SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A New Cart!!!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

A New Cart!!!!!!

Why do Christians welcome the New Cart into the Kingdom the prosperity Gospel and others???? Lets read: 1Sa 6:7 Now therefore [u]make a new cart[/u], and take two milch kine, on which there hath come no yoke, and tie the kine to the cart, and bring their calves home from them:
2Sa 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a [u]new cart[/u], and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drove the new cart.

David went right along with the Philistines brining in the Ark, He compromised the things of GOD He knew better in moving the Ark of God. Then tell me why Preachers and the people welcome the False gospel in today in the churches? They are suppose to stand for the truth of God's Word not mans word. :-)

2008/12/17 23:14Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: A New Cart!!!!!!

Quote:
David went right along with the Philistines brining in the Ark, He compromised the things of GOD He knew better in moving the Ark of God. Then tell me why Preachers and the people welcome the False gospel in today in the churches? They are suppose to stand for the truth of God's Word not mans word.

Tradition is the great enemy of the Church in some respects because folk begin to do things out of 'tradition' that are not Bible based. Soon the opinions of men become the doctrines of men and then the doctrines of men become the commandments of men. The commandments of men then become the traditions of men and then we have a problem because folk are not quick to break with tradition.

It is odd that the Gospel could be allowed to be on a cart at all- but this is the [u]power[/u] of tradition. People simply are more inclined to trust the traditions than they are the word of God itself. This is why we have church services that are 'traditional' instead of biblical. This is why we struggle to have a sense of the High Priest in our local churches tending the candlestick.

There has to be a willingness come to unlock our hearts and minds and allow [i]change[/i]. God needs to edit some of our ideas and ways, but we are 'locked' in a certain paradigm. Who knows what it will take to get things back on the shoulders of the priest.

2008/12/18 4:21Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Perhaps the question ought to be, 'How could David make a mistake like this?' This was a man who knew God, was open to God and had a amazing 'track record' of obedience.

The Philistines were the most technologically advanced people of those days. Their use of chariots and bronze tools made then almost invincible. The subtle temptations to use modern technology to bring the presence of God into a place have continued for generations.

Perhaps part of the reason for David's failure is that true worship of God had never functioned in his lifetime. The ark was removed from the shrine in Eli's time and not returned until the reign of Solomon. That means that for over 100 years the Levitical priesthood had been disfunctional. They had not taken the blood from the altar and sprinkled it on the Mercy Seat for over a century. There had been no Day of Atonement for over a hundred years. The presence of God had been absent from their 'meetings' for over a hundred years. No one could remember what 'it was like in the old days'.

When we are without the overwhelming sense of God's presence for over a hundred years we become desensitized and hungry for such a 'presence'. This is when we become particularly vulnerable to a 'method' which has worked; remember the 'cart method' had worked for the Philistines, they had moved the ark safely using this method.

How DO we get the ark back into the centre of the nation? Well, it was designed to be carried on the shoulders of people who knew how to wait in the presence of God ie priests. As E M Bounds said all those years ago... men are seeking better methods, God is seeking better men!

2008/12/18 6:44Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The Philistines were the most technologically advanced people of those days. Their use of chariots and bronze tools made then almost invincible. The subtle temptations to use modern technology to bring the presence of God into a place have continued for generations.

As a musician I am becoming increasingly vexed by this very thing. One thing I experienced in the UK was a total change in worship and singing. No electric guitars and bass guitars with drums. No 'music' driven worship. The songs were driven by the voices of the people. If I were the Pope of Protestantism for a day (as Ravenhill has said), I would remove all instruments except the piano, organ and acoustic guitars. I think I would limit instruments to 2 maximum and would not allow them to be amplified beyond their normal ability to produce sound.

I know it's all legalistic, but I sure wish we could get back to the meaty hymns (even some of the modern ones) that honored God. I long for worship that overrides the instruments as men and women sing lustily ( ;-) )to the Lord.

2008/12/18 8:10Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

You are singing a familiar and loved tune

Hello Robert,

Quote:
Tradition is the great enemy of the Church in some respects because folk begin to do things out of 'tradition' that are not Bible based.

. . . .

There has to be a willingness come to unlock our hearts and minds and allow change. God needs to edit some of our ideas and ways, but we are 'locked' in a certain paradigm. Who knows what it will take to get things back on the shoulders of the priest.

[size=large][color=3333FF]AMEN, and amen[/color][/size]

white stone

The Lord has set me free of the world's opinion of success.

2008/12/18 9:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy