SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : James white vs. bart ehrman debate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Abe_Juliot

Southern California

Re:

Quote:
I've heard White a few times,sorry but he struck me as rude and arrogant... There was a SBC debate recently, where one of the debators stated we don't want to be the type of people that will travel a 1000 miles to debate,but won't cross the street to lead someone to God I could swear he was speaking about White!!!!!!!!

Be careful what you say about James White. If you have an accusations against an elder, you need to back it up with witnesses. I have read James White and listened to many of His debates. He is blunt and bold... But, he does not come across as rude.

I'm sure many were offended by Jesus, when he called them vipers and hypocrites.

Also, are you aware that James Whites preaches the gospel year round to cults and unbelievers from His own office through youtube. You have no right to accuse James of not preaching in his hometown until you have witnesses. Your comments are bitter-slanderous reports against a brother in the Lord for whom Christ died. Have you no shame for your careless words?

Quote:
Whats the point of these debates???If our man wins people have to agree with him,but if our man looses were not changing our minds??...

The point is to preach the gospel to unbelievers and edify the body with truth. You should be ashamed of your words, if you are implying that this is vain.

-Abraham

Edit: quote added

2008/12/26 15:21Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: James white vs. bart ehrman debate

Has any one else noticed that most posts here lately seem to turn into nothing more than a platform for folks to "bicker" about pet doctrine?
Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Blessings Greg

2008/12/26 19:35Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

1) I have no pet doctrine, and didn't put any in my post
2)As far as my accusations and him being my elder hmmmm hes not my elder,and it wasn't an accusation, it was a observation i think hes rude...By my standards hes not bold hes rude,you have a different opinion and thats fine..

2008/12/27 10:30Profile
int3grity

Re: James white vs. bart ehrman debate

James White is a man called by GOD to stand for the Truth where most other Christians have stuck their heads in the sand. I have great respect and pray for that man. Evangellicals have for the most part been indoctrinated with a lot of folk theology and sensationalist emotional Christian cliches. It is people like James White who earnestly contend for the faith once for all handed down that protect the thread of Biblical Truths which the superficial evangellybean culture casts aside in exchange for light and fluffy cotton candy doctrine. I pray for that brother as he upholds the doctrine of the apostles in the face of satan's lies. He is on the front lines. He works hard for the LORD and the sake of the body. We should thank GOD for raising people like him up.

2008/12/27 10:58Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

I missed something Abe said "about implying it was vain and i should be ashamed"

100% stating that i think its vain,and no i don't feel ashamed Abe, this again is just another opionion of mine doesn't make it fact so chill Abe you sound a little pompus :-P

2008/12/27 23:28Profile
theopenlife

Re:

If he preaches the gospel clearly, I will be thankful. Let's all pray that he preaches the gospel clearly.

2008/12/28 1:17Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
I'm sure many were offended by Jesus, when he called them vipers and hypocrites.

The Lord Jesus Christ seems to be used by not a few people to justify their own words. But He said,

[b][color=660000] I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.[/color][/b]

2008/12/28 9:26Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

Does anyone know if there is an alternate way of hearing the debate? My wife and I just had our first baby and we can't make it, Ft. Lauderdale is a little over an hour from where we live so it will be difficult to attend.

2009/1/12 15:09Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

the debate is today january 21st, if anyone knows the details please update.John

2009/1/21 21:38Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

i can't find nothing on this debate really at all, anyone who knows anything

2009/1/23 13:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy