Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Worship at its best

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Worship at its best

Majesty unspeakable, my soul desires to behold Thee. I cry to Thee from the dust.
Yet when I inquire after Thy name it is secret. Thou art hidden in the light which no man can approach unto. What Thou art cannot be thought or uttered, for Thy glory is ineffable.
Still, prophet and psalmist, apostle and saint have encouraged me to believe that I may in some measure know Thee.
Therefore, I pray,
whatever of Thyself Thou hast been pleased to disclose, help me to search out as treasure more precious than rubies or the merchandise of fine gold:
for with Thee shall I live when the stars of the twilight are no more and the heavens have vanished away and only Thou remainest.
Amen.

A.W.T.

2004/7/24 6:41Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Worship at its best

I would trust Thee completely; I would be altogether Thine; I would exalt Thee above all.
I desire that I may feel no sense of possessing anything outside of Thee.
I want constantly to be aware of Thy overshadowing Presence and to hear Thy speaking Voice.
I long to live in restful sincerity of heart.
I want to live so fully in the Spirit that all my thought may be as sweet incense ascending to Thee and every part of my life may be an act of worship.
Therefore I pray in the word of Thy great servant of old, “I beseech Thee so for to cleanse the intent of mine heart with the unspeakable gift of Thy grace, that I may perfectly love Thee and worthily praise Thee.”
And all this I confidently believe Thou wilt grant me through the merits of Jesus Christ Thy Son.

A.W.T.

2004/7/24 16:03Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Father I want to know Thee, but my coward heart fears to give up its toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from Thee the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do come.
Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival. Then shalt Thou make the place of Thy feet glorious. Then shall my heart have no need of the sun to shine in it, for Thyself wilt be the light of it, and there shall be no night there. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

“The Blessedness of Possessing Nothing”
The Pursuit of God
A.W. Tozer

2004/7/27 9:53Profile
lwpray

Sweden

O God, quicken to life every power within me, that I may lay hold on eternal things. Open my eyes that I may see; give me acute spiritual perception; enable me to taste Thee and know that Thou art good. Make heaven more real to me than any earthly thing has ever been.

“Apprehending God”
The Pursuit of God
A.W. Tozer

2004/7/28 15:02Profile
lwpray

Sweden

O God,
please give me three wounds;
the wound of contrition
and the wound of compassion
and the wound of longing after God.

2004/8/2 10:59Profile
lwpray

Sweden

O Lord, I have heard a good word inviting me to look away to Thee and be satisfied. My heart longs to respond, but sin has clouded my vision till I see Thee but dimly.
Be pleased to cleanse me in Thine own precious blood, and make me inwardly pure, so that I may with unveiled eyes gaze upon Thee all the days of my earthly pilgrimage.
Then shall I be prepared to behold Thee in full splendor in the day when Thou shalt appear to be glorified in Thy saints and admired in all them that believe.

A.W.T.

2004/8/4 16:36Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Lord, teach me to listen. The times are noisy and my ears are weary with the thousand raucous sounds which continuously assault them. Give me the spirit of the boy Samuel when he said to Thee, “Speak, for thy servant heareth.” Let me hear Thee speaking in my heart. Let me get used to the sound of Thy voice, that its tones may be familiar when the sounds of earth die away and the only sound will be the music of Thy speaking voice.

A.W.T.

2004/8/21 11:23Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Lord, make me childlike. Deliver me from the urge to compete with another for place or prestige or position.
I would be simple and artless as a little child. Deliver me from pose and pretense.
Forgive me for thinking of myself. Help me to forget myself and find my true peace in beholding Thee.
That Thou mayest answer this prayer I humble myself before Thee. Lay upon me Thy easy yoke of self-forgetfulness that through it I may find rest.

A.W.T.

2004/9/5 11:45Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Lord, how excellent are Thy ways, and how devious and dark are the ways of man. Show us how to die, that we may rise again to newness of life. Rend the veil of our self-life from the top down as Thou didst rend the veil of the Temple. We would draw near in full assurance of faith. We would dwell with Thee in daily experience here on this earth so that we may be accustomed to the glory when we enter Thy heaven to dwell with Thee there. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

A.W.T.
“Removing the Veil”
The Pursuit of God

2004/9/7 14:20Profile
lwpray

Sweden

O God, quicken to life every power within me, that I may lay hold on eternal things. Open my eyes that I may see; give me acute spiritual perception; enable me to taste Thee and know that Thou art good. Make heaven more real to me than any earthly thing has ever been. Amen.
A.W.T.
“Apprehending God”
The Pursuit of God

2004/9/15 13:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy