SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I'm selling my books.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
I believe that so long as it is within our means at the present time, we should regularly give towards the work of the Lord and helping those who are poor. Though I would like to give more than I am presently able due to my debts, I believe God has called me to support ministries and bless others according to my ability in my present situation.

You are delaying your release and prolong your bondage.

Let me put it like this: Suppose I borrow a book from you and you ask me after a while to return it to you. I would say, sorry, I do not have it anymore, I gave it to away for some noble courses; to someone whom you do not know. Would not you have the right to demand the book back from me irrespective of the fact that I gave it away for noble courses? Would not the noble course be irrelevant to the fact that you have given my property away? Only an owner has the right to give away, not a lender which you still are. A lender cannot act as an owner.

In the bible are several example of unacceptable offerings, check for yourself.

If I had a godly ministry, I would not feel free to take money that was not in the rightfull ownership of the giver, supposeed I knew who gave it, of course.

Dear Kimmy, I have nothing against you, do not get offended by my rebuttal, my heart flows out to you. I know you have a deep desire to please God.
You can still give in other forms, such as in time or services rendered free of charge for those who need it. This would be a pleasing and fragrant offering, because it does not infringe on or delay your obligatory repayments to your creditors.

At the very least you should honor the repayment modalities you had agreed to when you went into debt to stop the snowball growing bigger.

Pray for a miracle that you can pay off your creditors very soon. Get 2 jobs or a better paying job so that can get free to serve your true master - as a real deciple.

narrowpath

2008/12/22 11:15Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Are you out of your mind :-D ??? Do not sell your books!!!! Keep em!! There is no good market concerning books in general and Christian litterature in particular... After viewing the Amazon I can only say keep those magnifcant books...

I have a rule in life: Never sell or throw away a book... Remember the line from Sean Connery in "The Name of the Rose": "Dont save me, save the books!!! (when he and Christian Slater had discovered a secret library which unfortunately had caught fire)..

Sincerely
Magnus :-(

2008/12/22 12:16Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Dear Kimmy, I have nothing against you, do not get offended by my rebuttal, my heart flows out to you. I know you have a deep desire to please God.
You can still give in other forms, such as in time or services rendered free of charge for those who need it. This would be a pleasing and fragrant offering, because it does not infringe on or delay your obligatory repayments to your creditors.

I hear everything you say in brotherly love. I will prayerfully consider it.

Get 2 jobs or a better paying job so that can get free to serve your true master

I have 2 jobs presently, a full and part time one. Altogether I only make 35,000 per year. I have been actively seeking another full time job that pays more, and have been doing such for months now. But so far, nothing has opened up.

2008/12/22 12:23Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Are you out of your mind ??? Do not sell your books!!!! Keep em!! There is no good market concerning books in general and Christian litterature in particular... After viewing the Amazon I can only say keep those magnifcant books...

Not selling my books is not an option. Besides, there is no practical reason to keep them around so that they can collect dust out of the slight chance I might use them again in the future.

2008/12/22 12:26Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Hi,

I am locking this thread. I do appreciate that brothers and sisters dont try and sell things using the forums here on SI. thanks!

2008/12/22 12:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy