SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What's Needed to Sniff Out The Things of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Pro 14:9 Fools mock at sin...

2008/12/20 16:11Profile

Re:

and penguins cannot fly

2008/12/20 16:14

Re:

now put that sword down young man before you hurt yourself...

2008/12/20 16:15
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

whispering wrote:
There are far too many 'holier than thou' thought Police around this place. Scares me to death!

You een here a couple of days, and you pass such judgment on people you know nothing about, but at the same time you poor out what is inside you.

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

but seeing this thread is of little good to you or me, i will leave you with this.

Judge not, that you be not judged —Matthew 7:1

Jesus’ instructions with regard to judging others is very simply put; He says, "Don’t." The average Christian is the most piercingly critical individual known. Criticism is one of the ordinary activities of people, but in the spiritual realm nothing is accomplished by it. The effect of criticism is the dividing up of the strengths of the one being criticized. The Holy Spirit is the only one in the proper position to criticize, and He alone is able to show what is wrong without hurting and wounding. It is impossible to enter into fellowship with God when you are in a critical mood. Criticism serves to make you harsh, vindictive, and cruel, and leaves you with the soothing and flattering idea that you are somehow superior to others. Jesus says that as His disciple you should cultivate a temperament that is never critical. This will not happen quickly but must be developed over a span of time. You must constantly beware of anything that causes you to think of yourself as a superior person.

There is no escaping the penetrating search of my life by Jesus. If I see the little speck in your eye, it means that I have a plank of timber in my own (see Matthew 7:3-5 ). Every wrong thing that I see in you, God finds in me. Every time I judge, I condemn myself (see Romans 2:17-24 ). Stop having a measuring stick for other people. There is always at least one more fact, which we know nothing about, in every person’s situation. The first thing God does is to give us a thorough spiritual cleaning. After that, there is no possibility of pride remaining in us. I have never met a person I could despair of, or lose all hope for, after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God.

Chambers

2008/12/20 16:16Profile

Re:

anyways, I have had a long day and have a longer one tomorrow, and frankly, I need energy to cope with you lot, so forgive me for withdrawing from this silliness tonight. I shall return when I have gotten my head together.

Bless you and remember loosen up a bit.

No don't reply, please, just have a bit of mercy on me tonight and shut up.

2008/12/20 16:18
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

whispering wrote:

Quote:
eh? Eddie, did you forget to take your medication again?

Quote:
No don't reply, please, just have a bit of mercy on me tonight and shut up.

Your heart is not right. Your actions, words and thoughts are not of Christ. If it wasn't for your "concerned words" for my brother, I would ignore your foolishness.

What type of example are you showing true believers in Christ? Your examples smell of Satan and the world. There is no love in your heart except for yourself.

[u][b]John 5:19-44 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, [b]that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.[/b]

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; [b]for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.[/b] I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

“If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true. There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true. You have sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. Yet I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things that you may be saved. He was the burning and shining lamp, and you were willing for a time to rejoice in his light. But I have a greater witness than John’s; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish—the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. [b]You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.[/b]

“I do not receive honor from men. [b]But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.[/b] I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?"

You do not imitate Christ yet you speak like one who comes to glorify the Lord.

[u][b]Acts 8:18-23 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! You have neither part nor portion in this matter, [b]for your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”[/b]

I am embarrassed to think that you teach people, and that they may think that you are an example of Christ. I pray that their eyes are opened.

Repent, then fear the Lord Whisper.

2008/12/20 16:22Profile

Re:

they should rename this place JUDGEMENT CENTRAL!

2008/12/20 16:28
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

One old man told me you have two ears and one mouth for a reason. He was very wise,

Seeing you use so much slang and loosening up ill quote NLT to you

Pro 10:19 Don't talk too much, for it fosters sin. Be sensible and turn off the flow!

and if there is something humble about you and you are yet teachable, consider learning what judging is and is not. Some of it anyway.

[url=http://www.moriel.org/articles/sermons/judge_not.htm]Judge Not[/url]

2008/12/20 16:33Profile

Re:

thank you for being the clear caricature of all my observations regarding this place.

2008/12/20 16:36

Re:

P.S.

In your future discourse with me, please do me the courtesy of using a proper Bible for your quoting.

Thank you.

2008/12/20 16:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy