SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God still judge?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
[b][size=medium][color=0066FF][font=Verdana]Yet not all accidents are necessarily punishments, most often accidents are mercies intended to draw us to the Lord.[/font][/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=large][color=0066FF][font=Verdana]Amen! That is what I was trying to say earlier, you phrased it clearer.[/font][/color][/size][/b]

Kind regards,
white stone

2008/12/28 15:39Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

It is nice to enter a room full of people and see some familier faces.

I can't really speak to specific issue of this thread, but as the issue stirs in each of us, thoughts in relation to our perspective and experiences, we each have that to offer.

boG, it was good to see you again. Hadn't seen you for a while. I can see you're still boG, :-P and I am still MJones. (semi private joke)

I think these thoughts relate more to what boG was saying. I have been reading in John lately and have been stuck in the first chapter. We all pick up on different things when we read, so I don't quote this to claim 'this is it and there is no other'; it is simply a perspective that God is showing me.

1) John 1:17 'For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.' Adam and Eve, before the fall, experienced life with God as He intended it. The fall ruined it. Moses gave the law to help govern us and to show us how off the mark we were.

As Adam and Eve, through one wrong choice, ruined it for all of man, Jesus through one right choice, and I believe it was the one He made in the garden to go to the cross, He regained for us the right to have the same relationship with God that Adam and Eve had. Not by giving us a new ability to obey the law, but by giving us a new nature; by our being born again.

In my opinion, this is the truth that He so graciously offers. He did not come into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him could be saved. And true, as is clarified in the next verse, though He didn't come to condemn, he who believes not is condemned already. I see in that for me, that I too do not come with a message of condemnation, but one which offers life, knowing that those who do not accept it will be condemned.

2) Just this morning in church, I noticed a crib on stage; I had this thought regarding it. I'm sure there may be another, but I thought of the only other child I knew of born and placed in a vulnerable, lowly basket was Moses.

Through Moses, God would use him to first deliver His people then used him to issue the law that condemned them. Through Jesus, God would use Him to first abolish the law that condemned then used Him to deliver His people.

3) More to the question of the thread, yet not an answer, it is really more of an agreement with whoever made the comment about not all accidents being punishments, but all are mercies designed to draw us near to God.

I thought about that a lot a few weeks ago and came to the same conclusion. In any hardship, regardless of the source, satan uses it to desroy us, where God uses it to build us. I don't know that we can say for sure that this event was God's judgement or it wasn't. It may be and it may not be. But whatever the case, satan will use it to destroy us and God will use it to draw us to Himself.

2008/12/28 17:41Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

God's judgement / God's Providence

Hello,

It seems this thread is about God's judgement and I began replying as if it was about God's Providence.

So, I will say that I believe [i]everything[/i] that happens to Spirit Filled Christian's is God's Providence (good or bad), to be used for their instruction, encouragement and sustaining.

Am I off the mark in not addressing the judgement part? Isn't Providence used for that purpose at times?

Kind regards,
white stone

2008/12/28 18:30Profile

Re: God's judgement / God's Providence

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
Hello,

It seems this thread is about God's judgement and I began replying as if it was about God's Providence.

So, I will say that I believe [i]everything[/i] that happens to Spirit Filled Christian's is God's Providence (good or bad), to be used for their instruction, encouragement and sustaining.

Am I off the mark in not addressing the judgement part? Isn't Providence used for that purpose at times?

Kind regards,
white stone

No you are not off the mark in addressing the judgment part as a part of the providence of God, you are right on the mark. God's judgment is a part of His providence. Sometimes like in the flushing of New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina the Lord is sending a message to greater numbers of mankind, and other times small afflictions are used for just one person. Either way, the Lord is not silent and still speaks quite loudly....

Old Joe

2008/12/28 19:07
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Does God still judge?

Sister White_Stone, my apologies if I was criticizing you so strongly. My focus was upon the statement: to consider it to the extreme and even ridiculous so that it would be shown for what it is, a confused point; your confession is encouraging. I understood what you were saying but I wanted to be certain that that comment did not get carried away and it is very well that you do nothing along the lines of my description. For although my focus was upon the statement I did have a zeal to see that you yourself did not live by such a practice and have written too personally. Again, my apologies sister.

edit: make that a second apology, sister! :-?

2008/12/29 19:05Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Brother boG,

Reading what motivated your reply helped me accept your comments. Now - It is in the past and will in no way color my view of your future posts. You are in my prayers,

kindest regards,
white stone

2008/12/29 19:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy