SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: Early Anabaptism Audio Series

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Thanks, ChrisJD, for bringing us back to CHRIST. Apart from Him we are nothing, apart from Him we can do nothing, and apart from Him nothing matters.

So doctrine is secondary to Christ.
Words are secondary to Him.
CHRIST is all and in all...
Know Him and speak words if you have to.

2009/1/20 15:59Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

And also,

[b][color=660000] Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchers of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchers.[/color][/b]

- Luke 11:47-48(KJV)

2009/1/20 16:01Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

From King David,

"For I have heard the slander of many: fear [i]was[/i] on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life...

...Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous."

- Psalm 31 verses 13 and 18(KJV)

...[i]depart from me therefore, ye bloody men. [/i]

2009/1/20 16:43Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Greetings all,

Dear Ruach34,

All praise and glory be to God Who alone is worthy of praise.

I wanted to suggest if I could, that I think there are at least three warnings in the words of the Lord Jesus that were qouted:

One, of thinking that we are not capable of doing the things that the fathers did.

Two, of perhaps undue honor or attention to those of the past.

And three, and which seems to be very important here, of not doing or saying anything to suggest that we approve of the deeds of those who have killed men and women of God. Even those that He has sent.

2009/1/20 17:51Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

I have been going over this series again, thank God for brother denny and his heart, and i strongly recommend those that have not gone through these messages to do so.

2012/4/29 15:05Profile

Re: Rich Treasure

I have listened to the first audio download and it is rich. Danny Keaston does an excellent job bringing Anabaptist history into inpirational messages. And making it relevant to our life. I would commend this series to anyone who has not listened to it.

In the first message one thing did come out. The Anabaptist were willing to embrace the gospel of Christ and run with it. As such they suffered for their belief to follow Christ even in believers baptism. They had no one to defend them but God himself.

Yet Luther and Calvin both enjoyed the protection of the state and suffered little, if any, persecution. Yet Luther and Calvin are exalted in church history. The Anabaptist are villanized over Munster. This is why I am glad for these messages by Danny Keaston, to give a more balanced history of what we call the reformation.

Several years ago I read two books by Leonard Verduin entitled The Reformers and their Stepchildren and Anatomy of a Hybrid. Verduin, himself of Christian Reformed suasion, gives a synoathetic treatment to the,Anabatist in his two books. Both worth reading for anyone interested in Anabaptist history.

Bearmaster.

2012/5/13 23:40

Re:

One of the moderators posted an excellent article about Michael Sattler. He was one of the early Anabaptist. As I read the article and what Sattler believed I found myself agreeing with this dear saint who was martyred for his faith in Christ. Basically he believed one was saved through faith in Jesus Christ and one had to live out the reality of that faith by deeds wrought from the heart.

Bearnaster.

2012/5/14 0:13

Re:

As I have been reflecting upon this messages of the Anabaptist it dawned on me they were a snall, depised group of believers. Yet the quality if their simple lives in Christ spike volumes. It was not so much the doctrine they beluved in their minds as more what they held in their hearts. More what the believers lived out in Christ dwelling in their hearts through faith.

I am thinking that the Ababaptist were a small remnant of believers whose lives spoke volumes. Makes me wonder what God is saying to us in these times. Particularly to the remnant of believers in America.

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/5/15 6:39

Re: History Made Alive

I have listened to the first two messages of this series and find them to be rich with the truth of Jesus Christ. As a matter of fact I have had to listen to the first two messages twice to get their full import. Even though I could listen to Brother Denny several times I doubt very seriously if I could ever get the full thrust of these messages. I look forward to listening to the rest of these messages.

The second message spoke much to my heart. In this message Brother Denny spoke about the difference between the reformers and the anabaptist. The reformers were more concerned about beliving right. The anabaptist were more concerned about living right. One was s head trip. The other was a heart trip.

If anyone has not listened to these messages I woukd commend them. Brother Denny is taking a little known group in church history and bringing them to life. There is much relevance for what the anabaptist would say to us today.

Bearmaster.

2012/5/30 8:40
Josef83

Sweden

Re: MUST HEAR: Early Anabaptism Audio Series

Well in that case if the life of the anabaptist is true christianity then I should go back to the charismatics and faith movement becahse there they had life but bad doctrine.
They were radical for Christ.

2012/6/4 17:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy