SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Two Forums: Men/Women

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
alan4jc
Member



Joined: 2007/8/15
Posts: 190
Cache Valley, Utah

 Re:

Hi Rebecca, I don't think asking which sewing macine is the best would be the least bit of a problem. Running a home can take alot of time and effort and input from others can be helpful. Perhaps some of the men here might even be well accomplished sewers :-)


_________________
Alan Taylor

 2008/12/23 16:24Profile









 Re:

Quote:

alan4jc wrote:
Hi Rebecca, I don't think asking which sewing macine is the best would be the least bit of a problem. Running a home can take alot of time and effort and input from others can be helpful. Perhaps some of the men here might even be well accomplished sewers :-)



Thanks Alan, your a great brother. :-)

 2008/12/23 16:27









 Re:

Hello sister Rebecca,

I've been thinking about this thread and brainstorming to see what might be available on other websites for Christian women. I can understand what you're talking about with a need to have a 'women only' forum. There are times when women need to have discussions on topics that are irrelevant and unnecessary to our brothers in Christ. :) But I think there might be some other websites that would provide better options for this than SI and also a more concentrated group of women interested in these things.

http://www.aboverubies.org/ - we receive this magazine and it is very family-centered and a great resource for homeschooling moms, moms of large families or just any moms with a desire to have a godly home and family. There is a forum for women on their website. I've joined it but my membership is still awaiting approval, so I don't know what the content is like. But it looks good.
And there is an Above Rubies group on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6342173251

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ - while there may not be a forum on there for women, there is interaction for those who listen to the broadcast or read the transcript.

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/home.php - This looks like an excellent website and might be more along the lines of what you're looking for. I know one mother who regularly contributes on there.

https://www.christian-homemaking.com/forum/index.php - this one looks good.

Those are a few options you might consider and pray about joining and being involved in. Of course the best option is to be involved in a church that has godly women who can provide teachings and advice on those things, but in these days of apostasy and compromise I know many have to resort to the internet for godly resources and encouragement in these areas.

May the Lord bless you, sister.

~Joy

P.S. Someone else who might have some ideas is Ginnyrose...I know that she has frequented some other forums that cover more of the topics of cooking and sewing, etc.

 2008/12/23 16:40









 Re:



Thanks Joy and Alan, I really do appreciate it but even though I can't I would really rather fellowship with the women on this forum. I have been reading a little on [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=26547&forum=40]philologos's thread[/url] and I feel this is the way to take care of our "state of affairs" as women on sermon index and that is to be doing what women are supposed to do. That is a good second option though. Been there done that though. I also attend a church I really don't want to be at because it's my second option. I fellowship with people on the computer because it's my only way of meeting with like minded people.

Hopefully we will not be left forever with second options till the Lord comes back. I don't understand what were waiting for. I don't think sometimes we really see ourselves as the church. The church anymore is just some far off idea.

I probably don't make much sense right now I have been up since 3:00am. making fruit salads all day at work. I cut up roughly 150 melons today and don't want to see another pineapple. LOL!!!:-P

So if this doesn't make any sense just ignore me.:-) I'm a little frustrated too with the leadership in our church posting all kinds of garbage on their facebook and being proud about it. Do I want to fellowship with those women? No..



 2008/12/23 18:12
HopeinChrist
Member



Joined: 2005/8/8
Posts: 256


 Re:

Hi sister, I hear what you are saying and I think it is an excellent idea. I think you could accomplish what you're seeking very simply through a list serve such as yahoo groups. Are you familiar with that? You can name it what you want, ie SI Women. You can invite who you wish to join the group or you could post a public invitation to the women on this forum. You could have it set up in a matter of minutes, much simpler than creating a website. If you're not familiar with it, pm me and I'll go into more detail or help you set it up if you wish.
Hope

 2008/12/23 22:16Profile
sermonindex
Moderator



Joined: 2002/12/11
Posts: 37033
"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
ie SI Women.


I would rather the group not be called that name for the fact of it is not a "offical" reprenstation of sermonindex. I would rather also not trying to get the women off the forums on SI onto other places. I think it is good for each person to be lead of the Spirit where you are to post and be a blessing. As was said before I think there is not a need for a seperate private women's forum on sermonindex and we encourage women that want to find more deeper fellowship on issues that relate to womanhood to reference some of the websites sister Joy refered to or other one's.



_________________
SI Moderator - Greg Gordon

 2008/12/23 22:43Profile









 Re:

Quote:

HopeinChrist wrote:
Hi sister, I hear what you are saying and I think it is an excellent idea. I think you could accomplish what you're seeking very simply through a list serve such as yahoo groups. Are you familiar with that? You can name it what you want, ie SI Women. You can invite who you wish to join the group or you could post a public invitation to the women on this forum. You could have it set up in a matter of minutes, much simpler than creating a website. If you're not familiar with it, pm me and I'll go into more detail or help you set it up if you wish.
Hope



Thanks HopeinChrist, good idea. If you are interested just pm me and if there are enough women interested I will create another forum just for women's issues not to take from Sermon Index.


Quote:
I would rather the group not be called that name for the fact of it is not a "offical" reprenstation of sermonindex. I would rather also not trying to get the women off the forums on SI onto other places. I think it is good for each person to be lead of the Spirit where you are to post and be a blessing. As was said before I think there is not a need for a seperate private women's forum on sermonindex and we encourage women that want to find more deeper fellowship on issues that relate to womanhood to reference some of the websites sister Joy refered to or other one's.



Those sites are fine but women need fellowship and I like fellowshipping with the women on Sermon Index as do others. We simply cannot do that here without locking horns with some of the men on here. I do not feel comfortable chatting with men. Thanks.

 2008/12/23 23:35









 Re:

I found a forum for christian women[url=http://www.hearthandhome.proboards44.com/index.cgi]Hearth and Home[/url] that is very Christ centered for women only if your ever interested. I like listening to theological discussions here but there you can talk about women's issues ect..So if you are interested we could meet there and still listen in here. :-)

 2008/12/24 15:52
sermonindex
Moderator



Joined: 2002/12/11
Posts: 37033
"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Here is a re-post of Joy's post:

Quote:
Hello sister Rebecca,

I've been thinking about this thread and brainstorming to see what might be available on other websites for Christian women. I can understand what you're talking about with a need to have a 'women only' forum. There are times when women need to have discussions on topics that are irrelevant and unnecessary to our brothers in Christ. :) But I think there might be some other websites that would provide better options for this than SI and also a more concentrated group of women interested in these things.

http://www.aboverubies.org/ - we receive this magazine and it is very family-centered and a great resource for homeschooling moms, moms of large families or just any moms with a desire to have a godly home and family. There is a forum for women on their website. I've joined it but my membership is still awaiting approval, so I don't know what the content is like. But it looks good.
And there is an Above Rubies group on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6342173251

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ - while there may not be a forum on there for women, there is interaction for those who listen to the broadcast or read the transcript.

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/home.php - This looks like an excellent website and might be more along the lines of what you're looking for. I know one mother who regularly contributes on there.

https://www.christian-homemaking.com/forum/index.php - this one looks good.

Those are a few options you might consider and pray about joining and being involved in. Of course the best option is to be involved in a church that has godly women who can provide teachings and advice on those things, but in these days of apostasy and compromise I know many have to resort to the internet for godly resources and encouragement in these areas.

May the Lord bless you, sister.

~Joy



I recommend women to utilize those resources as they are led of God. As for trying to mobilize women from sermonindex into another group I feel this is not something that I want these forums to be utilized for. I really am encouraged by some of the sisters who spend the time to prayerfully contribute on the forums at SI and think it is a valuable asset to the community.

I encourage anyone who is not comfortable on the forums here not to post or to find a alternative place were there are just women etc.

I am locking this thread with this encouragement.


_________________
SI Moderator - Greg Gordon

 2008/12/24 15:59Profile





©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy