Korea. Execution woukd be an instant mercy. The N. Koreans death camps are a certain slow made death. Presently 40,000 believers are imprisoned in N. Korea. Yet the gospel is growing there.

I doubt very seriouy if anyone on Sermon Index has heard of Isaisas Afworky. Or probably Eritrea. That alright. Up until a few years ago I had never heard of either. Isaias is the brutal dictated of Eritrea. He hates Christians. Have you ever seen a shipping container? Approximately 3000 believers in Jesus are imprisoned in those shipping containers. Some in the most horrid conditions. By the way the United States has diplomatic relations with Eritrea. But no word has ever been raised by our government regarding the persecuted believers.

Time does not permit me to speak of China or Iran or India. I invite you to go to Voice of the Martyrs or Open Doors or Christians in Chrisis to verify if what I am sharing is true. The persecuted church us a reality. For surely these are the modern anabaptist of today.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/5 18:23
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

Its true what he is saying its should not only be theology but also reality.

2012/6/11 6:25Profile

Re:

Brother it was reality to a saint martyred in Tunisia a few days who.

Bear.

2012/6/11 7:42
proudpapa

Re:

bump

2013/9/27 0:43Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Bump up for brother Bear,

2014/4/24 13:08Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN