SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : By Law or By Faith?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

By Law or By Faith?

By Law or by Faith?
Which way shall it be?
One makes men slaves
One sets men free

By one men are given
a yoke hard to bear
By one divine nature
God's own life to share

By one men are justified
through what they do
The other all righteousness
Is Christ Jesus in you

One came with glory that
fades and won't last
The other so glorious
the former surpassed

One came to Jacob
and descendents from him
One came with promise
and hope to all men

One was a wall
causing much enmity
The other a way
to perfect unity

So by Law or By Faith?
which way shall it be?
I've made my choice
and hope you'll follow me.

AM

2008/12/17 7:37Profile
HeartSong

Re: By Law or By Faith?

I have made my choice.
I follow Him.

Thank you for the wonderful poem.

2008/12/17 7:48Profile
preacher777E

Re: By Law or By Faith?

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
The law is changed, not done away with we are saved because he kept the law and gave us a new one to follow to be born again (after death)
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent (only by the Spirit), and be baptized every one of you(die) in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (eternal life).
A new heart.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
The wages of sin is law.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
The soul that sins must die.
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end (goal) of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
I'am not saying that we are under the law of Moses. But before the law of Moses. There where laws given by the Father. We should hunger and thirst to keep them, if not why should we seek the kingdom where we will fully keep them.

2008/12/21 2:13Profile

Re:

By Faith.

2008/12/21 3:27

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy