SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Wayward Sons – Heartbroken Mother

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Wayward Sons – Heartbroken Mother

I cannot bear to go into the details, but today I had to tell my 2 sons (both over 18) to move out. They had been given warnings that they chose to ignore. And it got to the point that I felt like Eli, dishonoring God by allowing the sons’ behavior.

All I’ve done today is cry and I know the days ahead will be difficult. I don’t even know what else to say except that I desperately need your prayers.

Danielle

2009/1/3 23:29Profile
HeartSong

Re: Wayward Sons – Heartbroken Mother

I will be praying Danielle - oh these matters of the heart . . .

2009/1/4 0:18Profile
Compton

May God's tender comfort be upon you in your sorrow.

Feeling all too often a hapless father myself, I've lamented many times with my dear wife that a person's opportunities to be heartbroken in this life rise in direct proportion to the number of children they have. It is a pain that most children cannot understand until they themselves are parents.

A few scriptures to comfort you and perhaps assure you...

Regarding your difficult course of action:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing...

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away...

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak..."
Ecclesiastes 3

We can look to God trusting that our children, even our older and wayward ones, are still being watched over...even if he must wisely chasten them.

"Yet they say, "My Lord deserted us; he has forgotten us."
"Never! Can a mother forget her little child and not have love for her own son? Yet even if that should be, I will not forget you.
See, I have tattooed your name upon my palm..."
Isaiah 49.14-16

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:10"

Blessings,

MC

2009/1/4 0:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Dear Danielle,

My prayers sister ... I cannot imagine the difficulty of this.

2009/1/4 1:09Profile
MaryJane

Dear sister

I will be praying for you. I know this is so difficult for you. I will be praying for you to find comfort in the Lord and that your boys will during this time away from home reflect on their behavior and see how dearly you love them in taking this step in hopes that they would return to Him.

God Bless you sister
MJ

2009/1/4 1:18Profile
JoanM

Dear Sister,

I think we all feel your pain and weep with you. Thank you Father that you do comfort us. I recall how deeply Israel hurt the heart of God and then the heart of Jesus. You must be feeling some of that. I am one that hurt the heart of her mother for at least a year. Who knows how many years she held her breath and prayed hanging on to God. I will forever be thankful to God that we both lived long enough to rejoice together in the pure Divine Love and Wisdom of God.

I too am praying for you in these days. Maybe a bit odd here, but I am thinking you are one that knows the Joy of the Lord is your strength.

I will also join you in praying for these two men in your life. He knows the longings of your heart for the very ones He knit together in your womb. He knew what He was doing as they formed there, knows from the beginning to the end. The Arm of God is long and He knows how to Father, your sons and all of us.

Confidence in God and the sufficiency of His Love
Joan

2009/1/4 2:56Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Dear Sister Danielle,

Unfortunately there are far too many of us that can empathize from having this pain. Our Heavenly Father expressed that same pain all through the book of Hosea with Ephraim.

But there is hope for prodigals after they have been in the far country.

I will be praying.

Clint

2009/1/4 4:49Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Danielle,

You know dear Sister I'm you with this. I have prayed that you would be filled with wisdom and grace in all this.

He will so honor your obedience to Him and I know the days ahead will be rough but my biggest desire is that the Lord will part the waters before you and that you will see how He Himself will watch over your sons as well. Our children are VERY precious to Him and not just to us. I remember when I realised that, I knew it would be okay.

May they have food, shelter, and a strong presence of the Holy Spirit.

Keep us all posted. I see so many in the churches that have no fear that their children will end up in hell and I feel, myself, that I have been given a responsibilty to be their guide until they are grounded in the Lord.

Praise God that you truly care for their eternal conditions.

God Bless Sister, Kathleen

2009/1/4 9:01Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

I want to thank everyone so much for the outpouring of support. Reading your responses helped me make it through last night. I mean that. I felt so alone, then Heartsong was there, then Compton, then Mike…..all of you.

I cried this morning, I went to church and cried, then went to a friend’s house and cried. I’ll probably cry tonight.

BUT, this morning as I listened to a message by John Piper, the truth of the sovereignty of God brought me great comfort. The tendency is to slip into self-pity, and I don’t want to do that. Even here, in this situation (and maybe especially in this situation) there exists the potential for God to be glorified. This is my desire.

I also was able to contact a brother at my church who has worked for 10 years in ministry to addicts. Joshua (my older son) will be meeting with him tomorrow at 2:45. Please pray for Joshua and for the brother who will be working with him (Roger).

Danielle

2009/1/4 19:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Danielle,

Be encouraged...I know EXACTLY what you are going through: been there, done that, unfortunately. And I can tell you from experience that to have wayward children is a lot harder to deal with then having a child die and we did that, too. Yes, we buried a 25 YO DD and have two wayward sons.

I well know the conflict a wayward child brings into the home. There is that constant strife one must live with and that just about kills a mother because she loves so much and it hurts so deeply to see a child spurn it.

One day as I was mulling our sons' decisions and wondered where we went wrong. I remembered a saying that was common back then: "that if you teach your children right, to trust you that when they get older they will transfer that trust to God" and since this was not happening, I concluded we must have failed miserably. Anyhow, as I was pondering on this issue, the Holy Spirit so clearly told me "You forget about being God, you be mom and let me be GOD!" Oh! praise the LORD! I thought "Yes, I can do that! I will be mom and back off and let God be God, let him take charge and responsibility for this child's salvation." This concept has lifted a huge burden off of me.

In the meantime, I still grieve when I see a deadness in his eyes. But I know God knows all about it and I will continue to pray. And another difficult thing is to realize that people make choices and if they choose to go to hell, you cannot stop it. Tragic, I know and God knows it better then we. I have concluded that God's anger against people who spurn his salvation is well justified.

God bless you and if you want to PM me you can do so or email me if you need a shoulder to cry on....

Love and blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/1/4 20:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy