SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : i just lost my job

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible1985

i just lost my job

I live at my parents with my wife and she quit her job 2 weeks ago and walmart just let me go because i was a temp. My mom is really going to freak out on me and she has all year long, because now she is the only one working because my dad is retired and not looking enough for a job. I mean everything was going so good and then this happens, the demons in my life at times were fading big time and now look at this. I have a spine injury to put things a top of one another. I guess i don't have Gods blessing on me at all anymore, i feel as i have been cursed.

2008/12/24 8:26Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: i just lost my job

When the enemy comes in like a flood, God will raise up a standard. I will pray for you as I have joined in prayer with several families lately to pray against satan's stealing and destroying and for evidence of God's restoration. It is satan's desire to destroy. He is good to make us feel it is our lot in life - that we are stuck. But that is a lie. You can join our group and pray for these two things:

1) evidence that satan's stealing and distruction has been stopped
2) evidence that God's restoration has begun

John 10:10 (from memory) Satan came to steal, kill and destroy. But I have come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly.

This is not a foundation for wealth, but of at least the simple necessities of life that I believe God desires to give to those who trust in Him.

I [b]will[/b] pray.

2008/12/24 8:46Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

bible1985,

Why did your wife quit her job?
Being a temporary employee at retail store, did you think it last a long time?

I wouldn't blame it on the "demons." And I wouldn't say you don't have God's blessings.

As a child of God you are blessed. Over 60 times in the NT you are called "beloved" by God. You cannot be both "beloved" and "cursed."

[i][b]2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.[/b][/i] 1 John 3:2

[i][b]4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.[/b][/i] 1 John 4:4

So when you pray, pray like child going before his Father, who know his Heavenly Father loves him, and desires to take of ALL His children.

Praying for you.

2008/12/24 9:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
... and now look at this.

Brother, [i]this[/i] is not necessarily [i]that[/i];

Quote:
I guess i don't have Gods blessing on me at all anymore, i feel as i have been cursed.

Remember ...

[i]That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: -

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:[/i]

1Pe 1:7 - 2Pe 1:4-10

I commiserate with you, we just recently let go of 25% of our workforce and some very good people due to the state of circumstances we are all in. You are not alone brother and that might sound 'easy for you to say' and is to an extent - Nevertheless casting this on to what you know not will leave you just where? In despondency and navel gazing, 'guessing' as you put it. Take Philologo's approach; [i]What is the [u]next[/u] thing I am to do, Oh Lord?[/i]

There is the other side of this brother, be encouraged, you will come through it. My prayers towards that end.

2008/12/24 9:26Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

[url=http://www.gracegems.org/Brooks/mute_christian.htm]Read this book[/url]

edit:

[i]Dear hearts—The choicest saints are 'born to troubles as the sparks fly upwards', Job 5:7. 'Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers him out of them all.' Psalm 34:19. If they were many, and not troubles, then, as it is in the proverb, the more the merrier; or if they were troubles and not many, then the fewer the better. But God, who is infinite in wisdom and matchless in goodness, has ordered troubles, yes, many troubles to come trooping in upon us on every side. As our mercies—so our crosses seldom come single; they usually come treading one upon the heels of another; they are like April showers, no sooner is one over but another comes. And yet, Christians, it is mercy, it is rich mercy, that every affliction is not an execution, that every correction is not a damnation. The higher the waters rise, the nearer Noah's ark was lifted up to heaven; the more your afflictions are increased, the more your heart shall be raised heavenward.[/i]

2008/12/24 11:52Profile
algernon

winsford,cheshire.England

You must listen to The Grace of God by.Austin T.Sparks.This is a word for you.It is all grace.

2008/12/24 12:52Profile
Compton

Quote:
I guess i don't have Gods blessing on me at all anymore, i feel as i have been cursed.

Hi Bible1985,

Brother, you knew the job was a temporary position, so it seems perfectly rational that they would let you go eventually. That is no reason to believe there is a curse upon you. Things are hard, but it's not because God is angry with you.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

It is understandable that many disappointments, failures, and pain would give us despair, but he is not condemning us or abandoning us in these things. Jesus is not our accuser, but our peace.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

Don't despair. Take one step at a time. Plan your course the best you can but know you can only take one step at a time.

... he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Please don't be overwhelmed with what you can't control. It's tempting to worry about everything you can think of. Instead just address one problem at a time. In this simple way we get traction to move forward on the steep uphill rocky roads.

And after you've given your best effort for God, and you family, get plenty of rest! The Lord does not expect us to be wise enough, rich enough, or strong enough to fix every problem we can think of, but I do think he expects us to rest in him At least he invites us to do so. :-)

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. Ps 103: 13-14

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You can continue to market yourself and find new employment right after Christmas. Your next job could very well be a better opportunity!

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Blessings brother,

MC

2008/12/24 12:57Profile
dohzman

I see here

I have read the gracious words of the many here who I witness as servants of God. What more can be added? Know that you are not alone Psa 37:25 I have been young and now I am old,
yet I have not seen the righteous abandoned
or his children begging bread.

I am most blessed by the response of all who have written here, May the God of peace and comfort direct your hearts into Christ Jesus always.

2008/12/24 13:20Profile
bible1985

Re: I see here

yah the problem is that they told me they were going to put me on maintanenance part time lasst week and today with no clue just let me go. I appreciate the words of wisdom and prayers. I am trying to overcome the doubt and fear right now about this situation it is very hard knowing how bad everything has been for me this year already.

2008/12/24 15:33Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Rom 8:28 And we know that [b]all[/b] things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

a saying we have here in the north is, it is always darkest just before the sunrise.

God is sovereign and he is on the throne. There may be more difficulties up ahead, but trust in God that it will work for good, then you can start praising Him for His goodness already.

He will work this for the better you will see

Christian

2008/12/24 15:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy