SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : i just lost my job

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
BVO

ohio

Re:

Our pastor makes a clear difference between the facts and the truth. The first time I heard him mention it, I thought, WOW! The facts are job loss, unfair circumstances, spinal injury, etc. which seem overwhelming. The truth is among everything else posted (good stuff) that God is for you more than the world is against you (including the facts). You can manipulate charts graphs and "facts" to say what you want, but the truth will always be truth, because Jesus is Truth. Also, I have noticed it seems as though God is exercising me to recognize His hand and voice in my life through trials. I have had things happen that I would have used to come undone over that He is pretty quick to show me His sovereignty over, in that the bad was for my good. He is training me to praise Him in the storm. Bless His name forever!!!!! Love Barry

2009/1/3 6:54Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

BVO wrote:
Our pastor makes a clear difference between the facts and the truth. The first time I heard him mention it, I thought, WOW! The facts are job loss, unfair circumstances, spinal injury, etc. which seem overwhelming. The truth is among everything else posted (good stuff) that God is for you more than the world is against you (including the facts).

I really like that. Satan will use facts to supports his lie. What we need to know and what God is so able to let us know, is the truth. Cool thought.

2009/1/4 19:43Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: General comment about praying

Quote:

MJones wrote:
How are things going 'bible1985'? Haven't heard from you in a while and was wondering about you. Have been praying for you from time to time. If you catch this post, let us know how you're doing.

You may not have seen this and if not it is understandable. There is almost too many posts that pass through here to keep track of.

It seems an appropriate place to make a general point that is not directed at you; I hope you do not take it as such. It is a general thought that has been sturring about praying.

I am currently praying for about 4 things. I tend to pray more about a few things til I see results. First I have to feel stirred to pray for something before I can have faith when I pray.

Here is the thought; the initial stirring comes from God. It gets me going. Sometimes subsequent stirrings come from Him. But there is also a stirring that comes from seeing results.

I thought of this in relation to building. I am a builder. When I begin a building, I am continually stirred to keep going because I can see physical evidence of my efforts. Once I start I don't have to wonder if I am supposed to keep at it.

It is a little different with prayer. When we begin, after being stirred to do so, something has to continually stir us to be able to keep going. Either God will continually stir us or evidence will stir us. To not have either would be like spending 8 months on a building and not seeing any evidence until the last day.

We have to have continual stirrings. I prayed for your situation with a fair amount of intensity to begin with. I was stirred to do so. Not having any more stirrings from God, my continual praying is at the mercy of evidence that my praying is having an effect.

I beilieve we settle far too much for not seeing results to our praying. I believe these two thoughts are practicle approaches to praying with results.

I think it would be good, when any solicit the prayers of others, that we, with the same effort, try to keep those who may be praying, informed as to the status of their sitution. It is one of the major links toward our stirring and ultimately our level of faith.

2009/1/10 9:39Profile

Re:

Good news well i got unemployment a few weeks after i lost my job which was a blessing and i just got a job at dish network as a service tech making 13 dollars an hour 4 days a week and from what i heard 12 plus hours a day so their is a lot of overtime. My wifes sisters boyfriend helped me get in and he makes like 600 dollars a week their but the great thing by myperformance i can get big raises, but most of all those 3 days off what a blessing to be able to spend time with my wife ans study the bible and spread the gospel. God bless you for all of your prayers, i was suprised to see this post still up here, but God bless you all, my feelings don't mean anything.

2009/2/6 16:04

Re:

Praise God, bro!

Krispy

2009/2/6 16:57
Compton

Re:

This is really great news. Thanks for the update.

MC

2009/2/6 19:14Profile

Re:

I was all set to say may my speech and I read the original poster got himself a job, well praise the LORD and good for you. I know that during these bleak days, God will look after His own like any parent would. And your right, our feelings can deceive us. There are moments that we do get down, we are after all human, but the LORD gives His word for the day, "be of good cheer, I have overcome the world". Which makes all the difference in the world.

2009/2/6 22:19
MJones

Missouri

Re:

bible4life - did you change your name from bible1985?

2009/2/6 22:21Profile

Re:

yes idid change my name, thank you for all your prayers and praise god.

2009/2/7 2:53
MJones

Missouri

Re:

I figured so but just wanted to make sure before I replied.

First I wanted to let you know how glad I am for you that you have work. Secondly I am glad for the sake of all who prayed and third I am glad you took the time to share the good news. In my last post, just before the one where you tell us about your work, I mention the importance of hearing back; so I really appreciate that you took the time to let us know.

In these difficult ecconomic times, when so many are losing their jobs, I see it as a definite 'God thing' that you were able to find work. All who prayed should be inspired and have stronger faith to believe for others when similar situations occur. I know it has inspired me.

2009/2/7 6:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy