SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question about Ray Comfort witnessing to Taylor and others.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Question about Ray Comfort witnessing to Taylor and others.

This is a very good 2 part video of Ray witnessing to a man named Taylor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA8PGWQ_wtg&feature=channel

2009/1/4 14:51

Re: Ray Comfort witnessing to Taylor

I would say that Ray is definetly a grain of wheat that has died to himself.

2009/1/4 17:06

Re:

My dearest brothers and sisters at SI. I have an observation. I may be very inaccurate in what I am observing. Please help me if you can.

I have posted three different posts recently.

One on Wretched radio with Todd Friel. During that time he was at the minnesota state fair witnessing to more people than most of us might witness to in 5 years.
I also posted two very powerfull witnessing on the radio by Ray comfort.
These posts recived many viewers. On one of them I tried to stimulate convo with an observation or two.

The response was zip.

However many other topics get lots of response, The trinity, obama,women preachers,FALSE TEACHINGS,once saved alswasy saved, etc etc etc.

The key focus of SI is revival.

One of the key fruits of revival,in my opinion, is evangelism.
These three posts that I did exemplify prime evangelism. Talking to sinners were they are at. Sharing with them the WHOLE counsel of God that they might be saved.

The response again from SI veiwers was a defening silence, in my opinion.
I keep saying my opinion because that's exactly what it is, subject to error.
Can anyone help me anout this observation? Am I making a little to much of nothing? Did everyone who saw the videos think hey cool I agree with this and no problems here? ??

2009/1/7 20:48
bible1985

Re:

no you our not off at all, i guess most people our just not interested in the subject right now or maybe ray comfort is not an interest of theirs i really don't know but i am sorry myself i haven't been feeling that great the past few months but the last 2 days i have so i am sorry. If i was mentally feeling good i would most definitely check it out. Ray comfort is one my fvorites to listen too.

2009/1/7 21:05Profile

Re:

Thanks for responding bible1985. I hope you continue to feel better!

2009/1/8 6:31
notmyown

Re:

I know what you're saying - I've noticed the same myself that not many have commented on Ray Comfort in the past.

I've just recieved some of his tracts in the post plus a couple of DVD's on Athiesm and Evolution. I've watch a series of his Way of the Master DVD's with a youth group in the past and found it a great help for street evangelism or even everyday witnessing.

I guess people cant really get into a theological debate about his work! :-)

2009/1/8 7:12Profile

Re:

notmyown said,

"I guess people cant really get into a theological debate about his work!"

The fruit of revival is a freedom from "theological debating" and a presence of warm hearts toward one another as well as a renewed burden for the salvation of souls.
Soooooooo.....?

2009/1/8 18:26
scotty81

Re:

I like ray's mission work and approach, but boy he really just needs to stick to preaching the gospel alone.

He makes up these logical analogies, in an attempt to make the gospel seem simple but some of them are wrong. Like a famous one is his banana example, even though unfortunately it's been proven wrong.

an atheist groups shows him up for this example and I can't disagree with them. Doesn't really make our arguements look good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yArPNtiQDcM

2009/1/8 19:38Profile

Re:

Dear friend Scotty, please be careful about giving credit on things disproved by atheist. They can sound very wise but it is "wordly wise" it is not the wisdom from above. Having said that, who am I to give you caution? I give you caution with the greatest care. I beleive you are more important than I. I just give this as a caution. God bless you and keep you my dear friend.

2009/1/8 19:52
int3grity

Re:

Brother Thingsabove, GOD bless you for your heart for evangelism. I still remember when my friend sent me a link to a video of ray witnessing to someone and when I saw it I began to weep and said, "this is what it's all about".

GOD began a work in me from that point where I looked into all of the old preachers that Ray and Todd would quote regarding using the Law in evangelism and the reality of true and false conversion and the holiness of GOD. Since they were mostly Calvinists that they were quoting I was introduced to the precious doctrines of grace.

Now, after wrestling through those doctrines and believong in GOD's sovereignty I, by HIS grace, am witnessing to new people almost daily with confidence in the power of the Gospel and not my own power of persuasion of the unregenerate will of man.

I am so thankful that GOD raised up Ray Comfort and the Way of the Master ministry to equip the saints to preach the Gospel. I have seen more fruit from that ministry in the conversion and lives of friends and Church family and also pastors than any other ministry. We now preach the Gospel every saturday at the busy bar section in Edmonton and GOD gives regular witnessing opportunities on an almost daily basis! It is so envigorating to be obeying the great comission of our LORD and to know that salvation is in HIS sovereign hands and therefore we need not fear ANY PERSON or circumstance!

Brother, if you are in Canada I can send you the custom Canadian million dollar bills we are having made. They were professionally designed by Marv from onemilliontracts.com (definately check out his web site for great tracts) and we spent many hours working on the Gospel message. I think I may post it for critique from sermon index readers. The millions should be printed within a month. Drop me an email at [email protected]

2009/1/8 20:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy