SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : how to get saved...if you thought were saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
reformer

how to get saved...if you thought were saved?

Often thought of this subject, discussed it with brothers over a cup of coffee. The christianity that surrounds us, evokes a mentality that all are saved. I go to church. I tithe.I feel regenerated. I said a prayer. And so on. For those who grew up in church, Sundays and Wednesday were part of your life, you felt saved, you were baptized, you ministered to many. Then one day you thought,'some sins seem to still terrorize me...this other person I meet really seems to walk in victory and is different.'

If all these years have been a lie, then what does genuine believe in a lifer in the church become to them! A change of walk and life style. A commitment to follow the Lord. Would there be a renewed sense of Christ, the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit?

I believe that there is a super natural realm that takes place in a persons life. There has to be change of heart, but not so much the heart change but are my actions changed because my heart has been changed. Its not so much desiring to be Holy...who doesn't if you are going to church and listening to sermons, do we confuse our guilt and conscience with thinking we are desiring holiness. I think it is in our DNA to desire to be better already. As a believer, do we desire holiness because God is holy or because we feel that it will make me stop with a struggling sin? Or be better relationship with others and God?

So if all these years you thought you were a Christian, because you were doing the works you thought were evidence of salvation, but to now find out you are lost, then what does real salvation look like? What does it feel like?

Are you going through the motions...am I going through the motions. Heck you can read enough of the fundamentals of the faith to pass the test before others.

I think there is so much instruction thrown at us...opinion after opinion. Sermon after sermon, old writings being read. we get our minds filled with so much stuff, that we possibly remove the true joy of Christ...the true salvation that only He can offer. We find ourselves performing more than worshiping Christ.

Random thoughts

2008/12/21 0:58Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: how to get saved...if you thought were saved?

I think you may find some satesfying answers in this sermon.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17532&commentView=itemComments]Three tenses of salvation by Zac Poonen[/url]

I was very challenged to examine my own salvation by this message, it is a very sobering sermon and it hits to the very core of what salvation is.

I hope you will find somethings for yourself

Christian

2008/12/21 1:39Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:

Can't wait to listen to the zac poonen message, I enjoy him. Also there is a audio version of this also. Thanks for the link. God Bless Barry

2008/12/21 8:16Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
I think you may find some satesfying answers in this sermon.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17532&commentView=itemComments]Three tenses of salvation by Zac Poonen[/url]

I was very challenged to examine my own salvation by this message, it is a very sobering sermon and it hits to the very core of what salvation is.

I hope you will find somethings for yourself

Christian

thanks I will listen and forward it to my friends.

2008/12/21 9:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy