Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : brother's death

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

brother's death

My oldest brother died suddenly this week and I was asked by his wife to preach his funeral. He was a Christian, but there are members of his family and many cousins and friends that are not. Please pray for me that God may speak through me. The funeral is Saturday morning.

Clint

2009/1/1 11:45Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: brother's death

Brother Clint,

I will be praying for you and your family that the Lord would have His way, and that you all would be comforted in this time of sorrow.

Mike

2009/1/1 11:52Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

My prayers brother.

Thank God that he was right with the Lord. I pray that the Lord will use his funeral as a moment to bring his family members and friends to the realization that eternity awaits them all.

Danielle

2009/1/1 12:08Profile

Dear brother Clint

I will pray that the Holy Spirit shall go before you. That each heart that attends the funeral, will be comforted, but that they will also be open to whatever words the Lord gives you. Dear Father in heaven, may hard hearts be tilled, may clods be broken down, and may the hearers understand the finality of this life in the context of their own eternal souls. May those who already know you Lord be comforted at this time Lord. Your grace and mercy and love are sweet and your comfort is a beautiful thing......In the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus.

2009/1/1 12:48
Nellie

May God help you, Brother Clint.
So sorry about your Brother.
He's with my Brother now, but mainly He's with the Lord.
God Bless
Nellie

2009/1/1 12:53Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Will be praying.

2009/1/2 17:05Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Prayed for you, brother.

2009/1/2 18:13Profile

Nellie wrote: "He's with my Brother now, but mainly He's with the Lord."
Along with my dad!
Brother Clint, my heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time, and I will be praying for you as the Spirit leads.
May the comfort and the peace of our Wonderful Counsellor bring healing to your heart and rest to your mind~
Your sister in Christ,
Joy

2009/1/2 18:19
JoanM

I am praying also Brother Clint.

Your post was the first post I saw after the featured sermon "A Grain of Wheat" was posted and thoughts about that phrase continue to inform my prayer both for his unsaved family members and those that knew him when he came earlier to an end of "his" life.

Hearts will be open. No one goes to a funeral without considering their own death. May you share with the heart your brother would if he could speak to those that come.

2009/1/2 20:21Profile
HeartSong

I will be praying also Brother Clint.

My uncle passed away on Christmas morning. At the funeral, as the family walked into the sanctuary, they played the Hallelujah Chorus on the huge pipe organ and my heart rejoiced - and then I saw all of the woeful faces and I wanted to cry. It is like being caught between two worlds.

2009/1/2 20:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy