SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gospel for Asia

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

Gospel for Asia

This is a post from a man on another community, he has some great comments about a ministry that is doing a great job for the cause of Jesus Christ. The man behind the ministry is author of "Revolution in World Missions" which the ministry offers for free to all who ask. I recommend getting this book. It's great especially to learn about the world around us and the lives of third world christians, especially those evangelists who are starving, beaten, and persecuted to this day for Jesus Christ.
This is from Mr. Brian Bomber:
"I believe that everyone on this forum is more concerned about the expansion of Christ's church than the inflation of our own reputation (using the Law is an easy way to ruin your reputation to everyone who knows you).

So, I want to challenge you guys with this:

How much time a week do you spend witnessing?

How much time per week do you spend working for a paycheck?

I have been frustrated because of my inability to do full time persoanal work, and it seems that the Lord has never given me a green light to leave my job (HE ALWAYS TELLS ME TO STAY!!).

Anyway, I've finally found a way to reconcile this with my conscience and my heart for the lost. I just read KP Yohanan's book "Revolution in World Missions", and it's awesome (free copy here https://www.gfa.org/gfa/freebook?motiv=WA40-W0B1). I see that there are 3 billion people who have never even heard the name of Jesus, unlike the millions in the US who know everything the Bible says yet don't repent of their sins. To be honest, this blows me away. The church has had 2000 years, and yet there is still half of the world who has NOT heard the Gospel? I mean, no Jesus?? No forgiveness of sins? What a horrible crime on the part of Christ's church?

My wife and myself have decided to do soemthing about it. Gospel for Asia has a very effective outreach, using natives as missionaries, and they are reaching millions (literally). My wife and I have decided to get heavily involved in supporting the native missionaries. They only need about $90-$150 per month to live and fund their ministry (depending on marital status). You can buy 250 tracts for $1. New Testaments are only $0.24, while the whole Bible costs about $2.40 (Stop for a minute...could you imagine leaving your life WITHOUT your Bible?? Many of the believers only will only hear the Word at church). An entire church only costs about $10,000.

Anyway, I have checked out this ministry, and it is solid. My wife and I have decided to start making sacrifices to help further the Gospel where it has never been heard. I invite all of you to ask God if there is a place where your money can be used more effectively for the Kingdom. There may be another missionary organization that is doing great work, or it may be this one. I just have to say how amazed I am at what God is doing through these Indian Christians...and when I get excited about something, I tell bunches of people.

Thanks for listening to me.

God bless,

Brian Bomar

2004/7/23 3:20Profile
rocklife

usa

Re: Gospel for Asia

The book "Revolution in World Missions" from the Gospel for Asia mission ministry is great. I am reading it and am learning so much from it. I love reading about people's lives, especially godly people. The author grew up in a third world country and tells of how he sees the American church, especially with all the materialism and money spent on church buildings and entertainment. The churches are full of entertainment, which really appalled him coming from being an evangelist in the spirit of Jesus and Paul, the author had also been stoned, slept without a home, preached open air, which is still normal for a Christian in third world countries to this day, sharing the Gospel as much as he could with those who have never heard of the forgiveness of sins offered through Christ Jesus. He grew up in a jungle, didn't have shoes til he was 17, and only had the clothes on his back. This is very normal from where he was from, America is so blessed and seems to be taking it for granted (like I did as a nonchristian). I hope and pray I am no longer taking my blessing for granted. The author's burden is for missionairies, evangelists who will do the great commission especially reaching out to the poor because the time is short and they know every day thousands are going to hell.

The author is giving this book away, what an example of God at work. I haven't even finished the book, but it has taught me a lot already. He also reminds me of Ray Comfort, they share a lot of similar ideas. Thank you, Lord, for our books from godly men to teach and train the young in the faith. Thank you Lord for the best book, the Bible. I pray more and more will be able to read a copy of your Holy Word. Thank you Lord for the ministry of Gospel for Asia, please be with the Christians, help them, feed them, guide them, and supply their needs. Be with their children, comfort them and feed them also. Lord, please awaken America, please forgive our business, our idolatries, our foolishness, our ingratitude. Please help the complete Gospel be shared in our American churches also, not the gospel that pleases men's ears, a false peace gospel, but the truth. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

2004/7/23 3:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy