SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I'm selling my books.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I'm selling my books.

I'm not sure if this violates the community rules? If so, let me know and please delete this thread.

After much thought, and some provoking from a Christian financial counselor (Dave Ramsey) along with my dad, I am seeking to sell some of my many, many books that just are sitting in boxes. I'm simply trying to pay off debt, and hoping that many of these books which have blessed me may also be a blessing to others. I have many more books besides what is listed below, I simply have not got around to cataloging them. I'm selling most books for a pretty fair price should you be interested. I have about 30-40 books for sale right now, and plan to have dozens of more as time permits.

Check out my (mostly) Christian book inventory.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/jimmy6871

2008/12/21 0:25Profile
repentcanada

Re: I'm selling my books.

jimmy i'll pay you $10 to ship rick warren's book back to him and you demand your money back in full, plus shipping and handling.

2008/12/21 5:04Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

That's probably not a very charitable thing to do in the name of Jesus.

2008/12/21 8:05Profile
bible1985

Re:

its all right jimmy, i am cool with this personally, we all have our debts. I have a good idea for you, give away all your books for free, i am serious. Cry out to God for financial help and trust him with all your heart until he answers. I know that it is hard, but you will learn to trust him, don't be like the world, give away freely and trust in the unseen. I know i am bias because i always give away my stuff free of charge, but i feel like God tells me to do so.

2008/12/21 8:34Profile
bible1985

Re:

how much money do you need anyway, i am sure some of us christian brothers and sisters would be willing to help you if it is that bad and under the right circumstance.

2008/12/21 8:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, I have thousands in credit card debt. If you are really wanting pay that off for me, and have millions of dollars so as to not be a financial burden to you, then you can e-mail me at jimmy.humphrey@gmail.com and we can arrange that.

However, the debt I'm attempting to pay off is not any sort of emergency debt that I need to pay off immediately to please angry creditors. I'm simply attempting to do what Dave Ramsey suggests, and that is build up an emergency fund of $1,000. That way I can cut up my credit cards and not have to use them anymore for emergencies as I have in the past (i.e. repair on my Jeep, which has happened several times when I had zero dollars in my savings).

I'm currently in good standing with all my creditors, and have an excellent credit rating. I just have a long way to go paying them off. I'm pretty happy to do just that on my own. No need to send me money for that. Although, if for some reason the Lord is leading you to send me money, then I will not object :-)

The best way to help me out in doing what I want to do is to simply buy one of the higher dollar books I have for sale. I already sold one for about $40.00 from Amazon. I have dozens more I can sell from anywhere between $5 and $40 I'm sure.

Once again, the Amazon.com store link for my books is:

2008/12/21 8:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
jimmy I'll pay you $10 to ship rick warren's book back to him and you demand your money back in full, plus shipping and handling.

:-)

Another alternative is to burn the book[s] that are objectable. I have done this to books I later discovered where not what I thought were sound. If they're objectable to me, they certainly should not be for others to read, either.

My opinion ...

ginnyrose

2008/12/21 9:04Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, I just sold a parallel bible with the apocryphal/deuterocanonical books attached to it. Surely that is objectionable material. But at the same time, people study those books for a wide variety of reasons. I initially bought it to read various books so as to better understand the so-called intertestamental period. So, who knows why somebody may be buying a book or two with objectionable material. They may be buying it for scholarly studies/research paper purposes for all I know. Thus, no need to light a match to these books, IMO.

Once again, the Amazon.com store link for my books is:

2008/12/21 9:14Profile

Re: Giving....bible 1985

I have given my library away 3 times...all before or during overseas journeys. The last one, to China, India, Israel .I pruned down to just the Bible....my old one, and a backup. I had several newer Strong's type material, and rarer works by Tozer, McCheyene,Sparks, etc. [maybe 150-200 each time.]..that I now miss, but I don't regret it. We cannot imagine how barren the third world is concerning extra-biblical Apostolic teaching and reference works. To the Asian or African disciple, they are as rare as diamonds, and also to younger American disciples who have not heard of these men and their Faith.

I was also motivated by idolatry, for I was proud, often, of my understanding and spirituality in possessing these books. It was good for me to dispossess them.

I do not agree with the merchandising of Christian literature, especially when I can afford them, and others may not, however, in themselves they are like any other commodity, I suppose.

I trust you are led of the Lord, and think it is wise to be debt free, 100%. Shred those cards and never, never get another.

On another note, these banks and companies have been hijacking honest cardholders doubling and tripling the daily compound interest. The FINE print, the Fine print! They made it legal to change the rules, and charge you whatever they want, plus FEES! If you pay the minimum payment, in most cases it will take you 15 to 30 YEARS to settle to zero.

I have marked the 4 sins of the Apocalypse....fornication, theft, murder, and sorcery..[drugs too] in my Bible, and besides THEFT, I have written....THE BANKING SPIRIT. It is pure, unadulterated Theft, and legal too. I personally believe that George W. Bush owed the bankers..[the real power,,]a big favor, and laws concerning banking, and bankruptcy that were inherit in American law for centuries were changed in favor of the banks. I felt betrayed, and grieved, as I now see so many in deep bondage. It is theft, and greedy, and because laws were passed, does not make it legal.

The Lord Himself put bankruptcy, or a jubilee of debt forgiveness in His Statutes, every 7 years..... Complete, mandatory absolution of all debt!...and every 50 for land return. I have counselled people to do the same, when the weight becomes life altering. It is not a sin, nor shameful, as the bankers would have you believe. Jesus has called us to freedom and Peace.

Grace on you, King Jimmy.

2008/12/21 9:44
bible1985

Re:

ginnyrose amen, i have done the same thing. Yah brother i am myself in financial debt, almost 6000 dollars in it, i just haven't been able to get out of it since my warehouse job that was paying me 20 dollars laid me off and is closing down, and i have a spine problem so the chances of me getting a good paying job other than with my mouth in management or something is slim, so i don't see me paying off my debt for a long time, i didn't go to school because of money reasons and the christian bible colleges our very expensive which to me is unfair. So i guess it would be unfair for me to get myself more in debt , but i really would help.

2008/12/21 16:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy