Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Two Forums: Men/Women

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Two Forums: Men/Women

I hope everyone doesn't get mad at me for saying this but I think it would be great if we could have a forum just for the men and one for the women. I don't know if this is something Greg could do or not but it's something that has always been on my heart. Just thought I would share.

2008/12/22 6:58
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Two Forums: Men/Women

I must say, it is not something that I have ever thought of.

Basically, it would appear if this were the case, it would have to be a wesite apart from this one.

This site is to promote revival.

Also, if sites were designated for men/women, how would that stop one or the other contributing to the other's website?

Not to mention names. A lot of people have refered to me as 'brother' when in fact I am not.

I am assuming that with your name, you are female.

Am I right?

But as you said, it's just something on your heart.

Thanks.

2008/12/22 7:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
This site is to promote revival.

I believe this is promoting revival that's why I felt led to share this. The women's site would have to be clearly marked as for the women and the same for the men's..not hard to do.

Quote:
Also, if sites were designated for men/women, how would that stop one or the other contributing to the other's website?

It would have to be moderated as is anything that gets posted.

Quote:
Basically, it would appear if this were the case, it would have to be a website apart from this one.

Well hopefully not but I think in the end it's what is needed.Just something God put on my heart to share. I hope noone gets angry at me.

2008/12/22 7:23
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:

:-?

Quote:
Well hopefully not but I think in the end it's what is needed.Just something God put on my heart to share. I hope none gets angry at me.

None should but am not sure this is viable for a variety of reasons - You might consider maybe starting something on your own, a blog would allow something of a similar setup.

Frankly, we men need your input and I am thinking of precisely that excellent piece on Feminism posted elsewhere. The wisdom and experience of Ginnyrose and Enid - The recent calming, sweetness and simplicity of Krispy's wife popping in here - Ronyia and BrokenOne who post sparingly but with that essence of Spirit exemplified in 1Pe 3 - Chanin ...

Roniya has something setup already I believe that might be more akin to what you are thinking.

2008/12/22 8:38Profile

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:

It's not the posts it's the principle of the matter. Like I said, I'm just sharing what the Lord put on my heart to share.

2008/12/22 8:48
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It's not the posts it's the principle of the matter. Like I said, I'm just sharing what the Lord put on my heart to share.

Hi,

great idea! but I do think Mike is right it is hard first to set this up and ensure men and women stay apart, and second of all it is great to have the influnce of godly sisters in the forums.

I do think there are other womens discussion forums or some email lists. I would recommend getting involved with a group of 3-5 other godly sisters online and fellowship that way in a discussion forum or something like that.

2008/12/22 9:15Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

great idea! but I do think Mike is right it is hard first to set this up and ensure men and women stay apart, and second of all it is great to have the influnce of godly sisters in the forums.

I do think there are other womens discussion forums or some email lists. I would recommend getting involved with a group of 3-5 other godly sisters online and fellowship that way in a discussion forum or something like that.

I do that but I like fellowshipping with the women on this forum just not in this type of setting. My husband doesn't like it either which is why I don't get into any discussions if I can help it unless it's a topic for women. This is something the Lord put on my heart on behalf of the women on SI who like to fellowship with one another.

It's a vision the Lord has given me but I don't expect everyone to see it. The fact of the matter is if there were this seperation the subject matter would change drastically and so would the edification that is needed for men from other men and visa versa. It's feminization as I see it and demasculating among many other things [b]although not intentional[/b].

2008/12/22 9:25
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

As you said, Sister Rebecca, the Lord has given you the vision, and not everyone can see it.

Well, I'm one of those who can't see it. I can't see how it can work.

I don't see this website as getting feminized because a few sister's in the Lord contribute.

Maybe, if we lack wisdom and godly guidance, it could become that way. But right now, that is not so.

But, we need to stay close to God and His word in all we do.

God bless.

2008/12/22 9:36Profile

Re:

So if I want to ask the women on the forum what kind of sewing machine they recommend is that ok? Or else I would have to pm each and every one of them. Also do you see revival only as topics or building homes and relationships too becuase even though the topic does not include the word revival sewing is a means of revival in our home. And before you say it no, I don't want to do a search on google I want to ask them. :-)

2008/12/23 9:40

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well hopefully not but I think in the end it's what is needed.Just something God put on my heart to share. I hope none gets angry at me.

None should but am not sure this is viable for a variety of reasons - You might consider maybe starting something on your own, a blog would allow something of a similar setup.

Frankly, we men need your input and I am thinking of precisely that excellent piece on Feminism posted elsewhere. The wisdom and experience of Ginnyrose and Enid - The recent calming, sweetness and simplicity of Krispy's wife popping in here - Ronyia and BrokenOne who post sparingly but with that essence of Spirit exemplified in 1Pe 3 - Chanin ...

Roniya has something setup already I believe that might be more akin to what you are thinking.

I don't feel like teaching is my place unless it's other women but ok...

2008/12/23 16:03

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy