Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Lively Hope

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

A Lively Hope

I was not justified by my self will. God’s Holy Law broke my self will and I was begotten again unto a lively hope through faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus my Lord.

I am kept through faith by the power of God, not my will.

I am not kept by my merit or my works but by the hope of eternal life in salvation by faith in Christ Jesus my Lord whom I have not seen yet I love.

My faith in The Word of God is being tested daily. My faith must be found to be shining brightly and eternally in joy with all believing, that I may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost..

1 Peter
Chpt.1
-3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5. Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8. Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Eddie

2008/12/21 12:56Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: A Lively Hope

AMEN, Eddie, AMEN. We have a hope that is
certain, enduring, living, real, and promised
to us!!

2008/12/21 15:45Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Who is among you that feareth the Lord,
that obeyeth the voice of his servant,
that walketh in darkness, and hath no light?
Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

Isaiah

Eddie

2008/12/21 16:44Profile
Logic

Quote:
rowdy2 wrote:

I was not justified by my self will. God’s Holy Law broke my self will and I was begotten again unto a lively hope through faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus my Lord.

I am kept through faith by the power of God, not my will.

I am not kept by my merit or my works but by the hope of eternal life in salvation by faith in Christ Jesus my Lord whom I have not seen yet I love.

My faith in The Word of God is being tested daily. My faith must be found to be shining brightly and eternally in joy with all believing, that I may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost

You must first will to believe, and will to repent. Then, after willing to do so, one must actualy repent to proove your faith.

[b]Luke 17:9[/b] [color=990000]Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him[/color] (to believe and repent)[color=990000]? I think not.
[b]:10[/b] So likewise you, when you shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.[/color]

2008/12/22 13:31Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply to Logic

Wouldn’t we be in terrible shape standing before the judgement seat of God claiming self justification? Yes, I heard the word of God and I believed and saw myself and all my efforts to live a respectable life as a citizen, father and a husband were but filthy rags in the sight of Holy God. I cried out in my udder despair and brokenness for forgiveness and repented. I didn’t know the path to the Door, I was spiritually blind and dead when I was called by God, Who put hope of eternal salvation in me. I now live by faith in that hope for I know no devil nor man can steal it from me because it is God that justifies me. Why Holy God would love me and how God’s amazing grace works I still can’t explain. That is why we should glorify God and lift up thanks and praises unto God for sending His Son to take our stripes and afflictions upon Himself and to die that we have might have live and have eternal life through His resurrection.

Psalms 16 KJV
.5. The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
6. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
7. I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Eddie

2008/12/22 18:15Profile
Logic

Re:

Reply to Logic

Quote:
rowdy2 wrote:

Wouldn’t we be in terrible shape standing before the judgement seat of God claiming self justification? Yes...

Who said anything about self justification?

Quote:
I didn’t know the path to the Door, I was spiritually blind and dead when I was called by God,

All were called from day one of accountability.
It just took you that so many years to actualy relent from your disobedience and confess the truth.

Quote:
I now live by faith in that hope for I know no devil nor man can steal it from me because it is God that justifies me.

Can't steel it, but can surely deceive your from it as he did Eve.
Donn't think that you can't be deceived, for if you think that, you are an eazy target for deseption.

2008/12/23 12:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy