SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : It's a girl! Duggars welcome 18th child

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

It's a girl! Duggars welcome 18th child

ROGERS, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas woman has given birth to her 18th child.

Michelle Duggar delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers. The baby, named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar, weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," said Jim Bob Duggar, the father of the 18 children. "She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters."

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters.
Jim Bob Duggar said Michelle started having contractions Wednesday night. She needed the C-section, her third, because the baby was lying sideways. Jim Bob said both baby and mother were doing well Thursday night.

"We both would love to have more," he said.

The cable network TLC broadcasts a weekly show about the Duggars called "17 Kids and Counting." Chris Finnegan of TLC — which handles public relations for the Duggar family — said the show's name would be updated to account for the latest addition to the family. He said TLC also will air a show Monday on the baby's delivery.

Jim Bob Duggar is 43, a year older than his wife. Their oldest child, Joshua, is 20.
The other Duggar children, in between Joshua and Jordyn-Grace, are Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 17; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 12; Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9; Jason, 8; James, 7; Justin, 6; Jackson, 4; Johannah, 3; and Jennifer, 1.

"Our whole family is excited about Jordyn's addition to our family," Jim Bob Duggar said. "She's just perfect in every way."

----

For a picture of the family, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28053565/

:-)

2008/12/20 13:35
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: It's a girl! Duggars welcome 18th child

The Duggars website is very interesting. Here it is: http://www.duggarfamily.com/

That mother must be very well organized and have lots of energy to manage such a huge household. When I study these pics it just about makes me tired because I know what kind of work children make. Maybe I am showing my age....Oh, sigh...

ginnyrose

2008/12/20 19:34Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Ginny...

My wife and I actually watched an episode of the Duggar family on The Learning Channel this past week (at a friend's house). We were deeply impressed with the unapologetic faith of this family on national television! In the episode, the oldest child (Josh?) was getting married...and had "saved" his "first kiss" for his wedding. What a GREAT testimony!

I was so impressed, I decided to look it up the family online...and found the information about their 18th child! What a wonderful blessing to have a house full of children! We don't have any children (yet), but I hope to be as organized as these parents.

:-)

2009/1/27 15:05Profile

Re:

Here is something that I found very shocking coming from Nancy Pelosi, and she makes no apologies about it. I was on the "Ladies Against Feminism" websight when I saw the link just as you posted this. It's about population control.

You'll want to read the whole article.

[url=http://ehomebody.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-is-unbelievable.html]Nancy Pelosi This Week "Contraception Will Reduce Costs" Help Economy[/url]

It's short but says alot about this administration's agenda.

2009/1/27 15:30
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thanks, Rebecca...

I think that one of the reasons that Satan promotes homosexuality and abortion is because it goes against the very first command of God to mankind found in the Scriptures. In Genesis 1:28, God said:

Quote:
"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

This verse contradicts abortion, homosexuality and extreme environmentalism (sorry, PETA, but it is true)!

Abortion and homosexuality impede the creation of mankind. Environmentalism exchanges the worship of God (the very reason we were created) for the worship of the Earth (and the things in it).

:-(

2009/1/27 15:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy